It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The handicapped and mentally ill.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Goes to show don't piss God off.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
God holds people in account only when they can perceive moral right and wrong. Anybody is incapable of moral determination of right or wrong (babies, extremely mentally handicapped people) are considered as righteous and are granted entry into heaven. In fact it is properly correct to believe that God will hold geniuses to a much higher moral standard than some one with much lower intelligence. However unless there is an ability to understand moral decisions then there is no judgement from God. However you geniuses out there better shape out for God is probably holding you to a higher standard.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I didn't read anyone elses respones (yet) I have but one thing to say. They are angels in disguise..don't ever underestimate what you see with your *eyes*..

I have worked amongst the mentally and physically challenged since I was 16 and there is nothing that will ever change my opinion of the above
God bless their souls & ours too..
Mags

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
well not mentally handicapped here but i am severely physically disabled, anyways i always have thought i was here in this condition for some higher purpose and have a tendency to think on a higher level and seem to meet highly depressed people and in almost every case have made them stop being that way and now have better, more productive lives.

might sound arrogant but thats the truth, or what i've seen so far.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Goes to show don't piss God off.

Hmmphh, so if you piss God off he's gonna kill hundreds or thousands of innocent children.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
well not mentally handicapped here but i am severely physically disabled, anyways i always have thought i was here in this condition for some higher purpose and have a tendency to think on a higher level and seem to meet highly depressed people and in almost every case have made them stop being that way and now have better, more productive lives.

This is a fine example of what I know about handicapped people..and no, you don't sound in the least bit arrogant..continue on in your journey just how you are going..you are changing lives all the time for the better for those who are not blind

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

Originally posted by namehere

This is a fine example of what I know about handicapped people..and no, you don't sound in the least bit arrogant..continue on in your journey just how you are going..you are changing lives all the time for the better for those who are not blind

well i been close to going but i seem to have good luck everytime and escape from it, must be a reason to be here, for what i have no idea yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thier is nothing different between them and us.
They should be treated just the same as you would treat your brother/sister.
All are equal in Gods eyes.
Deep

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Handicapped people should recieve the same amount of kindness, dignity, and respect as any other person. They still have a soul. God takes all in account (whether we are mentally ill or physically handied etc.) when He judges us.

Hey, that's THE nicest thing I've heard anyone say about the mentally ill or handicapped. I wish a lot more people in the world were like you.
I wholeheartedly agree, EVERYONE no matter what situation they're in, deserves to live.

GOD BLESS US ALL...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Thier is nothing different between them and us.
They should be treated just the same as you would treat your brother/sister.
All are equal in Gods eyes.
Deep

lol, i agree, i know some creepy, mean and horrible disabled people, infact when i was a kid i loved to turn this one kids chair off because he liked being an ass, disabled are no different than anyone

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
this has an 'odor' to it...

maybe like the incinerators in 1940s rhineland...

the 'others' : disabled, retarded, jews, gypsies-->
those non-aryan subhumans...all those Quazimotos and the like..

a distance was first made, seperating all the 'others' from the 'WE'--the normal people !!
leading to a distain then fear then hatred for these souls

(az we approach the timewave zero & Omega Point...do we also descend from the human family tree??)

Chaos- - Entropy

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
One of my cousins is Deaf, and hes a jerk at times too.
So everytimes hes around and being a jerk, we'll wait till he he can see us(family) then pretend to whisper to eachother and point at him.
This annoys the # out of him because he cant hear what we are saying, but its all fun and jokes and he never takes it to heart.
We treat him like hes the same as someone who can hear.
Deep

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
perhaps you should go work with or befriend some handicapped people or mentally ill people.

I've done this most of my life...Befriending handicapped people & doing favors (opening doors & such for even handicapped that I've never met before but encounter roaming out & about), etc.

...Nearly 5 years ago, I married a handicapped person...She has both mental & physical handicaps that she was born with & still suffers from further imparements that's she's suffered from during her life before we met. Still don't regret that decision one bit! I'll never say that it's been easy, but we're still hanging in there & it's been worth it.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
MidnightDStroyer...damn skippy man! Rock on!

...I don't know how to respond to this thread at all...I've spent the last 6 years working in Mental Health, and before that did on and off work for/with people who had ID (Intellectual Disabilities), physical disabilities, drug/alcohol addictions etc...as well as having much-loved family members and friends who would fit in either one or more of those categories...

...I'll tell you this much, these people ARE different from you or I...but different ONLY in that they are subjected to a hell of a lot more ignorance than any other peoples...which makes the TRUE handicap/disability NOT theirs but the society who chooses to judge them.

Peace,
ALIEN

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join