It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Nerve Agent in Russell Senate Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Senate members and staffers have been evacuated after an alarm (no one had ever heard before) went off and they were notified that there may be nerve gas in the building. For now, everyone is quarantined in the building's garage. One test for gas was positive, but the second one was negative. They'll have the results of the third test in about an hour, since they're testing it off-site. Its quite possible that this could be a false alarm.

>A U.S. Senate office building was evacuated Wednesday evening after a sensor detected the presence of a possible nerve agent, sources said.

However, a second test came back negative.

Eight senators and more than 200 staffers were evacuated after alarms sounded at 7 p.m. in the attic of the Russell Senate Office Building, just north of the Capitol, Senate aides said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is sooooo sketchy. Sounds just like the anthrax thing? The first thing I thought was, how will we blame this on Iran? But, seriously, I wonder who could be behind this- nerve gas is not a game.

So far, there's no article on the story, but there is a banner headline on CNN's homepage, which I posted above. I'll keep refreshing the page and then edit my post to add a link to an actual article.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by HarlemHottie] Paula Zahn just added that the alarm that sounded signals a 'chemical agent,' not a biological one.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by HarlemHottie] to add that the Capitol Police are having a press conference at 8:30pm

[edit on 8-2-2006 by HarlemHottie] to add link.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by HarlemHottie]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by asala]

new topics

join