It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Apologizes for Religious Comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
WASHINGTON -- A top Pentagon general apologized Friday to those offended by his statements casting the war on terrorism in religious terms.
In a statement, Army Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin said he never meant to offend Muslims.

"I am not anti-Islam or any other religion," Boykin said. "I support the free exercise of all religions. For those who have been offended by my statements, I offer a sincere apology."...

www.newsmax.com...

Well it seems a senior officer has let his tongue slip and got a verbal spanking for it, but i'm sure this stuff goes on every day from all ranks, right up to CINC

Yes i know its newsmax but its an AP story hosted on it so dont run just yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Well it seems a senior officer has let his tongue slip and got a verbal spanking for it, but i'm sure this stuff goes on every day from all ranks, right up to CINC

Yes i know its newsmax but its an AP story hosted on it so dont run just yet.

Yeah right. He doesnt reeaaallllyy feel that way. He's only sorry because he got called on it. What an a$$hole.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Oldest low-class media-rag trick in the book make the statement, ensure it's well-aired, and then retract: " no smoke without fire" etc.
Imagine any US general being allowed to publicise any comment questioning the wisdom of US policy towards Tel Aviv.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Some people think that Racial and religious slurs and stereotypes are the actual norm. That's why Dubya thinks the US is a Christian nation.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Indeed, NTH: a very happy little "mistake" on the part of the general.

top topics

join