It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was wonder if anyone had ideas, general guidelines, or even plain old theoretical but fun ideas for securing computers from snooping government agents or other undesireable elements?

who

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are mainstream ways to "help" block out those who are uninvited. The problem comes in that if someone wants to get in bad enough, they will eventually. Regardless of the software or firewall you may be using.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
condoms, of course.

really, running a firewall and a virus program and all of that good stuff probably wont' stop someone who's very skilled and wants to get into your computer badly. I'm not an expert, though so if anyone has any actual tips on this, I'd be interested.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the unconventional means like shielding the computer from eavesdropping on the signals given off by the moniter, and other physical things as opposed to protection from the internet.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There have already been fatalities amongst people who have tried to hack any of my PCs. Not trackable to me at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by the monitor signals or eavesdropping.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well its supposed to be possible to reassemble a comprehendable image from the diffuse glow given off by a CRT monitor. Heres a slashdot article about it with some links, not sure if they are still valid though, just pulled this from my bookmarks

slashdot.org...

top topics

join