It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Do aliens have eye-lids?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey Shadow, that's all right. I know we're just talking. Maybe you are right, they are in a space suit of some type. There would be no need to blink if they are wearing a helmet.

Our witnesses are so scared, they really haven't given very much specific detail about ET.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
if you want me to, ill write up a big piece on my experiences. Then I'll email it to you if you'd like to send me your addy through u2u. All i'd ask is that my names changed or ill just write under my screen name here. The reason I ask is that both myself and my fiancee work in areas that have yearly psych checks, and if our names get out our jobs are screwed.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mad Greebo, the devil is in the DETAILS. Give us details about ET. Can you hear it breathing? Does it have an odor? What does the skin feel like, any moistness? Does it wear shoes or protective covering on its feet?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
MadGreebo,
This is anonymous. Let it rip!!!

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok here Ill let it out.

The grey was about 5 feet tall, blue grey skin, which looks extremely tight to the body, no loose skin like a human. The arms are extremely long, as are the fingers. The eyes are a bright blue and more rhomboid than tear drop shape, and yes it does make noises. The breathing is actually a swooshing noise... not in out but more like a constant circulation !

smell? like off milk thats been left in the sun, almost sickly sweet... hard to explain really. What got me was it seemed deadly scared of us all pileing out of the door to see what the f### was in our garden shining 3 million candles in its face. When the eye lids shut it seemed to get almost aggressive, staring at us for maybe a second, and then legging it to leap the fence (9 feet high) The toes are one large (Very) and one alot smaller like an ostrich almost.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The dogs all down the road went mental, and ours wouldnt go back in it just stayed in the garden growling away like mad!

About six months later, myself and my fiancee were in an area of oxford called shotover, and we were watching deers early one morning. About 2 hours in we observed the same type of creature in a gulley. It was with a smaller grey type, about 3 foot high and its eyes were again blue, but it wore a hooded cloak like garment with darker grey skin and its limbs were more in proportion. They were moving around and we suddenly realised why the deers had all gone to ground- we observed them for about 20 mins as they went in and out of sight, until my fiancee coughed real quiet, and a commotion caused us to look left to see shapes moving at high speed through the tree line. at a rough estimate there were about 6 / 7 of these creatures. We have kept real quiet about this due to fear of ridicule obviously, but its nothing compared to Oct 2005 sighting in Lancashire.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever

The bizarre question thing?...you just wait.

Insects don't have eyelids.

Ha! I didn't realize that. Live and learn.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
2005 we were visting friends back in lancashire, and were driving through a village called poulton. Its a small rural area so its very quiet.

We were on the main road at about 2 am, when we (4 adults) saw a group of kids playing on the side of the road. They saw us about 200 yards out as we rounded a bend, and we nearly hit one of the kids. The driver hit the brakes and got out to have a rant at them, and walked to the edge of a field where they fled into.

We heard it first, and then saw this group of greys, all small and hooded wading into a pond - They submerged into the water and vanished. We waited about 15 mins and nothing happened at all! We all wondered WTF! so we jumped the hedge and went to the pond edge. It was about 3 feet deep and crystal clear! We all thought that we had seen some thing really freaky, and decided it was time to leave.

heres what scared me and always will. At the edge of the road was one shoe, a jumper and a pair of socks. as for the owner? i have no idea at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey, isn't the eye one of those organs that is so complex it couldn't have evolved piecemeal, because an incomplete eye wouldn't work enough to be selected as a positive trait?

Where are those creationists?

As for eyelids, the aliens would also need enough room in their heads to pull them back away from their eyes so they could see. Which is indicative of something. But right now it escapes me.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It is just as likely ET may not have eys or any human features at all. We evolved based on a series of genetic flukes. for those who disagree with the widely established theory of evolution just look around at animals and you will notice most mammals have a lot of the same features as we do some have fingers and toes like us or "eye lids".

As for encounters with ET only very few cases i have ever seen may be legit but still no way to tell.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
for those who disagree with the widely established theory of evolution just look around at animals and you will notice most mammals have a lot of the same features as we do some have fingers and toes like us or "eye lids".

While that is quite valid, many creationists will say we all have similar traits because we came from the same maker.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe we were created. I understood it one day when I considered the giraffe. I'm beginning to believe that life for humans is like a sit-com and ET is watching us and pulling for certain characters. The joke is on us and perpetrated by us.

Any comments?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Hey, isn't the eye one of those organs that is so complex it couldn't have evolved piecemeal, because an incomplete eye wouldn't work enough to be selected as a positive trait?

Where are those creationists?

I dont know even the most basic eyes are still useful ones that dont sense much more the if its light or dark out. Thats were people think the eye evolved from these crude light-sensitive pits made up of just light-sensitive cells some 543 million years ago. That became the compound eye

www.ypsidixit.com...

The hard one I think is still wings because what use is a tiny flap of a wing? A tiny nub of a wing would seem to have no advantage since it couldnt be used as flight or even gliding yet time and time again different animals developed flight

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think the whole big black eyes was never really thought out before the idea got out of control in the press. So the idea of insectoid eyes sticks. The famous alien autopsy hoax tried to offer the black eyes as being a membrane over human type eyes which was a unique take. There are no rules for creating alien species.

Creatively, none of my creations have lids but I'm adding a membrane as post render effect. Very subtle wetting of the eyes surface. - so yes some sort of lid. Of course the hybrids will eventually have unusualy large human eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Creationists are well to put it frankly just another group of religeos wack jobs like christians,muslims,jews etc. who provide absolutly no evidence and rely on the "Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence" theology which is not and will never be backed by any respectable person in the science community. (just my opinion)

Evolution makes sense and at least scientists provide data.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Modern science doesn't explain everything. The part that it doesn't explain is what we're talking about. I really don't recall any eye witness to an alien discussing whether the creature had eyelids and blinked, so therefore I asked the question. I would think an eye-witness to such a creature would remember whether the it blinked.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Highhorse the one i saw at about ten feet distance sure had some sort of eye covering, as I said, when the light hit it full on those black covers slid over - When it did so, the creatures attitudes change enormously.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
menguard, Was ET wearing a type of "space suit" with helmet?

Why did it's attitude change when the lids closed?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The creature was shocked and looked really scared as it got the full 3 mill candles in its face - then these 'eye lids' slid across and it stood and stared at me full on, then bolted over the fence. The fence is nine feet high and it cleared it easily.

The eye lids closing made it kind of go from shocked and scared to almost a feeling of combativeness from it. It didn't look like a helmet, it just looked like its skin - a bit like a dolphins skin - shiny like.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
from my expierience I saw one very tall, frail, grey with big black eyes, and two shorter, stockier, light skinned ones, with big green human eyes.

I didn't stick around the grey one too long to get details, I was f****** scared
but the others came at me from the front while I had my back to the wall. they had large green eyes like a human, and I can note that they did blink and squint. I recall that feature cause they were scowling at me, looking very mad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join