It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentaly ill forced into combat.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
After reading with great interest WyredOnes thread (link below) about only 1 in 5 US vets with PTSD recieving treatment.....

www.abovetopsecret.com... ........i was appaulled to read this news item below from CNN.

www.cnn.com...

Are they stupid or what? You don't send troops who are taking medication for depression back into combat with a weapon! Even worse, and i can't believe i even read this, you don't send troops with a comfirmed diagnosis of PTSD into combat!!!

I'm not saying it's always that easy to see signs of depression, as some people can hide this away very well, but we are talking about soldiers with KNOWN conditions, KNOWN cases of PTSD. Why? In some cases because of troop shortages! Thats gets my vote for one of the most pathetic things i've seen the military do, and also shows how much they really give a damn about the troops at times!

Lets just hope they get this sorted sooner rather than later, theres enough of our troops getting killed by the enemy out there as it is without our own military helping out!

CX.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In 1990, taking any anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication was grounds for release from military service. It looks as if the military is going against their own rules do to shortages in manpower. The draft can't be far off.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is disgusting. Of course, we come from a culture that says a pill can cure all; medication for mental health is tough enough under the best of circumstances. We've come a long way since General Patton's slapping soldiers, but now we're regressing. I see now what could contribute to the soldier suicides. Once again we see soldiers as "cannon fodder."

Solve the soldier shortage--anyone who thought this war was necessary should "support the troops," "be patriotic" and enlist. Age doesn't matter, as witness to Guard and Reserve. Don't play chicken hawk and send someone else's son/daughter to die or be maimed.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
In 1990, taking any anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication was grounds for release from military service. It looks as if the military is going against their own rules do to shortages in manpower. The draft can't be far off.

Let the Dems get elected and we will surly have the draft. There are a few democratic congressman the have a bill in the house just for that. Charlie Rangel of NY leads the way.

new topics

top topics

join