It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

failed alien abduction or demonic oppression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OK, so someone tell me WTH happened to me last night?

I know I have heard the term "sleep paralysis" before, and sometimes it is used to explain away people having experiences perceived by them as demonic oppression or alien abduction, but really-what is it-sleep paralysis and what happened to me last night ....and was it just "sleep paralysis"...

...or something else?

I went to bed and drifted off to sleep and after some time sleeping suddenly my dreams became lucid. Not lucid as in I had control of it, but where I was "awake" enough in it I was aware I was sleeping/dreaming... and what I was dreaming seemed perceivably that something harmful was happening to me-in real life...and that I should wake!

...but I couldn't. I tried but I couldn't. I say tried and couldn't as in I could not become fully conscious and perceive the real world, nor open my eyes, nor did I feel like I was fully awake with just my eyes closed etc, or something you know? I was trapped in this "dream" and it was all dark and scarey, but I knew I was dreaming and I also knew something in the real world was supposedly happening to my body.

That went on for some time it seemed and I was in a panic and then suddenly I was fully conscious, but it wasn't like waking from a bad dream as usual, you know where your body may jerk, or your eyes fly open or you sit up abruptly, heart pounding and relieved "it was all a dream" etc.

No, this was just that my eyes were open, as if they had been all along, and I was fully conscious, no longer dreaming, aware of my husband next to me sleeping, aware of my house and family and grateful I had finally awoken, but scared still by the fact I could not move or speak and felt ill at ease with everything unnatural going on. I lay there completely paralyzed and completely aware of it.

At first I could not even move my open eyes, they were fixed on the top of the open bedroom door where the light from the kitchen illuminated it, and finally I could move my eyes about but could see not much else because I could not move my head or anything else.

I tried to say something to my husband but I could not speak or even move my mouth. Talk about panic! Fully awake, but completely paralyzed and unable to even cry out for help.

Now, just so you know, I've had those dreams where you are having a dream, and then dream you wake up but are really still dreaming...or are trying to scream in a dream but can't, etc. This was not the same. Nothing close. I was fully awake and conscious and completely paralyzed.

I stared at the top of the door and then suddenly I was dreaming again...back in the dream...still lucid enough aware it was a dream, still aware I was paralyzed..now in the dream as well I was parlyzed, and still in a panic and knowing I needed to wake.

I knew my husband lay next to me in reality and in my dream that became the dream-me laying in bed trying to wake or get him to notice I was in distress and help me...but it was all in vain until I could finally move my arm and you know when you try to scream in a dream, but can't-I could.

In my dream I was screaming, no longer paralyzed completely but still some, I was clawing at my husband and pulling his hair trying to wake him, and suddenly I was fully awake again in real life-like snapping out of a trance again I was staring at the top of the door as if my eyes had never closed-still I was paralyzed!

I lay thinking of my dream, wishing I could scream or wake my husband, and move! I put forth all my energy and finally moved an arm and was striken with fear as if I was fighting against some unnatural force to do so.

Finally, I pulled his arm over me and clinged to it-and I could speak. I said I'd had a "bad dream" simply and sought comfort that did not immediately come. I had a "weird feeling" that "something/someone" was in the room. Close to the floor...several something or someones that were small, short, or stooped over or crawling on the floor.

I could not shake that feeling... and though I could not rationally believe it, I couldn't help irrationally fearing the "something" anyway. I had to stay on my back, or put my back to my husband, because otherwise I felt vulnearble to the unseen.

I finally eventunally fell back to sleep...but man...WTH was that all about?!?!?!?!? I'll take the typical "bad dream" over that experience any day. I was freaked.

Still am.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
hi
i dont want to scare you or anything, but it was not a alien abduction or demonic oppression
i was just a gosht, i tell u this because it happens to me all the time, since 4 years until now
dont fear them, just turn on a light (most of them fear the light or dont like it), also
it doesnt matter if u are sleeping or awake, they just get inside ur dreams, i tell u this
from personal experience, and yes, the paralysis that u speak is real and also the same as my
the only thing i can tell u, is just dont fear them, turn on a light and if they keep bother u, try to speak with them, it sound like a crazy thing, but they listen, tell them to go away, (with out fear, like a order).
i hope that my advise can help u (sorry for the bad english)
peace.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now, how in Hades do I turn on the light while paralyzed?!

LOL Just making light. Hmmm just a ghost huh? Well...truth be known, I did watch Ghost Hunters before going to bed last night-that'll teach me! hehehe

Funny you mention the light though, because while watching Ghost Hunters I actually said to my husband kind of exasperated with the feel they create on the show "Why are they always in the dark? Do ghosts not exist or come out when it's light?" and Now I guess you are answering that for me. LOL

So, a ghost...as in someone who has lived and died and is now a spirit? Well, who are they, how are they paralyzing me, and why?

Now, I appreciate your reply and I am not disputing anything you say, just probing further, like what makes you so sure it's a ghost...thats even plaguing you?

How do you know it's not another type of spirit? Like...a demonic one? A spirit of something that never was in the flesh in this world/dimension?

Just curious...you know?

thanks

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Everyone has there own opinions. I have come u nder attack tooa few summers ago. I'm not sure what brought it on, but to be honest. I was looking into a lot of ouiji board stories and other paranormals things. I grew up in a haunted house and always found other peoples sotries fascinating. However, I think it also attracts demons.

I had very similar attacks, only right before it happended I could feel something climb on the bed and crawl over or around me. I couldn't scream or move and there was a very loud buzzing in my ears and a feeling that I was being held down. I don't care what people say, it is not sleep paralysis. It's an attack.

This went on for about 3 weeks about 3 times a week. I finally got good and pissed and told it to leave and it did. The other thing that also helped is that I layed out a bible open to any page in Psalms.

Next time it happens get pissed and deman it to leave. I think in some way its a game to them to see if they can dominate you.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
....I finally got good and pissed and told it to leave and it did.....

know that's TRUE!!!!

100% agree

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I think in some way its a game to them to see if they can dominate you.

Fun game!

LOL No, no, not really.

Geez...what a pain. I hope I don't have to deal with this tonight, but we'll see, huh?

We had a ghost in one of the houses we lived in when I was a preteen child. We only lived there about 2 years, maybe less. I was just telling my husband about last night too-and how I saw him, (the ghost) felt his presence as did my mother and sister but that he never really scared us too much or felt negative or hostile etc.

We all just saw him at night near our beds standing there staring at us...and my mother said there were stories of the area being on possible ancient American Indian burrial grounds...she seemed sincere and not the type to make up such things let alone believe them- usually! LOL That experience changed her perspectives of people who think they see ghosts etc. LOL

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I used to have these things ALL the time (like 3 or 4 a week) until about a month or 2 ago, then I had the worst one ever! Read my thread called "Scared to fall asleep" anyway I started reading the bible and praying daily and within a matter of days they stopped. Personaly I think that they are either demons or evil spirits.
I feel you, beleive me I feel you.
Cant promise that it'll work for you but it has worked a treat on me!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your thoughts-last night was a typical night of sleeping so I guess all is well.

I didn't open the Bible, or feel there was anything to command to leave and I guess I was even curious to see if anything would happen again-but at the same time hoped it did not-you know?! LOL

But all was well...still wonder WTH it was all about though!

new topics

top topics

join