It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palme Case Solved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Stig Bergling.

How in Gods good name did Sweden ever think he would of changed his spots? he worked for the GRU, was a trained man, had the means and the motive and was given ten hours 'running man' time.

Now he is back again and up to his old tricks. Did Sweden learn nothing? back into the communist fold after many years hiding behind the iron curtain.

Great thread hellmutt, and not getting the attention it deserves.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I Googled "Stig Bergling" and "Olof Palme" and found this link. Seems like there's also a conspiracy theory about a plot to frame Stig Bergling for the murder, but that the operation to frame him failed.

Stig Bergling's Secret Life - Page 1

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006

During late February 1986, Bergling was released on compassionate leave from prison to get married, and the CIA, with help from Säpo, was in the process of setting him up as the Soviet assassin of statsminister Olof Palme when he attended the cinema on the night of the 28th. The Agency's Rod Carlsson was attempting to persuade him to flee while station chief Jennone Walker got Säpo to bug the phones of the Soviet Embassy and its KGB residency in the hope that Bergling would make calls to make the necessary arrangements.

[---]

Fortunately for us, the Soviets had been tipped off about the plot by other spies, particularly the CIA's Aldrich 'Rick' Ames and the Bureau's Robert Hanssen, and the Soviets were nowhere near the Embassy, especially its KGB residency, if Bergling decided to call. If he ever had any plans for leaving, he certainly dropped them when no one at the Embassy answered the phone.

...But I don't believe that. I believe they picked Christer Pettersson for the lineup, because he looked like Stig Bergling.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If Stig Bergling pulled the trigger, high forces within the Swedish police + secret services must have been involved to allow it to happen. But from what we know today about the Palme case investigation, it's not unlikely at all. And if they were involved and/or behind it, Bergling would've been the perfect assassin imo.

Stig Bergling

Christer Pettersson

Another interesting character is Viktor Gunnarsson, who was also a suspect. He later moved to North Carolina in the US, where he was found murdered in January 1994. Take a look i.e. here :

On the day of the murder, a friend of Gunnarsson's was surprised to see that he had shaved off his moustache.

On the night of the assassination, Gunnarsson did everything he could to make it look as if he were the assassin.

[---]

The police were so eager to indict him that it showed a key witness a photograph of Gunnarsson before a police lineup including him

[---]

While Gunnarsson did not shoot Palme, he might well have known who did

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Well, well!
It seems as You might hit a weak spot regarding foreign affairs here!

As far as I have figured out,
Olof Palme had a finger in a dark and moisty place, namely weapons-trafficking!
That is, messing with others weapons-trafficking!

What I have figured out, by connecting dots on the web:

Olof Palme stopped a shipment of Israeli arms to Iran through Sweden on November 17, 1985, which led to murmurring in the corridors of London and Washington. 'They' then pushed some buttons in Israel, to have them take care of Palme. Reason to why Israel accepted this mission, would be because of Jonathan Pollard Wiki-link to Pollard.
Pollard had been active in pursuing intelligence on behalf of the soviets, giving them America's Radio Signal Notations, the 10-volume manual of its global electronic surveillance network.
So in the cloak and daggerish ways of the covert businesses, London and Washington wanted Israel to find a scapegoat, when CIA's themselves supposedly failed in convincing Stig Bergling to flee to Soviet on the night of the shooting, since he would be coincidently on a compassionate leave from prison in order to get married.

-Or did they really fail?
Wouldn't it be a rather standard Modus Operandi of the CIA, to 'fail' AND at the same time put the blame on the ones that recently stepped on their toes?

If I were a covert organisation, I'd perhaps be thinking; Make them do it, wether they fail or succeed, a second operative would mop up the leftovers.

Were there two assassins? Did it end with two assassins fighting childishly each other, over who that actually had the 'honour'? -is this one reason why there are so many theories and stories around this killing??!

All I am 'sure' of, is that it started with Palme interrupting high level weapons trafficking, dragging CIA, MI6 and Mossad into the daylights, involving scapegoats, that were dregs, actually trying to get some 'fame', ending up in a very messy project with lots of loose ends.

The loose ends has become shorter indeed! -Imho.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Moar Bergling...

I'm currently reading the book "Olof Palme är skjuten" (Olof Palme has been shot) by Hans Holmér who was leading the investigation for the first 341 days after the murder. In chapter 20 (page 140) he writes about March 19 (1986) :

(in swedish) : "Spionen Stig Bergling har meddelat att han vill komma i kontakt med mordutredarna", which translates to: Stig Bergling, the spy, has announced that he wants to talk to the Olof Palme homicide investigators.

What??! And this sentence has been placed in between other stuff which is unrelated to Bergling. It's like the sentence has been hidden, sort of "Btw, Stig Berglingblahblahblah", and then goes on to talk about something else. Why on earth did Stig Bergling want to talk to the investigators of the murder of Olof Palme? Did he want to confess or something? Bergling escaped from prison on October 6, 1987.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48ef2294fbb6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I didn't expect to see the name Stig Bergling mentioned at all in that book. And to see that he requested to speak to the investigators 20 days after the murder was quite an eye opener, and strengthen my suspicions. He got married the day after the murder.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've finished the book, and Stig Bergling was not mentioned anymore in that book. Only the one sentence where it was mentioned that Mr. Bergling had requested to speak with the Palme investigators, 20 days after the murder. I don't know whether he got his request granted...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is interesting. Svartenbrandt has been convicted again. Svartenbrandt was mentioned in Hans Holmér's book as a possible candidate for being Olof Palme's killer...

Svartenbrandt convicted again

2009-07-11

One of the most infamous Swedish criminals through all times, Lars-Inge Svartenbrandt (who has changed his name to Lars Ferm) was yesterday sentenced to five years in prison for two armed robberies by the municipal court in Falun.

[---]

During the last forty-seven years he has spent more time in prison than outside.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flying Flyn

Discussing the degree of involvment of Pettersson in this killing is exactly like debating Oswalds part in the JFK hit. Even if they did the shootings, alone or with other killers, its ridiculous to believe that you have therefore in any way solved the case. How hard is it to hire someone to kill a political leader whose policies you disapprove of?
Similarily looking at PFF, Mossad, the PLO or even more ridiculously the "extreme right in Sweden" is a total waste of time. As if any of them would have been able to load a gun, find an adress and identify Palme, all in one evening. They can scarcely walk and chew gum at the same time.

In the VP office in Washington at the time of Palmes death sat the son of a leading nazi in WW2, the former director of CIA whose black op team there was highly implicated in the JFK assassination, the link specifically being a man called E. Howard Hunt. Hunt lost a libel lawsuit against a magazine that had accused him of killing JFK. Since he lost they therefore concluded that he in fact did kill JFK.
Furthermore Bush has later been exposed as a major drugrunner and armsdealer during his vice-presidency, all conducted out of the White House.

Considering the moral qualities of this man and his obscene family, as well as his experience and inclination towards political assassinations, and considering his desire at the time to funnel arms to Iran (formally an enemy of the US) through neutral arms contracting nations (such as Sweden), and Palmes indignant refusal of this disgusting proposition, the notion that Christer Pettersson is important in the solving of the Palme hit is totally absurd.

The investigation was with all possible clarity a coverup from the start, and Pettersson a scapegoat who was coerced into confessing.

For more information about Bush that might help you see why he should be the prime suspect in the murder of Palme, Webster Tarpley has written an unauthorized Bush-biography which is readable online here: www.tarpley.net...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by skulb]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skulb
reply to post by Flying Flyn

Discussing the degree of involvment of Pettersson in this killing is exactly like debating Oswalds part in the JFK hit. Even if they did the shootings, alone or with other killers, its ridiculous to believe that you have therefore in any way solved the case. How hard is it to hire someone to kill a political leader whose policies you disapprove of?
Similarily looking at PFF, Mossad, the PLO or even more ridiculously the "extreme right in Sweden" is a total waste of time. As if any of them would have been able to load a gun, find an adress and identify Palme, all in one evening. They can scarcely walk and chew gum at the same time.

In the VP office in Washington at the time of Palmes death sat the son of a leading nazi in WW2, the former director of CIA whose black op team there was highly implicated in the JFK assassination, the link specifically being a man called E. Howard Hunt. Hunt lost a libel lawsuit against a magazine that had accused him of killing JFK. Since he lost they therefore concluded that he in fact did kill JFK.
Furthermore Bush has later been exposed as a major drugrunner and armsdealer during his vice-presidency, all conducted out of the White House.

Considering the moral qualities of this man and his obscene family, as well as his experience and inclination towards political assassinations, and considering his desire at the time to funnel arms to Iran (formally an enemy of the US) through neutral arms contracting nations (such as Sweden), and Palmes indignant refusal of this disgusting proposition, the notion that Christer Pettersson is important in the solving of the Palme hit is totally absurd.

The investigation was with all possible clarity a coverup from the start, and Pettersson a scapegoat who was coerced into confessing.

For more information about Bush that might help you see why he should be the prime suspect in the murder of Palme, Webster Tarpley has written an unauthorized Bush-biography which is readable online here: www.tarpley.net...

Well, I agree that Bush senior is definitely someone, who is capable of murder. I am aware that he has been involved in drug trafficking and all kinds of illegal black opps. I'm sure Bush didn't like Prime Minister Palme's views on foreign policy one bit, but if you're implying he had a hand in the assassination of Palme, then i'd like to see some more evidence. Motive alone is not enough.

How do you know Pettersson was coerced into confessing? Before his death Oswald famously said that he is just a patsy -- did Pettersson ever talk about being hired or some other way persuaded to kill Palme?

I'll admit, I havent studied the case. I read some main stream media articles about the murder, when Pettersson died, but that's about it. I remember some some finnish journalist, who had met Pettersson five times, saying that he's 90something% sure Pettersson did it.

The one thing I dont get though is, if Pettersson did it and acted alone, what was his motive? If I remember correctly he was a big time supporter of Palme and his party. I dont see a reason why he would have wanted Palme dead. Pettersson was an alcoholic but did he ever do drugs?

By the way, I think the Mossad is capable of way more complicated missions than just walking and chewing gum at the same time

PS: This topic makes me think of the murder of that swedish minister lady. It was a really sad event. Was the killer affiliated with a extremist group or was he just some lone nut?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Flyn

PS: This topic makes me think of the murder of that swedish minister lady. It was a really sad event. Was the killer affiliated with a extremist group or was he just some lone nut?

That would be Anna Lindh. She was expected to become Sweden's Prime minister. She attended a Bilderberger meeting the same year she was murdered. I don't believe she was killed by a lone nut (a guy named Mijailo Mijailović - The word "jail" appears twice in his name), but I guess that's the official story. We may never get to know the real circumstances for the assasination. When she was murdered, the Swedes got a flashback and was reminded of the Palme assassination.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sweden to abolish expiry date for murder

Sweden might abolish the expiry date for murder. They apparently don't want to risk Palme's killer (if he's still alive) to confess after the expiry date and then go free.

Sweden to abolish expiry date for murder

Sweden's government has proposed abolishing the statute of limitations for crimes that can lead to life imprisonment. Under current laws, suspects for crimes that include murder, genocide and major acts of terrorism can not be prosecuted if 25 years have elapsed since the crime was committed.

[---]

With opposition justice experts also welcoming the proposal, the bill is expected to pass into law in mid-2010, a few months before the 25th anniversary of the still unsolved murder of Swedish prime minister Olof Palme.

[---]

Two years after the shooting, petty thief Christer Pettersson was arrested and convicted for Palme’s killing, but the case was later overturned on appeal.

"the still unsolved murder"...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Palme Case To Remain Open

Palme's killer can't go free if he is ever identified. Sweden's parliament has passed a bill, so the Palme case will no longer have an expiry date for prosecution.

Palme assassination case to remain open

3 Feb 10

With a time limit for murder indictments currently set at 25 years, the search for Palme's killer had been due to come to an end in 2011.

But on Wednesday Sweden's parliament passed a bill exempting certain crimes from the statute of limitations. these include murder, manslaughter, human rights violations, genocide and terrorism. The new legislation comes into effect on July 1st this year.

As the new law will apply retroactively, murders committed by adult perpetrators in the last quarter century and onwards no longer have an expiry date for prosecution.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Latest:

The murder of Olof Palme was apparently part of a "Tito conspiracy"...

Murde r of Swedish PM Olof Palme in 1986 'was part of Tito conspiracy'

January 18, 2011

According to a German investigation, the killer of Olof Palme was in the pay of the Yugoslav secret service and the assassination was part of a Balkan plot that stretched from Belgrade to Stockholm, and even to Kirkcaldy in Fife.

According to Focus magazine, which traditionally has good contacts with the German security services, Mr Sindicic, 67, claims that the Yugoslav secret service killed Mr Palme and planned to pin the killing on right-wing Croatian separatists - a thorn in the side of the Yugoslav leadership - and thus discredit them in the eyes of the world.

Josip Broz Tito, the former Yugoslav dictator, had ordered his secret police to assassinate dissidents across the world, whatever the cost. If Croatian "extremists" could be shown to have killed Mr Palme, Western governments would be forced to stop sheltering them. Mr Tito died in 1980 but the policy continued.

The Yugoslav secret service never managed to persuade the Swedes or other nations that the Croats were behind the killing.

Yugoslav assassin killed Olof Palme: report

The magasine also reports that Palme’s killer, now 65, lives in Zagreb, Croatia and works for a private security firm.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Today, it's 25 years since the assassination.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Incoming:

Göran Lambertz: "Police may have murdered Olof Palme"...

Lambertz: Poliser kan ha mördat Olof Palme (in swedish)

The interview (in swedish) may be downloaded from here.

Ny Palme-teori: Mener politifolk kan ha drept statsministeren (in norwegian)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They didn't like that...

Top judge slammmed for Palme probe meet up

Swedish Supreme Court justice and former Chancellor of Justice Göran Lambertz has drawn fire from the high court's Chief Justice over an apparent attempt to get involved in the ongoing investigation into the assassination of Prime Minister Olof Palme.

Lambertz clarified, however, that a judge should not get involved in an investigation by, for example, conducting surveillance, offering tips, or trying to "convince investigators to work in a certain way".

"I think Marianne Lundius may have imagined that I was getting involved in the Palme investigation in the ways mentioned above. But that's not the case at all," wrote Lambertz.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Olof Palme requested protection from SÄPO the night he was shot.

'Palme wanted protection the night he was shot'

The night he was murdered on a Stockholm street, Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme requested protection from security service Säpo, but the call went unanswered, the slain politician's son has claimed.

Btw, Stig Bergling used to work for SÄPO...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Apparently, Stig Bergling has shot a nurse in the face with a softgun at a nursing home in Stockholm.

Svensk superspion skjøt pleier i fjeset på sykehjem (in norwegian)

Landsförrädaren sköt sjukvårdare i ansiktet (in swedish)

Spionen sköt vårdare i ansiktet på sjukhem (in swedish)

Stig Bergling sköt vårdare på sjukhem (in swedish)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe the nurse told Bergling that he was a "Christer Pettersson look-alike" when he had a mustache?

Google translated:

He had views on how I looked and how I behaved. That I was unshaven and stuff. He provoked me. Then I would get rid of him as quickly as possible

Superspionen sier han skjøt fordi han fikk kjeft for barbering og utseende (in norwegian)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join