It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero, Montauk Point Air Force Base Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
In regards the fish: it is a famous symbol of Christians? related, I don't know so I'm just throwing it out for consideration.

Here is a clearer shot of the fish, maybe a shark.

Notice also the whole that has been chissled through the concrete wall.

As for the fish, I suppose it could be there as a Christian symbol. But again, the place is a hot spot for fishermen who fish there at night out among the breakers. So this could simply have been just another bored fisherman carving a fish into the walls. But yeah, the place was full of little bizarre things like that, including stones being piled up and balanced very precariously throughout the base.

[edit on 4-25-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Woha, these are some brillant images.

Never really read into Montauk tho.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Xabora you really should read 'The Montauk Project' it is definitely a good read, and a book that started many people (myself included) on the conspiracy path. Highly recommended!

You should be able to pick up a copy cheap from Amazon or somewhere. You may be able to download a PDF of it too

Do you use Bit Torrent at all? If so, there is a video for download here:
The Montauk Project and the Philadelphia Experiment - Rare Salvaged Videos - Four 1 Hour Video Tapes that may be worth getting.

I don't know how good it is I've just started to download it myself, but it may take me some time with my connection. Maybe someone else can comment?

Have fun man

[edit on 15/4/2006 by alienanderson]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow great pictures. I cant say I personally buy into most of the about Montauk but its really great too see these pictures on ATS taken my a ATS admin.

I really like the pictures of the cliffs

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Brilliant pictures
Found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Okay, so I could be speaking of something that I know nothing at all about, or pointing fingers where they needn't be pointed. But, I have an odd suspision that cancer rates on Long Island are higher than elsewhere in NY. As I stated before, my boyfriend's entire family has been living all over LI since they were kids. There is very high incidences of cancer within his family. It could just be genetic, or it could be something in the air. I guess it's all just speculation.

Great pics by the way!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson
There are a few sites that mention Men-an-Tol as an ancient site, e.g. :

All I ever heard about Men-an-Tol was that if you crawled thru the hole at a certain time (full moon), it would cure you of rickets!!

Great pics of the Montauk Point base, tho. The 14th one looks to be the old base chapel.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Choice pics!! This is why I keep coming back to ATs, when there is significant field work done and we can revise previous conspiracies with new evidence. Thanks a lot William.

Now, not to downplay the mysterious nature of the base, but you mentioned stones being piled on precariously in various places... This is typical of a park or any trail system. The little structures are called "cairns", and are used to mark a trail or tell you that you're still in the right place. What you saw could have been something completely different from what I'm thinking though, haha.

Great stuff! I wouldn't mind taking a trip out to Montauk this Spring/Summer to do a little snooping around myself.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Got to know something about Men-An-Tol initially through my favourite band, The Levellers who wrote a song titled Men-An-Tol.

www.youtube.com...

www.lyrics007.com...

However, it wasn't until I stumbled across this link that I had heard anything about a link with Aleister Crowley, The Philadelphia Project and Montuak.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

But one thing I don't seem to be able gain anymore information on is the exact nature and purpose of the ceremony conducted by Crowley at Men-An-Tol?

Does anyone know anymore specific details about the goings on around Men-An-Tol?

I suspect that it was all complete BS and that the true nature and secrets of Men-An-Tol may lay in some forgotten past, and will continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
GREAT POST!!! KUDOS TO YOU!!!

just a couple questions.

is there anything there that is still functional and in use today. i saw the gate with an updated keypad whats that for or is it just for the security patrol?

also are there any consequences of going inside all the boarded up places? like if someone actually decides to go there and go deep inside and see whats there what consequences would there be?

did you see any type of security devices to prevent this? besides just standard fencing and all is there any monitoring equipment if someone decideds to go inside?

are you/have you felt ill or queezy since being there? ive read rumors of peeps that go there and then feel sick. have you experienced this??

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
thanks for bumping this post, whoever did it. never saw this one, very interesting.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21

is there anything there that is still functional and in use today. i saw the gate with an updated keypad whats that for or is it just for the security patrol?

There are parts of the base that are functional, although most of the bunkers and older structures are now sealed off. The electronic gate at the main entrance is where that keep pad is located, and I suppose it is for the police and maintenance to use. I suppose it would be also used to grant access to any heavy equpitment or trucks that might go on the property. I have read accounts of people seeing semi's on the grounds of the base, but I have never seen one personally there so I won't swear to it. But it is possible, especially if they are trying to repair the building that the SAGE sits atop of.

also are there any consequences of going inside all the boarded up places? like if someone actually decides to go there and go deep inside and see whats there what consequences would there be?

All of the structures are clearly marked off limits. First of all, most of the buildings are in very poor repair. So entering a house could be very dangerous if a board is rotten and you step on it. Besides these obvious dangers, there is also the fact that you can be arrested for tresspassing and perhaps even breaking and entering if you are caught inside. I had read (but again won't swear to it) that the underground parts of the base are still owned by the federal government. This means if you are caught inside of a bunker, you make be charged with violating a federal law, as opposed to a state law.

Then there is something else a little more sinister to consider. If there is any covert activity going on underground there, you can bet you will be apprehended if you tresspass in one of those areas. In my opinion, if there is any sort of subversive action going on there, surveillance techniques are so advanced today that you will be caught before you can come anywhere near anything that might be sensitive.

did you see any type of security devices to prevent this? besides just standard fencing and all is there any monitoring equipment if someone decideds to go inside?

I never saw anything except for a few video cameras. And of course the state police officer who drives around the base all day. In case you are unaware the base is a state park today, so anyone can get in. The places that are off limits are marked very clearly to stay away, and most of those are sealed with thick slabs of concrete.

are you/have you felt ill or queezy since being there? ive read rumors of peeps that go there and then feel sick. have you experienced this??

I never felt sick while on the base, nor right after leaving there.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think many of you might be interested in our next ATSMIX Interview with someone that claims that he worked at Montauk, Stewart Swerdlow will be our guest.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
woot

thanks for the replies. that base has interested me ever since i was about 13. i read an article somewhere on Prodigy (lol i think i just aged myself) that connected Montauk with an multidimensional gateway and that a some monster came from it killed some scientist and such. at the time i thought it was just a story but now i realize that there might be some facts in there.

thanks for all the info. hopefully this summer i can make a trip out there. it would be interesting to see it with my own eyes.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
William One Sac, I was wondering where the location of the picture with the caption, "A tunnel going into one of the bunkers." is because I am a local to Montauk and visit Camp Hero state park monthly and I have never seen that spot. I just want to know a round about area where that is located.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Got to know something about Men-An-Tol initially through my favourite band, The Levellers who wrote a song titled Men-An-Tol.

www.youtube.com...

www.lyrics007.com...

Stole my thunder! I was going to post about the Levellers. I found out about Men-An-tol thru that song, too. As I had posted earlier, all I heard about it was that going thru the holed stone on a full moon cured rickets and some other diseases.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm originally from Long Island. I spent little time in Montauk, usually just going charter fishing or picking up the ferry to Block Island. However, I have many friends, none of them conspiracy-minded, who are convinced there is/was something weird going on out there.
Thanks for the great photos.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apv1192 I was wondering where the location of the picture with the caption, "A tunnel going into one of the bunkers." is because I am a local to Montauk and visit Camp Hero state park monthly and I have never seen that spot. I just want to know a round about area where that is located.

That tunnel is in the bunker near the bluffs. It is the first structure that you come across if you enter the base by the lighthouse, and walk along the dune tops. The bunker has a round circle of concrete in front of it in the sand.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
For an in-depth investigation into Camp Hero and a photo of Junior, check out www.theroadtoruins.com !

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

You know the pictures you said "a tunnel leading into the bunker. couldnt bring myself to crawl in there". me and my friend went into it and its just a little room, it doesnt bring you anywhere. we also got into the radar tower and are plannin to get into everywhere else somehow or other.

AWEsome shots by the way. some really do define the "spooky" aspect of Camp hero because YAH its spooky at night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join