It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could clouds be manipulated to stop global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There are, of course, those who believe that this is already being done - one of the exlanations for 'chemtrails' being that they're intended to reduce global warming (despite the fact that contrails actually increase the greenhouse effect....)

But now there's a serious - well fairly serious - suggestion of how we might really do it:-

Professor Stephen Salter, emeritus professor of Engineering Design at Edinburgh University, believes he can manufacture clouds that could help save the planet from global warming.

Salter, who invented one of the first devices to turn wave power into electricity, claims that the highly reflective clouds could be used to bounce more of the sun’s rays back into space — counteracting rising temperatures caused by a build-up of greenhouse gasses in the Earth’s atmosphere.

His technique, which is being examined by the environment department, involves using a fine mist of sea spray to increase the density, and whiteness, of low-lying stratocumulus.

Salter, whose research will be published in Atmospheric Research, claims that by increasing the reflectivity of a third of clouds by 4% he could offset global warming.

Full story from The Times

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
they have been manufacturing weather for a long time bro

i will post links later this evening from a militiary general who oversaw the opertatons of cloud seeding and weather manipulation

oh never mind this thread is a year old

but hey i love the weather i wonder if europe will see a winter this year?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by cpdaman]

new topics

join