It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requiem For A Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i saw "requiem for a dream" for the first time the other night and it blew me away. what a film. i found it very powerful because of its graphic nature but also because i realy empathised with the charectors, its like your there with them or something. its very well filmed and the music that runs through it is amazeing.

if you havent seen it go rent the DVD

if you have seen it then please share your comments with me

i get the impression that its a film that ppl either love or hate.

comments please

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hi,

Just wanted to agree with you that this was really well done movie. It's based on a book which I have heard is much better (although some purists will never admit that movies are better than the book they're based on, but they're elitist snobs . I don't know if you've dabbled in the hardcore drug scene but while a lot of it is "hollywised," there are some disturbing things happening to people out there. Also I really liked how you could feal sympathy for the characters even though they were purely self destructive. Thanks, and I hope this adds to any discussion. (sorry if it doesn't)

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've watched that movie too. Very nice cinematography. Very disturbing, too. The whole family got hooked, even the mom, in her own way.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Requiem for a Dream is an excellent film.

I can stop thinking about the old lady cranked up to her eyeballs ..

"I'm gonna be on Television!!!"

Still makes me laugh now thinking about it.

(It could happen to any of our naive friends or relatives and may be too close to home for some. I think that is why it is so disturbing.)

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This film is a bloody beatiful film. Darren Aronofsky (SP?) is a remarkable Director. One of my favourite things with this film is the absolutley mind shattering soundtrack that accompanies this whole film.

If those of you who saw this film loved it, then check out the film that funded this project for Aronofsky, a film called "Pi". Whatcing it you can really see where he honned his craft. The sound designer is the same on both films also.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This movie is so relate-able, it's scary...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
best drug movie ever...
ellen burstyn was amazing in it...

not usually a fan of leto but he was great too.

all around fantastic film...
if you have never seen it, it hits hard

new topics

top topics

join