It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New super robot that can find anything

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I saw this link posted on the Coast to Coast website.

How this machine functions is still an "industrial secret," Salinas said. But ask him for proof that it works and he'll hand you a pile of press clippings on the device, called Geo-Radar or Arturito (a play on the name of Star Wars robot R2-D2).

University investigators announced laboratory and field tests indicating that the Geo-Radar technology is capable of quickly finding copper deposits, petroleum, and gold bullion at depths of up to 600 feet (283 meters).

"I program the machine with 1,500 different [atomic] profiles. The machine sends out a signal," Salinas explained.

"When that signal finds one of the searched-for elements, it bounces back. Then I have an algorithm [computer procedure] which analyzes the elements that have been detected."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

This looks amazing and real promising!

[edit on 24-5-2006 by d1k]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Nice find, Anyone think they can try to replicate this technology?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So very many uses and they seemed to have missed one, land mines! Imagine what this thing could do for that cause.

This is an amazing machine and i want to find out how it works, it must be some form of electromagnetism i reckon. I like how the oil and mining companies came flooding in lol, predictable isn't it.

d1k

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
So very many uses and they seemed to have missed one, land mines! Imagine what this thing could do for that cause.

It was originally built to find land mines and does so.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Maybe we will finally find Osama.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They have probably found a way to find out the composition of an object using some sort of wave length. Probably similar to the way that we find out what stars and other distant objects are composed of. Either way this is truly amazing.

top topics

join