It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet stream cycle influence on local weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was wondering if there is already 3d generated veiws of weather systems made. In specific regards to weather areas like local area weather systems that are frequently affected by jet stream cycles the pass back and forth.

I\'m currently north of the toronto area and I was just wondering what the weather system would look like in 3d with a view that somewhat accomadates the amount of mass to the systems and the power behind prevailing winds.

Also id there a great potential for tornadoes or downburst or severe weather including hail and such. I have already witnessed quite severe weather phenomenon. I was wathcing the clouds one night and the updraft patterns where like huge waves in the clouds.

And the is incredible high speed winds in the upper atmospheres here on occasional incidents. I am somewhat stunned by the weather systems here. It\'s very severe but I want to know if it has a cycle that I can view in 3D?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dear Magickesists,

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but I use it daily to look for earthquake and tornado clouds. These have loops in color which I find helpful:
aviationweather.gov...
www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

Of what you said about the jetstream, I was watching accuweather several days ago and the jetstream was unusually low for this time of year in California. Also, I'm wondering about the updraft patterns and incredible high speed winds in the upper atmosphere you were talking about, because this may be a cause for the last two Ice Chunks that are falling here. I do remember reading about updraft somewhere in one of the articles I've posted.

Hope this helps...God Bless

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Very cool links I like them and will most likely frequent them, however it's not what i was looking for.

I'm interested in looking at a 3d view, like a google earth map where you can change perspectives and zoom in zoom out play an pause an animated veiw of weather systems in local areas.

I'm gonna go find the expert on weather for ats.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Do you mean something like this? 3D weather Globe & Atlas

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's friggin Amazing, Must have!

Thanks, I am Once again given the knowledge of something I knew not of.
My ignorance begone, truly I thank you.

MUahahahahahahaha

new topics

top topics

join