It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis tell OSCARS to disinvite a nominee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I thought that this was so strange that they would ask something like this. It seems to me that Israel works harder than any other country to eliminate people from painting them in a bad light. The curious part is that they get away with it almost unattested. Can someone explain this to me? AAC

oscars.movies.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I feel for the familys who lost children to suicide bombings, but its free speech where are talking about here. After all no one had a proplem with Spielberg's latest dribble "Munich" did you hear from *Ahmed Bouchiki family ?.

*On July 21, 1973, in the so-called Lillehammer affair, a team of Mossad agents killed Ahmed Bouchiki, a Moroccan man unrelated to the Munich attack, in Lillehammer, Norway, after an informant mistakenly said Bouchiki was Ali Hassan Salameh, the head of Force 17 and a Black September operative

[edit on 1-3-2006 by helium3]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Anyone ever see the movie Raid on Entebbe? Israelis at their finest.
IMO, this is a slam to the Jewish people.
Who CARES what a suicider maniac thinks or feels?
There has been negative feedback from some on Munich, but since it is Speilberg, it has been quashed.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really hope that this film is'nt dropped just because of these Israeli's.

My opinion, they need to keep there mouths shut when it comes to our culture, I respect there culture is what they want in there country, and they need to d*m well respect that this country has it's own culture.

I really dislike Israel.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If you read the article it is citizens of Isreal that created a petiton that they sent to the Oscars, not the Israeli government. As such I just see it as them using their rights of free speach. I don't agree with their cause, but they have every right to their petition.

Vas

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I see where they are coming from in their complaint about this, but I dont think you can do anything about it. I personally would like to see this film, as the premise has peaked my interest. A while back I saw a documentary on the National Geographic channel about the Psychology of a Suicide Bomber. The problem is there isnt a psychological profile for one, they come from all walks of life and economic backgrounds. The only thing they have in common is they are religious fanatics, which always isnt clear from looking at the outside and observing behavior. Anyhow, I would like to see how the main character rationalizes his decision to blow himself up, interesting to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If you read the article it is citizens of Isreal that created a petiton that they sent to the Oscars, not the Israeli government.

If your refering to me, I did'nt say it was there government, in fact I did'nt even use the word government.

new topics

top topics

join