It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero, Montauk Point Air Force Base Pictures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
These are a bunch of pictures I took out at Camp Hero between 1999 and 2004. Some of the pictures are from before the base was opened to the public. There aren't any earth-shatterings photographs here. However most of these have not been published on the web, and I thought someone might find something interesting. I apologize to those of you on dial up.

This is a picture of a symbol someone carved into a rock on the base.

The dreaded bluffs...

Welcome to Camp Mind Control, (Retired)

I think an AA battery must have sat here at one time.

The bluffs are quite unstable.

The SAGE off in the distance.

A bunker.

Close-up of the SAGE Radar.

Bunker Dunn Plaque.

Another bunker...

A regular plane over flying the base...

A weird old house that was fenced off limits.

Some building.

Another building...

The planetary circle (I think) Not sure why they named it that. There was also another dirt road that went in a circle whose purpose eludes me...

Another bunker plaque.

Bunker with a big fish etched into it.

This was off limits. This was the police officers office.

Just a pretty path behind the bunkers...

A shot of what I beleive was the microwave tower.

I guess they don't have weed whackers!

We suspected this was the giga-watt meter John Quinne Described. I have been berated many times that it is not.

Just a shot from the scenic view! Some scenery...

In this one you can just make out the masts from the GATR array. I never got on the ground there.

A road in the base. The undergrowth made it almost impossible to travel any other way...

Some of the juice flowing into the base with two working buildings, as far as I could tell...

Spooky pictures of the SAGE.

Spooky pictures of the bluffs. Nice story behind this shot.

Odd building.

Shot of the inside of one of the bunkers. I got this shot by putting my camera through a hole in the wall well over my head. The orbs are caused by water droplets, or the interdimensional monster named Junior forming out of thin air!

Another bunker shot.

Some graffetti in the bunker...

Spooky bunker shot.

A tunnel going into one of the bunkers. I couldnt bring myself to crawl in there.

Pretty well camoflauged bunker near the bluffs...

The police barracks.

A new generator near the bluffs...

A hole in a bunker. This was how I got the shots of the inside.

A house on the base...

Tunnel, partially exposed, leading to complex beneath the radar.

These concrete manhole covers were all over the place in the woods.

Another uncared for building.

I noticed these trees fallen over around one particular bunker. I thought it might be evidence of some kind of ground contamination...

Some wires coming out of a bluff.

These weird paths were cut through some very dense paths at odd intervals around the base. At first I couldnt figure out what they were, and speculated they might be some kind of aerial markers. Now I think it is probably just the Army Corps of Engineers looking for unexploded ordinance.

A plane that kept flying over the base. On all our visits there.

Montauk Point is very pretty in the summer...

Warning of Unexploded Ordinance.

This is an entrance into the rear of the base. Notice this is where the power lines enter.

Front Entrance to the base.

Here is another (again) picture of the SAGE. I am not certain how high it is but it is a massive structure. Below it is a picture of a 7 story building in the town of Montauk. Seems odd that these buildings are supported by what is purported to be a base of sand and water.

The Babes of Montauk...

A communications mast in the middle of the base...

[edit on 4-11-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Excellent post Willy!

Just the name 'Montauk' used to freak me out after reading the first two Montauk books - i really and truly believed every word in them!

Now I am more realistic, but still keep an open mind on the subject

Great pictures BTW, really brought back memories for me

Especially like the 'spooky' ones - very atmospheric!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thanks! I really enjoyed exploring that place back then.

Also, I agree with you, I dont buy into the conspiracies regarding the base anymore. But it was fun at the time. Still though, some of the stuff still makes me wonder. Maybe there are some kernals of truth mixed in with disinformation...

That picture by the bluffs in the fog was too cool. I knew I was close to the edge, but because of all the haze you couldnt see the water. Only hear it. It wasnt until I got to the edge that I could make out the water. That was pretty creepy.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Woh - I bet that was scary!

Yeah the Montauk Project certainly was fun at the time. BTW do you live anywhere near Montauk, or just used to travel there to visit?

I just remembered that one of the places mentioned in the 'Montauk Project' is a place of power that has a resonance with Montauk, it's an ancient standing stone in the UK called Men-an-Tol and is not far from where I live. I'll post a photo when I get home.

I recently did a search just to see what was happening in the world of Preston, Moon, Cameron etc and came across this article which you may or may not have read before - Doomsday time travelers or sex cult? - which was disheartening to read, but kinda puts things in perspective for me.

As you say, there could be a kernel of truth in it amongst the disinfo

I do know that the images of the Sage Radar still creep me out if I think of them being used in mind control experiments

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I do live closeby to Montauk. Its around a two hour trip off season. In the summer you can almost double travel time due to the beach traffic.

I had read an article on Nichols in Maxim magazine several years ago that said the guy was getting into some strange sexual behavior with some people that went to him and claimed to be Montauk boys.

One thing for sure, I wish I had known about the place around 10 years earlier, when the bunkers were still open. I have heard some interesting stories about them, and also have been given some intriguing suggestions on what to look for if I can ever get into one. (Which I dont see happeneing...)

I would like to hear more about the Men-an-Tol.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some great photos there WOS! I noticed you mentioned the thought of getting into the bunkers, which you dont see happening. Im sort of wondering how the graffiti got into the bunkers, did you see any possible ways of getting in? Thinking about a trip up there in the near future and if I get there would like to know what might be safe and not safe in regards to entering those bunkers, buildings and such. Its a place that always intrigued me as it was the original subject that got me interested in Conspiracies,good ol' Montauk!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Excellent post WOS

"...or the interdimensional monster named Junior forming out of thin air!"

I would to have loved to have crawled into that tunnel and snap some pictures. I enjoyed reading about your adventures on your website. The graffiti on the wall is an old symbol. It represents the sun and it's rays of light.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Im sort of wondering how the graffiti got into the bunkers, did you see any possible ways of getting in? Thinking about a trip up there in the near future and if I get there would like to know what might be safe and not safe in regards to entering those bunkers, buildings and such.

The last few trips we made there, the bunkers were constantly being repaired and broken into. I would think carefully before entering them though. Besides the obvious dangers that would come with going into those places, I am pretty sure that all of the bunkers and underground facilities are still owned by the federal government.

The fact that someone seems to be perpetually breaking into the bunkers led me to speculate that there might be homeless people living on the grounds.

Just some thoughts to contemplate.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for the post William One Sac! The whole Montauk/Philadelphia Experiment thing is what caused me to stumble onto ATS and eventually join. I too have begun to believe that nothing much happened at Montauk, especially when it was finally opened as a park.

That was one of the big things the conspiracy had going for it - why would the government say it was a park, but not open it to the public?

But I have to admit that a little part of me keeps on thinking that maybe, just maybe, some crazy government stuff did go on there, if nothing more than to keep the conspiracy interesting...

The one thing that has always kept me curious was that there is supposedly a plaque on the top of the radar that has Philiadelphia inscribed on it. I posted about this way back in March of last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still keeping an eye out for proof that such a plaque is there.. or proof that it is not....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
That was one of the big things the conspiracy had going for it - why would the government say it was a park, but not open it to the public?

This had bothered me as well. However it was well known that campers and fisherman were using the parts near the beaches for quite some time while the base was closed. On my last trip there I aquired a historical research pass from the state, and so was able to take many pictures right out in the open, although I was accosted by the police. I believe the base was officially closed do the dangers of unexploded ordinance, however this does not explain why campers and fisherman were given passes to use the base as well.

It seems to me that the restrictions were really just relegated to the areas surrounding the radar tower. The roads there were in good condition, I find it hard to believe that they were worried about UEO in that area.

Originally posted by DCFusion
The one thing that has always kept me curious was that there is supposedly a plaque on the top of the radar that has Philiadelphia inscribed on it. I posted about this way back in March of last year.

As far as I can tell there is no way to get onto that tower during the day. You would be spotted for miles on top of it. Also, when we did our historical research I had to promise that I would not enter any buildings or fortifications, particularly the radar. That is one mystery somebody else is going to have to solve.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi Willy

There are a few sites that mention Men-an-Tol as an ancient site, e.g. :

Standing enigmatically on the southern slopes of wild, gorse covered moorland is the conundrum known as Men-an-Tol.

The holed stone, formerly referred to as the "Crick Stone", or the "Devil's Eye", is placed perpendicular to the alignment so that the flanking stones can be viewed through the hole.

Like Stonehenge, Men-an-Tol is a very famous megalith because it is atypical. It is unique. Other holed stones exist but there is no other example in the U.K. of an alignment of stones like this.

It has been suggested that the stones are the remains of a chambered tomb, presumably with the holed stone forming an entrance.
source

And there are also webpages that connect Men-an-Tol to the Philadelphia Experiment via Aleister Crowley:

Aleister Crowley conducted a ritual at August 12, 1943 (the date of the historic Philadelphia/Montauk-Project) at a stonecircle in Lands End, Cornwall, called "Men-An-Tol". The ritual should produce a line of "rough water" between this point and Montauk-Point/Long Island across the Atlantic Ocean. source

Here's a picture that I took this month:

and there are more artistic images here

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Has anyone bothered to Google earth this.
Well if your intersted theres a handful of multi-million dollar estates that are pissing distance from the base.

Whats that mean ... I dunno but im sure someone here can speculate up a storm.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by moreanfaster
Well if your intersted theres a handful of multi-million dollar estates that are pissing distance from the base.

Funny you mention Google. After reading this I spent near two hours zooming in the entire area. You can see lines in the forests floor surrounding the area. And curiously huge and strange looking Mansions with in walking distance of the complex. I couldnt locate the GATR antenna's though. Whats strange also is many power lines leading to knowhere. Im sure huge underground facilities are the norm these days for clandestine projects. Im convinced that under TTP Nevada is a huge base.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
VType - any chance you could post or link to some interesting images?

I don't have Google Earth but i will soon - perhaps you could post the co-ordinates or whatever system info i need to see Montauk so that i can check it out

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson
VType - any chance you could post or link to some interesting images?

I don't have Google Earth but i will soon - perhaps you could post the co-ordinates or whatever system info i need to see Montauk so that i can check it out

Here is a link to some screen shots I took. I will get more up tomarrow.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Cheers VType

And I'll definately be looking at Montauk, Denver Airport and Area 51 when I get Google Earth up and running!

Oh and Willy, I forgot to ask earlier - about the symbol in the first photo that you posted; approximately how large would you say that was and have you any idea if it is an established symbol that has meaning?

[edit on 12/4/2006 by alienanderson]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by moreanfaster

Montauk = very rich neighborhood. Montauk Yacht Club = very elite
Its high income like The Hamptons

Did anyone notice all the Orbs in the inside shots? Wierd

Pie

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson

Oh and Willy, I forgot to ask earlier - about the symbol in the first photo that you posted; approximately how large would you say that was and have you any idea if it is an established symbol that has meaning?

I have heard all types of explanations for the symbol. From a bored fisherman to Montauk childeren writing "Stay Away" in some strange language. I tend to agree that it is probably the work of a bored fisherman, but I still dont know what its meaning could be.

It was about 16 to 20 inches across as well, not quite sure what that is in centimenters. Maybe half a meter?

ThePieman is correct, Montauk is an exclusive area, very rich.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here is a sat image of the GATR.

maps.google.com...,+ny&ll=41.067259,-71.905679&spn=0.003858,0.007522&t=k&hl=en

From this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Credit goes to ben94gt.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Most of those orbs look legit to me... a couple look like the standard dust reflections eg. solid white circle.

Who knows how many people died in that place and how they died?

In regards the fish: it is a famous symbol of Christians? related, I don't know so I'm just throwing it out for consideration.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join