It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind control? NLP? Hypnosis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What is NLP? Is it a form of mind control? Is it connected to hypnosis? I do like to be hypnotized. Does this mean that i am weak?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You're talking about 3 different things here.

Mind control is taking hold over someones mind against their will. By doing so you automatically have acces to the behaviour, movement, thought, memory parts of the individual. Depending on what the "controllers" demeanor you could end up with no harm or he/she could've found out a lot about you and made you do things you didn't want to.

Hypnosis is done willingly 9 out of 10 times. It can be used to put an individual into a trance to acces closed of parts. Like psychologists use it sometimes to take a patient into regression. This is done to find out blocked memories from their childhood in order to find the trauma/problem that caused their current situation. Regression can also go back into past lives to find the root of the problems there. Hypnosis is also used on stage of course to make people do silly/harmless stuff for entertainment. In both cases the individual/patient undergoes Hypnoses willingly.

NLP means Neuro Linguastic Programming. Try a Google.com search to find more about it and make it your friend for future queries. NLP is used by an individual to willingly train their brain and senses (intuition). The theory is that people are able to detect millions of information a second by using their senses. You gain images with your eyes, stimulation on your skin, sounds with your ears etc etc. However people are unaware of most that actually happens, yet their subconcious detects it all and filters through what your brain is consiously asking for. With NLP you can learn to detect more by learning to act on intuition.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
With NLP you can learn to detect more by learning to act on intuition.

On the flip-side of it, with NLP you can also sort of send a message to a person's sub-conscious without them knowing. It means you can also "trance" someone into feeling what you want them to feel.

Do a Google on Richard Bandler and John Grinder to learn how it's done.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'd pretty much agree with Enyalius, with a few proviso's. On the subject of hypnotism, I would say that if you asked a group of people to put their hand in a jar of spiders, and then hypnotised another group to do the same, you would get roughly the same results. It all comes down to choice.

Neuro linguistic programming, at least to my understanding, originally started as a therapeutic technique devloped from the work of Milton_Erickson, as well as Gregory Bateson and Virginia Satir. There's a book called "The Structure of Magic", which outlines the theraputic use of what they term the "meta model". In this book they describe how to determine the deeper structure of what someone is saying through challenging the deletions, distortions and generalisations we all make in everyday language. By expanding the parameter's of an individuals view or model of themselves, this gives them more options to deal with the specific events or situations which cause the individual "pain".

There's a lot of stuff on the net about NLP, a lot of it seems like snake oil. I think that some "practitioners" of "NLP, instead of expanding people's choice's and option's, tend to try and funnel people through multi level marketing schemes and the like. If you want to look into nlp more, I'd reccomend researching the people above. The book 'Uncommon Therapy', by Jay Haley is good start in regards to Milton Erickson. Apparently people with a more active imagination are easier to hypnotise, so make of that what you will.

new topics

top topics

join