It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaaah! Microsoft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've had it with Microsoft, my 360s broke and they refuse to give me any help with it! They keep sending me the same generic bloody e-mail about phoning customer support. I did it, and there's a complete and utter pleb on the other end telling me to check it's plugged in and that rememberd to plug it in!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happened with my first Xbox as well.

I am this - [ ] far from going Linux on their collective ass.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I am proud to say my xbox360 works just fine.

Not to rub it in though...

Trying not too!

Microsoft does provide alot of good support though. I work for a department that is open 24/7 and deals with all virus/spyware related issues, all at no cost to the customer. So thats abit of a sweet deal if your ever experiencing any problems with virus/spyware.

But again, that is not going to bring back Z's 360.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I might find the latest Microsoft place soon and go all Rambo on them. I want my 360 back! It runs, but only fro about an hour before it freezes.

I'm readying my bricks.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is it with more than one game?

My NHL 2k6 has this from time to time but all my others are fine.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All of them, I think I know what it is though, I've heard that the first batch still had foil on some of the components, I might open it up and take a peek, but in the mean time, I'm gonna go play on Live for a while, until it freezes and I punch the wall in fact.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A guy that sits next to me here at work had a 360 as well that messed up on him. He simply exchanged it at Wal-Mart with no trouble at all.

Can you exchange yours?

8th

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I find it funny that you even bought one, unless you are planning on purchasing a PS3 in November. I mean, the system specifications are clear as day, and 360 is shut down by the capabilities of the PS3.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That was a pretty stupid thing to say wasn't it? The PS3 isn't out for a year, and I like the games on the 360 better.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Z did you attempt to exchange your 360?

If you had your receipt I don't see how there would be a problem in exchanging it.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm gonna try at the weekend. I still got the receipt and everything, I just hope I can keep my HD, it's got tons of stuff on it!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Did you buy the core package or complete? They would probably want it back if you had it included. I would push to say how much is on it and ask if they could just have it replaced or something.

Your ATS debating skills will have to come out.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I got the Premium, I aint no core-tard!

As you say, I'll have to use all my utterly pro ATS skills to persuade them. There gamers in there so they should understand!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah I needed to get the core when I first had it. No stores around here would order it in. So it cost me another $100 for the hd. Ah well, it helps me pass the time when I am bored.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wahoo! Took your advice chissler and took it back, they gave me a brand spanking new one, I got to keep my HD and I got an apology!

Gonna have to go and play it now!

8th

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
That was a pretty stupid thing to say wasn't it? The PS3 isn't out for a year, and I like the games on the 360 better.

Maybe in your opinion, but if your somebody that does your research about the new consoles then you would have known how superior the Sony will be.
It is set to be released in November, due to the BluRay technology not being ready yet. They held it up because they don't want people like you in your situation (Thank you Sony). I mean just for starters, a Sony owner will be running a cell processor (waaaay more TFLOPS/s) and be running state of the art disc technology - which holds as much as your Microsoft HD... Those are just the tip of the iceberg, so where is the competition again?
I don't really care to elaborate anymore, you can read about it all over the internet, you should check it out sometime.

I'm not even going to purchase one, but the advantages are clear as day. I have a couple-thousand-dollar computer built for media editing that I can run games on, and PC gaming is where its at. I understand not all teenagers can convince mommy and daddy to buy them one though.

Happy Gaming

-8th

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Fair points 8th, and I admit that the PS3 will be more powerful, I just like the games that Microsoft has to offer better.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
8th to think the Ps3 will be released without any flaws, is alittle far fetched in my mind. I have never seen a system released without experiencing some difficulties, it is inevitable.

Z..

Glad to hear you could replace it.

What games you playing?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oblivion and Battlefield 2 at the moment, they both rock!

new topics

top topics

join