It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld said it was a missile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

External Source

They [find a lot] and any number of terrorist efforts have been dissuaded, deterred or stopped by good intelligence gathering and good preventive work. It is a truth that a terrorist can attack any time, any place, using any technique and it's physically impossible to defend at every time and every place against every conceivable technique. Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center. The only way to deal with this problem is by taking the battle to the terrorists, wherever they are, and dealing with them.

This is from a news transcript dated October 12, 2001. So if a month after the attack on the pentagon he still thinks it's a missile, why do they still say it was an airplane?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/3/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Guess i'm the only one who didn't already know this. Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld made a claim in an interview with Parade Magazine a month after 9/11 that it was a missile that hit the pentagon.

Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center
italics mine for emphasis

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks as though he believed that it was a missile that impacted the pentagon and not a 757. Or maybe he thinks it was both. Is there a disclaimer to this statement that I haven't found. Sounds like a good case for those who say it wasn't a 757 that hit the pentagon.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/3/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The argument is that Rumsfeld said missile to mean that they (terrists) used a jet plane as a missile. It's just like the Silverstein quote of "pull it". We'll never know exactly what they ment because:

1. We are not them.

2. Even if they believed what they said at the time, they can always change what the meaning was.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Who would know better than the REAL PRESIDENT?? Good post man, keep them coming, the truth is coming out and some big rich people are going to fall as well as a country and it ain't the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So basically they are using the "I know what you think I said, but what I meant is" argument. Nice cover, or cover up. How can any thinking person not come to the conclusion that this was all orchestrated?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
So basically they are using the "I know what you think I said, but what I meant is" argument. Nice cover, or cover up. How can any thinking person not come to the conclusion that this was all orchestrated?

Good question that I think I can answer, they are in on the deal. They are being rewarded for being part of the system or they expect future rewards or worse still they are part of the manipulators/controllers themselves. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Sure it was orchestrated. Check the other threads....terrorists were planning this since the mid '90s.
An event like 9/11 is something that's planned many YEARS ahead of time not a couple months (there's evidence that suggest some time in April was the original target date for 9/11).

As far as the missile theory. Well there is 0 evidence to support such a theory.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The only terrorists on 9-11rere the US people who planned and executed this attack, and those high up who let it happen.

After watching, listening and reading the years woth of documentation about that day, and this above post, you cannot believe for one minute this was a terror attack done by Muslims.

All of the evidence points to a 2001 operation Nothwoods part ll.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Too bad the evidence doesn't support a 757 either.

And yep...those false-flag terrorists were planning this for years.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
757 my a@@@! The five frame special they did to show the pentagon attack was laughable, but very very insulting to say the least. If it had of been a 757 they only had to produce one frame with the 757 in and then we would of all shut up. Instead, the FBI took the tape, and buried it under top secret clearance levels only - Why? whats so secret about a 757?? utter b@@@@@@@ if you ask me.

False Flag? oh you bet it was. Now look at what its got them - nearly all of their goals acheived, now just wait for part lll of the operation - my bets on an Islamic sniper / bomber taking out Bush. Then let the carnage commence.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Tripper

And yep...those false-flag terrorists were planning this for years.

White Flag Operation ran by ultra secret service of a small country that is very famous for its military secret ops. The group's name is not well known even to people on this site.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The only terrorists on 9-11rere the US people who planned and executed this attack, and those high up who let it happen.

After watching, listening and reading the years woth of documentation about that day, and this above post, you cannot believe for one minute this was a terror attack done by Muslims.

All of the evidence points to a 2001 operation Nothwoods part ll.

All what evidence?

I posted this in the 'non scientific' thread:

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Al Q -
August 11, 1988: Bin Laden Forms al-Qaeda

Bin Laden conducts a meeting to discuss “the establishment of a new military group,” according to notes that are found later. Over time, this group becomes known as al-Qaeda, roughly meaning “the base” or “the foundation.” [Associated Press, 2/19/03 (B)] It will take US intelligence years even to realize a group named al-Qaeda exists.

1990 - first attack on US

Files found in Nosair's possession give details of an Islamic militant cell, mention al-Qaeda, and discuss the destruction of tall US buildings. Incredibly, this vital information is not translated until years later.

1st WTC attack - building doesn't collapse as hoped

Several of the bombers were trained by the CIA to fight in the Afghan war, and the CIA later concludes, in internal documents, that it was “partly culpable” for this bombing. [Independent, 11/1/98] US officials later state that the overall mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, is a close relative, probably an uncle, of Yousef. [Independent, 6/6/02; Los Angeles Times, 9/1/02] One of the attackers even leaves a message which will later be found by investigators, stating, “Next time, it will be very precise.”

September 11, 1994
September 11th...hmm....sounds familiar....

A suicidal and apparently apolitical pilot named Frank Corder steals a single-engine plane from an airport north of Baltimore, Maryland, and attempts to crash it into the White House.

Now we all know the White House has missiles protecting it. You know why they didn't shoot this plane down?

1995 - Plot to bomb a dozen airplanes foiled

1995 - details of "second wave" emerge (first clue 9/11 was being planned - 6 years before they actually happened)
Yet people continue to insist Bush had everything to do with it.

1996 - FBI screws up. Al-Qaeda pilots begin training

Years of warnings and miscues from our intel agencies
More...

Saying the government and not terrorists were responsible for 9/11 is just unsubstantiated fantasies....
Well, the gov screwed up big time in not attacking these terrorists more aggressively and seemingly ignoring warning after warning. So with that they are partially responsible. But all this crap about terrorists and al-Qaeda not exsisting.....man, I wish I lived in your world.

You know why we knew it was al-Qaeda so fast? Because we knew they were planning something like this. As did many other governments around the world. You're telling me other countries around the world were also in on the plot to magically place explosives at the exact spots where the planes, which were really some sort of holographic illusions, went in?

"Well why didn't we do anything!? Doesn't that prove the government was involved?"
lol, not really....

Summer of 2001

Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage later claims that at this time, CIA Director “Tenet [is] around town literally pounding on desks saying, something is happening, this is an unprecedented level of threat information. He didn't know where it was going to happen, but he knew that it was coming.”

1. The where. We had a pretty good idea that it would be NY and Washington. But the west coast had to be on alert (a plan there was just foiled a year ago in 2000), Chicago could have been a target, as well as anywhere overseas (there was an overseas alert out).

2. The when. This is the biggest issue. The attacks were thought to have been postponed twice before. Once in April and again in May. With all the chatter in August they knew something was going to happen soon, there no credible evidence however they knew it was going to happen on exactly 9/11.

3. The who. This is probably what the intel agencies screwed up the most. Of course this wasn't all their fault. Before 9/11, well, let's just say it wasn't the same as it was after 9/11 when money, resources, and manpower really started to flow in.

Anyway, continuing on...

August 2001 - Saddam puts military on highest alert.

Why?

Sept. 10, 2001 - Flags raised because of unusual trading
Bin Laden himself? Someone from another country who had knowledge of the attacks? It's unclear, who did it.

Millions of dollars go unclaimed after 9/11
lol, if it was someone who had foreknowledge of the attack they know if they do try and claim that money, they'll be arrested immediately.

From the 9/11 Commission:

According to the Final Report, the put options of the parent companies of United Airlines were placed by a “US-based institutional investor with no conceivable ties to al-Qaeda” “as part of a trading strategy that also included buying 115,000 shares of American on September 10.” With respect to the highly suspicious trading on the parent company of American Airlines, the Commission stated that much of the trades were “traced to a specific US-based options trading newsletter, faxed to its subscribers on Sunday, September 9, which recommended these trades.” According to the Commission, “The SEC and the FBI, aided by other agencies and the securities industry, devoted enormous resources to investigating this issue, including securing the cooperation of many foreign governments. These investigators have found that the apparently suspicious consistently proved innocuous.”

Generals warned not to fly
Not much evidence to back it up, but being as the alert level was very high it's not completely surprising

on 9/11
NORAD's exercises

one of NORAD's four major ANNUAL exercises

It's a week long, and 9/11 was NOT the first day of the exercises.

“We had the fighters with a little more gas on board. A few more weapons on board.” [ABC News, 9/11/02] However, Deskins and other NORAD officials later are initially confused about whether the 9/11 attacks are real or part of the exercise.

*doh*

To add to the confusion, there were
Numerous False Reports of Hijackings as the attacks were taking place and afterward

Everything else that happened on 9/11

All those talking about how the non scientific stuff was unusual. Well, unusual compared to what? To the last time something like that happen?

This has plenty of links and background info
9/11 planning, warnings, etc.
I have yet to see any credible info refute any of that.

Is this what you want or actually know?

4 planes were hijacked that day. 3 crashed, what happened to the other one?
What would be the purpose of hijacking the plane if you were going to use a missile?

[edit on 21-3-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

top topics

join