It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
remember in the original film (not the tv series), when they exit the stargate for the first time, they end up on the planet that would later be called "Abydos"? daniel exits the pyramid that housed the gate, and turns and looks back at where he came from, to see the pyramid and associated temple, (the temple is partially buried in sand). i just realized that the film is saying the same thing: that at one point, abydos had a pyramid, associated with the underground abzu temple that would later be called "the osirieon" in reality. i'm trying to find a youtube clip of the scene. it's a doozy.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812I wonder where it would pop you out at and if a gate at the other end would have to be constructed to land in a particular location? Afterall, it would kinda suck to be dropped off on the surface of the sun.

Good question. I wonder where those people that disappeared in the Bermuda triangle ended up.
All these people trying to open these natural portals... they would have no idea what is on the other side, where they might end up, or what might come through to our side.

As to what that Jupiter gate might look like...

Two frames of a UFO taken in 2002 Nürnberg, Bavaria. By the third frame it was gone

The second image enhanced

Don't know what it is, but it sure looks like a UFO just opened a jump portal

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wouldn't you know, they have the video of the scenes preceding it, and after the scene, but the scene itself, has been removed from youtube due to copyright violations. the rest of the movie is there lol

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
well i'll just explain it then. le mew, le sigh.
okay, daniel jackson and the very first stargate team, exit the temple/pyramid complex at abydos, to find they are in a desert. daniel turns around and sees the outside of the pyramid and temple in front of him for the first time and says "i knew it!"
now if the screenplay from which the movie is derived, was written by egyptologists who put their theories in it, clearly they thought something was up with abydos and wrote the abydos scene into the screenplay because THAT would be the "theory" part of it, i'm guessing. why else would abydos be in it at all? it's not that well known vs. dendera, helipolis and other newer dynastic structures and the scene is supposed to be taking place on a planet on the other side of the known universe, somewhere in the "caelum" galaxy. there are 3 galaxies in caelum. you can see them here
www.wingmakers.co.nz...

he also has a book he tosses in his suitcase before the trip to abydos, which depicts the lady statue with her arms in the eye of ra pose, that i've come to call, Eye of Ra Arms or just Ra Arms. it's the history of predynastic statuary found in... you guessed it, abydos. things that make you go hmm hmm hmm.
edit on 11-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
"It's not Door to Heaven. It's stargate."

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Oh yes, the nano's. They have been getting a lot of play recently, for good reason I would say. Self replicating and structure producing nano's would be invaluable in this type of application. Another option that might be explored and one that could possibly solve this problem without much effort on our part - after the fact - is the possibility of a technological singularity.

If the singularity becomes fact then there is no telling what it could produce when coupled with nano tech or tech we can't even imagine because we can't think past the singularity.

It is quite possible that this singularity could solve the problem of stargates/wormholes while at the same time devising a method to build a device for practical applications.

At this point though, we may be agumenting our physical bodies with post-singularity prostheses and could possibly even do the more complex building that would have previously required nano tech without assistance from a person.

These levels of technology - stargates, nano tech, and and technological singularity are so advanced that it is hard to tell what will be figured out first.

Probably super complex nano tech, since we are already producing nano tech. These may be my 3 favorite subjects when thinking about new frontiers that will be conquered - hopefully in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Another crazy incident happened today. I haven't commented in your Stargates thread in a while, several months anyway. I posted and got to thinking about stargates and decided to watch the tele. While flipping through channels I saw that Stargate - the movie was on. I haven't seen it on tv in quite some time and found it odd that after thinking of it I saw it on the tube. It could just be the coincidence of having it fresh in the mind. Kinda like not seeing a car all over the city until you buy one and then you notice them everywhere.

Watching StarGate the movie tonight was very interesting. I remember the movie and understood it the first time I watched it. After learning so much more about Egyptology and the symbolism that was used during those ancient times, it was fascinating to see how much of the story was based off of real life intelligence.

Just thought it strange, because that seems to happen a lot.

At any rate, I do remember the scene you are talking about.
edit on 11-12-2010 by esteay812 because: I wanted to fix it because I only have another 117 minutes to do so and was worried about the time, =-)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have seen similar images to the ones you provided above. I am not sure they are the same, as I can't tell the direction travelled byt the object, as the other images. I am sure you know which ones I am referring to... the ones where the picture is said to show a missile creating the ring in the air and moving through it and away from it. Interesting pictures for sure. I never thought a missile would produce that type of event in the atmosphere, just doen't seem right to me, but I am by far not any type of expert on missile or their side-effects.......

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
now if the screenplay from which the movie is derived, was written by egyptologists who put their theories in it...

If memory serves, I heard a rumor that the writer in question allegedly borrowed the story from an egyptoloist in college. I'm not naming him because I don't trust ATS enough to not give me up in a slander (or is it libel?) suit. Of course I could've dreamed that, sometimes I get my dreams confused with reality, and it's been 10 years since I think I might have dreamed this, so I'm probably totally mistaken (I'm covering my ass hard here).

clearly they thought something was up with abydos and wrote the abydos scene into the screenplay because THAT would be the "theory" part of it, i'm guessing. why else would abydos be in it at all?

You're giving that too much though. "Abydos" was a name given to the planet later, in the series, and it has no connection to the brilliant movie. The word "Abydos" is nowhere in the script, or even the director's cut, and I can almost guarantee that it was not in the screenplay. Just sayin'

Edit to add...

OH SNAP, IMDB is your friend

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued for stealing the storyline from a student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). Zuhdi even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 12/11/2010 by Sunsetspawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
If memory serves, I heard a rumor that the writer in question allegedly borrowed the story from an egyptoloist in college. I'm not naming him because I don't trust ATS enough to not give me up in a slander (or is it libel?) suit.

Well some time ago Undo mentioned that and I found the link on Wikipedia covering that... funny thing a few days after we brought it up in this thread the item was deleted from Wikipedia
Fortunately they keep copies of past edits so I was able to track it down

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued for stealing the storyline from a student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). Zuhdi even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

www.imdb.com...

Now we tried contacting that University, but were told that since the matter was settled out of court, they were not at liberty to discuss it...

Sounds almost as bad as government cover up
including editing source material. The fact that three government agencies are involved in the series is also noteworthy. Department of the Air Force, U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Space Command. Richard D Anderson was also made an honorary Brigadier General at a ceremony at the Pentagon

I don't believe in coincidences

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

oh yes it does. he even tosses a book into his suitcase for the trip, that has a statue from abydos on the cover, and it's called something like "statuary in predynastic egypt" or something like that. alot of statuary in predynastic egypt comes from abydos and naqada.

and yeah, a couple egyptologists wrote the screen play, submitted it, devlin turned it down and then like 10 years later, changed his mind but rewrote the screen play himself, changed a few names, and didn't give the egyptologists credit. they took it to court and settled out of court. i'm hoping the settlement was something along the lines of creative input into the tv series. that'd be a nice recompense considering how long the series has lasted. quite a franchise.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You edited while I was typing

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
great minds think alike!

look at all that redundancy!

p.s. the original quote on the subject if i recall, gave me the understanding that the professor from john hopkins had put HIS theories in it, and the second egyptologist, wrote it into a screen play.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
here it is: it's at 9:47 into the clip and is called "EGYPT BEFORE THE PHARAOHS"

linky cause embedding is turned off:
www.youtube.com...

i've been studying that arm positioning for awhile now. it's mentioned in this and other related threads i've posted on, as well as in a video i made. it's my theory that it's a reference to the eye of ra, which was a gate, not the sun. and the figures are just identifying themselves as being from the Eye of Ra, et.al, from the star gate.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I saw a stargate. Me and three of my friends. It was nuts... scared us, well, it scared 3 of us. It merely excited the crazy one.
edit on 11-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
as evidence i offer some of the examples i've found so far:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ae513739ce449861.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a1fb4e4b05a34e02.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6e77301ac273a7c4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e59b1d99ef2714f2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
You edited while I was typing

Yeah I did. I hate when a bit of information is knocking around in my head, so after I posted I did a little googling.

I also put in a lot of effort to find Adydos mentioned in the movie a long time ago. I watched the director's cut with commentary and got nothing. I'm a movie guy (see pic with favorite director/writer). I never thought that the clue would be visual. I also don't know enough about ancient Egypt to spot something like that. I was always mad at the audacity of Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper in just calling the planet Abydos with no real mention of why.

Has anyone ever seen Joe Rogan's stand up. He does a bit about the pyramids that anyone reading this thread would probably enjoy. There might be some salty language in here...
Joe Rogan on the Pyramids

It's actually not as funny as most of his material, which is usually what happens when a comedian is trying to make a point rather than just be funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

well, if you've read the rest of the data in the thread (and managed to retain it lol lol) i basically suggested that Abzu (which is Abydos) is the name of any star gate site, until the events in enuma elish, suggest abzu is cut off and kingu is connected instead. this leads me to believe there are several names in addition to the ones i've outlined in the thread, for the star gates. But the most promiment from the time of ancient sumer and egypt, is Abzu (which is Abydos mwahaha.....in greek).

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
just a passing thought:

if my theory on the osirieon at abydos having a pyramid at one point is correct, and my second theory that the pyramid was deconstructed and the stones used to create the obelisks that were placed along the nile to commemorate sites isis found pieces of osiris' body at, is also true, i wonder if that was dealt with at all in the original screen play for the film, before devlin rewrote it, or if it was not added to the story because it didn't do anything to support the star gate theme.

i did notice that they showed the two pillars, several times. which i originally thought was an attribution to early masonry but now i'm thinking it might be more related to enoch's description of a super massive black hole. the descending and ascending pillars of an active galaxy quasar. bit of a long shot, but it kinda fits the theme of all this, including the fact, they are the first things the camera shows you in the film as the team exits the pyramid temple which contains the star gate on abydos, for the first time. may just be a coincedence, but they have a convenient placement at the exit of the gate/wormhole building.

i'm telling ya, the more i consider this stuff, the more i think islamic hajj is symbolic for the same thing

edit on 12-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I took a couple of the drawings and put some questions in them I have after seeing this topic talked about over the pst few years on here and other places. I was hoping you could have a look and give me your input. I am curious if any of these idea I have aren't too far off base.

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join