It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DaVinci Code took Over my Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have finally picked up A&D. Read about 40 pages so far and am really into it. If a book does not grab me quick, I find it tough to read but this one has passed with flying colors.

A friend was telling me they had picked up Deception Point and could not get into it. Im probably looking to get into that one next, but has anyone read it?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I found the DaVinci Code didactic and patronizing. I was so utterly bored by it, I'll skip the movie. The characters were one-dimensional, except Silas the Albino monk, who at least exhibits some development along with the plodding and predictable plot.

Not a fundamentalist christian problem with the premise - only Boccacio, Brown is not.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Da Vinci Code is an amazing book.
I'm almost done it, it's one of the best books I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK. Lots going on in my life but I just started reading it and I LOVE it! Very exciting and intriguiging! I wish I had hours to just sit and read, but I don't. So it's going to take a week or so at least. But I'm savoring it!

It's not often I run across such an interesting book.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's enjoyable reading but not superb.
Many stuff are expectable.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bscale
It's enjoyable reading but not superb.
Many stuff are expectable.

Well thats an opinion.

My opinion was that Davinci was captivating. I was under its spell when I began to read it and had to shove everything else to the side until I finished.

A&D I have had for awhile and still have not read through much, but within the next month I plan on getting into it. I've been in the middle of a move of about 4 hours away, so I've been all over the place as of late. Once I get settled I plan to dig into A&D and hopefully that does to me what DaVinci did.

I've had this one too long. Needs to be read!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've been on hiatus from A&D for many, many months. But yesterday I finally kicked myself in the ass and picked it up. I started back from the beginning and freshened up on the first 50 pages or so. I read almost 200 pages yesterday, and I plan on giving it another go later tonight.

Utter amazement so far.

Brown's ability with the pen has me at the edge of my seat.

From a man who is a serious movie buff, no movie could ever touch what these books have done for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join