It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Psych majors (currently or previously)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Tempted to switch over from Poli Sci to Psych. Haven't taken a psych class but Poli Sci is NOT doing it for me. Just curious on your thoughts. I'll definitely take a class or two and read up on it before making a switch, but I'm curious on the opinions of some more objective people.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Political Science is an interesting field. I remember taking several courses in this area. My own degree, however, is in Psychology.

I found Psychology to be a fascinating field of study. It helped me answer a lot of questions about human behavior but, frankly, it raised many more questions than ever.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well an episode last night where my friend basically spilled her guts to me - hopes, dreams, aspirations, fears, etc got me thinking...people tend to open up to me. Its been that way for awhile. I don't know if its just something about me or if I'm pushy but they do. And I'm always interested. I like hearing what they say and I like analyzing it and trying to help. Its fascinating how people work and both helping people and finding ways manipulating peoples minds and get inside their head (nothing major, usually just for a laugh - I'm a college kid) is something that is seriously interesting to me. I'd love to know what makes people tick.

The only worry I have is what kind of jobs out there are there for psych majors? My current career paths are either Police, FBI, or Law, so what do psych degrees open up in those? Detective? Criminal profiler? Hostage negotiator?

What other things unrelated to those fields?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Anyone? Only one psych major in the house?

Whats your current career, benevolent?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
this is the last bump. sorry for bumping. really curious.

new topics

top topics

join