It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american police state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
top ten signs of the coming police state...

when ya read 'em collectively... it sure does seem that the wheels have been set in motion...

here 'tis-
www.alternet.org...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here's an alternate possibility.

What if the public has become sooooo complacent that this has happened by default? A police state may be more of a lack of effort on the public's sake, more of a collective "Why the hell should I care? I have mine." sort of attitude.

If you feed an animal enough, they will get fat. But, the last time I checked people were not entirely animals. I think through all the excesses of consumerism and sexual appetite and everything else that Americans can rightly be accused of, we have never been accused of being overly patriotic. Or overly concerned about our inalienable rights or constitutional rights or legal rights....unless it affects how much money we're making.

In order for this to be a police state we have to first identify the source of the clamp down or the force behind the power play. And the power is not emanating from a government, a monolithic being that points a finger or like parents from hell on steroids tells us where to go or what to do and when to do it.

I think the power is coming from sloth and greed. We've all done this to ourselves and the only way out of it is to do the right thing again for ourselves. No finger pointing, no blaming a government that is still elected by us - no matter if it is put in place by our free will or by our inability to stand up and make a difference.

Newtron

join