It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I see a steath bomber?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well a about an hour ago I was outside looking through my telescope and my eyes were hurting a bit, so I leaned back to rest my eyes. I was scaning the sky when a plane caught my eyes. I watched it for a min or two and noticed it was pretty low, really low.

It had all the normal lights that I usually see on the planes that i see but it was triangle shaped. just like this ------->

The awsome thing was there was no sound. My question is when steaths fly low is it hard to hear them?

oh, and it was black from what I could tell. I live in a highly populated town, so I don't think it was an "Aurora". There are no military bases near me. I would say Tampa would be the closest. I live in Naples, Florida. It is pretty much as far south on the west coast of of Florida you can go. The plane was flying to the SE. Is there a base in the Keys on Miami maybe?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Because of some of the things done to make the B-2 stealthy, they are *VERY* hard to hear, even at low altitude. I had one pass over me at maybe 300 feet, and barely heard it. Was the back of a triangle sort of a W shape? If so then it was a B-2.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't know about the acoustic properties of a B-2, but I know that Florida has a fair few U.S. military bases, such as Eglin AFB, Hurlburt Field, MacDill, AFB Patrick AFB, Tyndall AFB, NAS Jacksonville, NAS Key West, NS Mayport and NAS Whiting Field, not to mention various Army, Marine and Coast Guard bases equipped with landing strips on which a B-2 could land if it had troubles.

Just because this aircraft was heading in a south-easterly direction does not mean that it was going to or coming from a base along that line, you must remember.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xayden

It had all the normal lights that I usually see on the planes that i see but it was triangle shaped. just like this ------->

The shape you are showing would not be a B-2! The B-2 has a very distinct Zig-Zag trailing edge that is often referred to as the double W. The shape you used has a straight trailing edge.

As for the acoustic properties of the B-2, Zaphod58 was right on. The plane is nearly silent. Years back, I went to Andrews AFB. for armed forces day. While I was there, they did a B-2 fly over. I nearly missed it because I was standing with my back to it and never heard it. When I did see it, I couldn't here it. It almost seemed as if the engines weren't running.

Tim

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The plane had to be really low, 300-400ft. I started looking at some pictures and the shape matches more like a stealth fighter.

It was VERY eerie how it just slide by.

Truly amazing tech.

(EDIT: I cant spell. heh))

[edit on 24-2-2006 by Xayden]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A triangular shape aircraft would be something other than a B-2. The low acoustic signature and shape suggest a top-secret recon aircraft. By now we all know that the USA has very advanced recon and electronics warfare machines that are 25 years ahead of anything officially acknowledged. By now we know that the USA is fielding machines that utilize anti-gravatics, electromagnetic assist, hyper drive and/or other exotic propulsion and sensor systems. Have we not seen and read enough?
I can't tell you how many times and many varied vehicles I have seen over Manhattan especially since the events of September 2001 including uav's.

I applaud Hayden for an honest and accurate description. May I ask, what direction was it coming from; did it maneuver at all; did you observe any type of disturbance; vapor trail, etc.; did you observe any type of markings, etc.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by templar8]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The plane was low maybe 300ft or so. It was a clear night last night so i did see a faint vapor trail afterwards. It was moving quite slow, much like watching a birds fly over head,easily tracked. It had lights the norm for most aircraft I have seen.

As for markings I saw none. All black. And it was flying from the North to the SE.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Xayden,

If you are located in the Naples area and the vehicle was flying low to the South East than we might conclude that Cuba and/or islands to the SE were the intended destination. We might assume further that the vehicle was indeed elint and recon mission configured. The entire region is a hotbed of trafficking activity. One recalls Khrushchev’s threats after the Cuban Missile Crisis -- the weapon of choice evolving into drugs over nuclear warheads -- and the partners being the ever-accommodating "neighbors" to the south. Hence ultra secret air vehicles are ideal for the mission(s).

If the assorted sightings and other data reported daily on the ATS sight were more closely correlated and a timeline and mapping composed from that said data, we would have a very interesting history of activity generated by and from elint/recon agencies responsible for these missions. Indeed the same principals would apply to any data reported to ATS from elsewhere in the world.

Perhaps this correlation paradigm has been proposed if not applied on this site before. Nonetheless, given the frequency and content we see from the more prolific contributors to this site daily, one wonders why such a paradigm would not be here as a matter of course. Their time and energies would be better spent in producing stats that may be of real benefit beyond the usual scoop on the toys.

Curiously, having experienced the 9/11 attacks first hand, I am amazed at the overall systems failure of not only of our elint/recon/enforcement/military agencies but also of the plethora of high tech toys. The attacks should have NOT could have been thwarted. As it happens the most efficient and heroic organization(s) and equipment that day was the FDNY and the Seagrave 1000/500 pumpers and ladder trucks. I sincerely hope that our tax dollars will be used to advantage and that these mysterious flights and sightings work to advantage before there is another "next time."

Seriously, after that fateful day I have more faith in a "Red Dawn" America than a military-industrial complex. I along with countless other Americans lost too many friends and neighbors that day so I get a bit p/o'd when I read some of the ramblings on this and other sites. The funny thing Xayden is that when the time comes it is guys like you and what some people around here mockingly call "the suits" along with the FDNY that did the job that day. That's the real shock and awe.

Thanks for the additional info.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
clearly this is yet more proof that thde martians are preparing to invade.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Templar,
Cuba!I didnt even think of that. Great observations my man!

Planeman,
I think you joking right?
Just for the record I like watching the skies, but invasions, not my cup O joe. I'm not a alien ufo type guy.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If it was a B2 they use a technique to make the stealth plane quieter by placing the engines on top of the plane so that their noise is blocked from reaching the ground by the body of the aircraft.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm not a alien...
Prove it or we won't believe you!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So the sound would be deflected upward. Hmmm..

It was dead silent and I heard nothing. Not even a faint jet hiss. Thats just the tech we have NOW. i cant wait and see what the government has for us in the next 10- 20 years.

Did I really just say I cant wait for the Gov to make more weapons?

::Narrows his eyes at planeman and nudges his MIB partner:: Planeman knows to much. Take em out.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Planeman knows to much. Take em out.
On a date? sorry, but I'm not that kind of boy.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Back on topic...

I figure a stealth would have the normal lights that are on a plane, but is typical for one to fly with them on?

Or were they on because it was flying low over a populated area?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Flying anywhere other than test/training areas or combat, stealth aircraft would be using a full set of lights, and even have thier transponders on. (Radar repeaters so air traffic control know's who's where.) Frankly, if it isn't combat or training for combat, we WANT that aircraft tracked, it keeps people from crashing into it, and makes recovery much simpler if there's an accident.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primary Mover
If it was a B2 they use a technique to make the stealth plane quieter by placing the engines on top of the plane so that their noise is blocked from reaching the ground by the body of the aircraft.

Actually, the exhaust is directly over the trailing edge of the wing so the fuselage wouldn't block it. They use a long exhaust, with baffles embedded in them to trap the sound. There are a lot of ways that they can deaden the sound.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"Everybody's seen them. Those ominous looking black aircraft, like something straight out of a science fiction movie. We've all been told how stealth technology makes aircraft invisible to radar, and thereby improves the safety and survivability of our military pilots. Those of us who are technologists have watched the cute animations showing how radar beams are deflected away from the radar receiver by skillful use of aircraft geometry, or soaked up by special radar absorbing materials. What a wonderful job of public relations! A Madison Avenue advertising agency couldn't have dreamed up more impressive looking machines, or done a better job of selling them. This is America's military at its best, winning the hearts and minds of its citizens, and of course striking fear and terror in the enemies of democracy, no matter where they are hiding. Even the American navy (not to be out done by their rivals in the air force) is building stealth warships.

Too bad its all based on a lie...

Yes, stealth technology renders an aircraft (or ship) invisible to conventional radar, when that radar is used in a conventional manner. Yes, during the gulf wars stealth aircraft flew with impunity into Iraq, and evaded 1980s era Russian made radars. All of this is indisputably true. However as I shall elaborate, a multiplicity of stealth countermeasures are both feasible and practical. As you are about to discover, when flying against these countermeasures, stealth aircraft (and ships) are nothing more than very expensive scrap metal. In other words, an extravagant waste of taxpayer money."

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Musselwhite....you need to post anything quoted from another site in external quote tags...

thought i would advise you in case you get a telling off from the mods !!

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by musselwhite

thanks, i though putting what was said within quotation marks was equally the same. i need to learn.

Musselwhite....you need to post anything quoted from another site in external quote tags...

thought i would advise you in case you get a telling off from the mods !!

take care

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

join