It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians and Other lost knowledge of the skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have wild theory, or well someone probably mentioned it at some stage or another.

So here, it goes.... Well I am new on here so give me patience

So there is huge evidence now telling us that the pyramids and the spinx is older than previously thought, right, I have a tongue twister to this
We know that the pyramids has secrets and there is no evidence that it was for burial purposes... Egyptologist constantly denies that the pyramids are 6,000 older as to where the Sphinx and Gisa, perfectly aligned to the stars above... but...
My theory...

What if a civilisation/design came exactly at about 10,500 years ago, exactly when the stars were aligned by the Orion's belt, maybe it's a sign left for us, to say we have found you, helped your civilisations speed up etc, after all it was only from then on civilisation (as we know it sprang up)

So we know they had mathematical and astronomical knowledge that still baffles us today, how it was built and why is it almost perfectly a pyramid. and why what was the purpose of this message that the Orion belts was a replica of the pyramids. Is this the answer we have being looking for, that we have being contacted at exactly 10,500years ago as to where the pyramids should have standed 10,500 years ago,
It might not have being built 10,500 years ago but the builders were told to build it (from these visitors)because they wanted to leave a message, There has to be something hidden in this pyramid? There is still more to known. Was it aligned as to when these visitors came; they might have given us the astrominical and mathematical knowledge of today?
what else, it would be great to get chatter going on this thread..
Again

On the Cydonia pyramids on Mars are really getting closer to getting a real picture of the geology of the place, more real pictures , Nasa are even studying it, what if NASA has kept information from us for now ? More and more people are starting to take the Earth mars link seriously, NASA has proven that there is significant evidence of a salt like sea around the valley of where the pyramids on mars are located, at one time in the Martian history.
This list goes on and on...

Finally I'm probably letting my mind go wild, but its forever getting closer to find out that we are not alone, and we have definitely being watched over and visited at some stage in our humanic existence!

[edit on 19-5-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is something relevant info..
www.mars-earth.com...

some more
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe[/i

We know that the pyramids has secrets and there is no evidence that it was for burial purposes...

Yeah sure, they have secrets, but no evidence for burial purposes? I think that you should look into that!

Almost everything in the pyramids were for the buriees (?) afterlife, weapons, food, sometimes servants. I think that in one of them there is a underground river and a boat.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Originally posted by mind is the universe[/i

We know that the pyramids has secrets and there is no evidence that it was for burial purposes...

Yeah sure, they have secrets, but no evidence for burial purposes? I think that you should look into that!

Almost everything in the pyramids were for the buriees (?) afterlife, weapons, food, sometimes servants. I think that in one of them there is a underground river and a boat.

I just only stated and backed that the pyramids were not built for burial purposes, i e it was built for other reasons..

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
But they were built for burial purpsoses, there is nothing anything else that they would or could do, they're just big tombs. True, there are secrets in them, but nothing that suggests that they weren't tombs.

Even if they were built before they we think they were, of course it would be amazing, but they would still be tombs.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Maybe so, But im saying that they are some other significant reasons as to why its built, as you just mentioned, which i believe is more significant than the burials alone

But what u think of my theory above?as that it might not have been built in 10,500 years ago, but built to replicate something significant at that time of the Earth's axis maybe there is something hidden in the pyramid in relation to this

Was there exterristials visiting us at that time?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
What if a civilisation/design came exactly at about 10,500 years ago, exactly when the stars were aligned by the Orion's belt, maybe it's a sign left for us, to say we have found you, helped your civilisations speed up etc, after all it was only from then on civilisation (as we know it sprang up).

It's possible, I guess. But personally, I like to give us lowly human beings more credit. As I've said elsewhere, we as a species have been pretty much as intelligent as we are now for the last 20,000 years. More of us are formally educated now, but our basic range of intelligence is the same. That means over the years we've had our stupid people on one end of the scale, a big percentage in the middle, and over on the other end we've had our people who were absolute brilliant geniuses on the level of Imhotep, Leonardo DaVinci and Albert Einstein. Maybe they lived in mud huts, but they were still super geniuses.

And if these people were lucky, they found their way into the social system and their brains were utilized for the good of the tribe or kingdom. They came up with entire systems of measurement and law. They planned and built great buildings. The organized people and created irrigation systems. They organized armies and planned victorious battles. And so on. Over the course of the millennia, our entire civilization has been built on the genius of maybe a few thousand of these brainy types.

I don't think it's necessary, then, to attribute our greatest works to some external alien species or communication from beyond. People can be pretty darned smart.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But what u think of my theory above?as that it might not have been built in 10,500 years ago, but built to replicate something significant at that time of the Earth's axis maybe there is something hidden in the pyramid in relation to this

I know you weren't addressing me directly, but since you asked "what u think of my theory...":
What I think is that this is not your theory, being that it was proposed by Robert Bauval, and later by Bauval and Hancock, that the pyramids were placed according to a "plan" that predates their construction dates by 8,000 years or so.

The only thing different which you propose is that somehow, aliens might have been involved.

In that vein, let me give you my "theory" on the Lincoln assassination:

I think it was John Wilkes Booth that killed Lincoln. As far as I've seen, I'm the first one to state this. I also believe that aliens might have somehow made him do it by visiting Earth sometime around 6135 BC, or 8,000 years before the fact. I say this because I just can't believe anyone would actually want to kill good old "Honest Abe," so it had to be aliens involved at some level, I'm sure of it, there's no other possible explanation.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've often thought about what things would be like today if all knowledge was carried forward thru time, especially knowledge within the ancient civilizations. How much knowledge was lost due to wars, fires, and natural events (earthquakes, floods, etc)? We will never know.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by rockieboy]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I know you weren't addressing me directly, but since you asked "what u think of my theory...":
What I think is that this is not your theory, being that it was proposed by Robert Bauval, and later by Bauval and Hancock, that the pyramids were placed according to a "plan" that predates their construction dates by 8,000 years or so.

The only thing different which you propose is that somehow, aliens might have been involved.

In that vein, let me give you my "theory" on the Lincoln assassination:

I think it was John Wilkes Booth that killed Lincoln. As far as I've seen, I'm the first one to state this. I also believe that aliens might have somehow made him do it by visiting Earth sometime around 6135 BC, or 8,000 years before the fact. I say this because I just can't believe anyone would actually want to kill good old "Honest Abe," so it had to be aliens involved at some level, I'm sure of it, there's no other possible explanation.

Harte

I wouldn’t doubt our own uniqness or evolution, I don't even think that A liens or whatever you call it, were molding us as I think civilisation was advancing anyeays, my point is they might have speeded it up!

But if let's say they came around the time of the 11 century BC, there is plenty of evidence, not proof that there is artefacts in Egypt. Like Electricity and the knowledge of Mathematics etc that could be alien technology, Scientists have already found evidence that the Egyptians might have already used the technology to create electricity and lighten up the chambers within the pyramids; there are prehistoric forms of making electricity, One way was already tested, don't ask me how, but it was done in Israel a few years ago using the method the Egyptians were thought to have used?Could this be alien technology handed down from the people of the Orion's belt?

Now I would not believe this until there is proof let say, but still is interesting to look into though. I'm sure there is more facinating stuff to be told.

I see your point on the Lincoln killing, even to disagree to agree, I also believe to the very least, we could be designed, or we are being under the influence by them to some degree.
I would not even go as far as saying we could be we were not genetically engineered exactly how we are today; I would give Humanity more respect than that. I just think they just guided our existence and letting coinincidences happen for itself, (now imp going off the board here and is a matter of opinion what im stating
) The pyramids of Egypt popped up!!! C’mon, there's has to be some people out there who would like to elaborate on this..

Back the Egyptian theories
What does one think about the Cydonia.. Fake or reality

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universeSo there is huge evidence now telling us that the pyramids and the spinx is older than previously thought

Actually, there is NO evidence.

We know that the pyramids has secrets and there is no evidence that it was for burial purposes.

So you don't think the dozens of funeral temples and offering areas and memorial statues and ceremonail boats right next to the 9 pyramids with the names of people in them and the carving of Khufu's name and his work teams inside the Great Pyramid are evidence?

What if a civilisation/design came exactly at about 10,500 years ago, exactly when the stars were aligned by the Orion's belt, maybe it's a sign left for us, to say we have found you, helped your civilisations speed up etc, after all it was only from then on civilisation (as we know it sprang up)

The pyramids aren't "aligned" to Orion's belt. They're backwards.

All civilizations leave evidence. 10,000 years ago is not that long ago. Where are the traces of this?

So we know they had mathematical and astronomical knowledge that still baffles us today

Only if you don't understand simple math. We have their measuring tools and their sky charts (their calendar was wrong and needed adjusting several times) and we have calculations that they made.

Most people who took algebra could do better than the ancient Egyptians.

how it was built and why is it almost perfectly a pyramid.

We've discussed this. There's well over 4 feet discrepancy in the length of the sides. This isn't terribly accurate.

By the way, there were over 50 pyramids built in Egypt BEFORE the great pyramid was built.

You might like to do some reading on Egyptology and the pyramids -- not from the OMG! ORION!!! bunch but from the real archaeology and research. Wikipedia is one of the best places to start:
en.wikipedia.org...

More about the Egyptian civilization is here:
en.wikipedia.org...

When considering a theory, it is ALWAYS a good idea to check Wikipedia to see what current thought holds.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well there is evidence of water erosion on the Spinx which about 10,500 years ago the Sahara desert was in fact wetter, so this suggest the Spinx was around when this region was wetter! and the actual monument itself has being remoled over the milennia... But I wil get evidence for you

And at the time of 10,500 years ago Orion's belt WAS in align with the Pyramids its widly known...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by mind is the universeSo there is huge evidence now telling us that the pyramids and the spinx is older than previously thought

The pyramids aren't "aligned" to Orion's belt. They're backwards.

All civilizations leave evidence. 10,000 years ago is not that long ago. Where are the traces of this?

Well to answer you since, you have picked the IDEA arseways! I never once said there were civilsation evident 10,500 years ago, nor did i say the pyramids are still aligned to Orion, it was at one stage! like millions have people have said before my silly conversation with you! My whole theory was based that 10,500 years ago when the Orions belt was aligned to the pyramids of egypt, hence, Still to say the Pyramids might not have been there who knows, It could have being built 5,000 years ago, but the builders layed it out as it would have had 10,500 years ago. The whole point was that Extra terriostials were leaving a message at that significant time, what was the whole point of this, btw way we still don't really know as to when the Pryamids were actually built either, Egyptologist have made so many time points, still can't get it right, with wikepedia or no wikepidea..

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

could do better than the ancient Egyptians.

We've discussed this. There's well over 4 feet discrepancy in the length of the sides. This isn't terribly accurate.

Well it's still unclear as to how it was, built,

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

By the way, there were over 50 pyramids built in Egypt BEFORE the great pyramid was built.

Well i have a link, here about it's accuracy its quite accurate, not perfect i did say almost perfect, which again is not perfect, maybe I should better words for your liking! But again
www.gizagrid.com...

Maybe it wasn't to be so perfect, I don't think it was it's primary aim

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

My whole theory was based that 10,500 years ago when the Orions belt was aligned to the pyramids of egypt

10,500 years ago, Orion looked just about like it looks today (if you knew how to measure the sky accurately, it would be "off" by about the width of two or three hairs.)

There's a nice astronomy software that you can buy that calculates the positions of stars and constellations as far forward and as far back as you like.

You might like to try running CyberSky (I think the demo version will let you move back in time) and see for yourself:
www.cybersky.com...

The demo is free.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My English is not so good so hope you will anderstand me.
This is my teory.
The piramids form Mars and Earth are linked.This is the storyline.
First the piramids are made on Mars I do not know the purpose but evencialy on
mars came to an icy age .So the Aliens from sowere near the Orions Belt
needed a new planet Earth . So the piramids on earth were made again like on Mars .People on earth loked at the aliens like gods,the aliens chose the smarthest to be the pharaon to lead the men to build the piramids I say again I do not know the purpose of that.The pharaons are mumificaised in belife that some day the aliens wod come back and bring them back to life,Reincarnation.The main piramid is showing towards the constalation of Orion or Egyptian god Osiris.Do you know that the height of the piramid wh en multipyied by one bilion you get the distance between Earth ande the Son thats whiy the Egiptyans had the god Ra god of the son. Thats my teory.

top topics

join