It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Berman...The Democrat's "Jack Abramoff"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So who is this guy Micheal Berman and what should he mean to you? Well, for starters, he's the guy Nobody is paying attention to, due to all the press given to Jack Abramoff. But, what ol' Jack is to the Republicans, Michael is to the Democrats. Check out these links and tell me if you agree:

www.npr.org...

www.zmag.org...

spa.american.edu...

spa.american.edu...

I also find it interesting that nobody found any "Jack Abramoff" style antics going on when the Democrats ran the House and the Senate for forty-some years...or did they?

Shouldn't we shine the spotlight on Everybody in the lobbyist's line of fire, and see which ones took a silver bullet in thier wallet?

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Lets see

Micheal Berman=No Convictions

Jack Abramoff= Coviction for breaking the Law

Are you saying these links you provided Prove that Berman broke the Law?
Because thats not what I saw when I clicked on your links. If Berman broke the law and Was convicted Im sure he would get his fair share of press.

I also find it interesting that nobody found any "Jack Abramoff" style antics going on when the Democrats ran the House and the Senate for forty-some years...or did they?

I also find this interesting. What is the phrase ?? Oh yeah A Culture of Corruption, meaning, Before there was not a Culture of Corruption....

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
wait a second, are you telling me that being a lobbyist is now illegal? Because that is all the information I could find on your links regarding Berman Not to metion he provided donations in the thousands, not millions that Abermoff dealt with.

I find it really difficult to compare the two except to say they are both powerful lobbyists. Only one has abused his power and has now become charged with crimes.

This seems to be aonther atempt by Right-wing media to smear and distract, something they are very good at, but is so predictable and flimsy as any straw man argument

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Am I saying Berman is a crook? Of course not! But I am saying that maybe...just maybe...we outta drag ALL the lobbyists into the cold, hard light of day and give them a heavy scrutinizing, ESPECIALLY the heavy hitters.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
gee, maybe your talking about something called Campaign finance reform?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
gee, maybe your talking about something called Campaign finance reform?

A bribe is a bribe, no matter which law book you read. What's needed here is to enforce the laws we already have. It doesn't matter how many zeros come after the "1" on the check. If they're caught....Fry 'em!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
there is a differance between a bribe and a campaign contrabution, or a donation. Bribes usually have "strings attached" while contrabutions and donations don't. It is wrong to call a donation a bribe becasue the definition doesn't fit

Just because I gave $100 to Senator Fiengold electuion campaign, that is now concidered a bribe and I should go to jail? sorry, but then half of the coutnry should be going ot jail then.

A bribe is a bribe, but not all donations are bribes

top topics

join