It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops stakeout Warren Jeff's Texas compound.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm not too clued up on the background of this topic other than what i am reading and listening to on the news.

www.dallasnews.com...

News networks have reported Jeff's followers "fleeing town" for some reason. They also say that whilst Jeff's is not considered armed and dangerous, he does have bodyguards and no doubt a lot of people at the compound ready to protect him, if indeed he is in there.

If the FBI are dealing with this, can we expect them to deal with it very delicately? I'm thinking of the whole Waco thing, i know this is'nt the same scenario, but there are similarities. Anytime where prophets, followers, compounds and arms are mentioned in the same news item, it's seldom a time for nice news.

As i said, this is the first i've heard of this subject, is this as serious as it sounds on the news?

CX.

CX

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry, they've removed the news item on that link
Typical, the only updated one i can find regarding the reports from todays news.

I'll update it as soon as i find a decent link.

CX.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have heard of this.

Watch closely - if they enter this compound, it will become another Waco incident most likely.

But ain't that America - today.

I'd like to belong to such a compound. They grow their own food and esentially have their own town.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The guy just made the FBIs most wanted list that is why it was front page news.. Allegedly he is a polygamist with a cult following of sorts and is wanted for abuse of a minor as I recall. As for the Sheriff keeping tabs on him they mentioned on the news that the sheriff really does not want to get involved as it might become another Waco. They have signs posted all over the place no trespassing as I understand it and the land is a privately owned which makes it rather hard for the sheriff to take action without actual proof that he is there to get a warrant to enter. The following might help as it has more info in detail. Even now the story seems to be loosing interest because yesterday Google had several stories but today it contains less, when searching news.

Siouxcityjornal.com

A polygamist church leader with possible ties to South Dakota has been placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.

The agency hopes the additional exposure and reward money, now at $100,000, leads to the arrest of Warren Jeffs.

Jeffs, 50, is accused of arranging marriages between underage girls and older men. He is wanted in Arizona on criminal charges of sexual conduct with a minor. He also was charged in Utah with rape as an accomplice.

Jeffs is believed to have safe houses in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Canada, and on land in southwest South Dakota south of Custer at Pringle.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 5/12/2006 by shots]

new topics

top topics

join