It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google earth strange findings post your finds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ah, thank you. I had simply wondered because I had not noticed them before, and the runways in particular seemed very artificial looking, more like drawings or something odd.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The unpaved runways are "painted" onto the surface of the dry lakebed with a liquid asphalt substance. You can see the same sort of thing on Rogers Lake at Edwards Air Force Base (runways, compass rose, etc.).

The lakebed provides an excellent contingency landing site in the event of emergency, or simply high crosswinds on the main runway.

The long paved runway (all of the extra "length" extending onto the lakebed was just emergency overrun) is now entirely closed. Even counting the overrun, it was never the longest runway in the world. One of the lakebed runways at Edwards is seven miles long!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Question. Anyone notice that the entire Area 51 area on Google Earth is like a different frame from the surrounding area? I know that's pretty common with satellite imaging, but isn't it interesting that this one large square is different from its surroundings? Makes me wonder if it's been tampered with . . .

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It doesn't appear to have been tampered with in any way. In fact, as far as I can see, it represents some of the best Google Earth imagery available.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
maps.google.com...,-11.403809&spn=0.379867,0.55481&t=h&om=0

this is pretty awsome. its got to be huge....

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
First: Lake Champlain Monster?

Look, see, is this Champ? Found north of Lake Champlain, this brown object is about 36.76 feet and 10.99 meters in length. It resembles the neck and head of the creature and is leaving quite a large wake in it's path.

45 14'55.65" N 73 14'44.23" W

Giant USO or sun?

You're not going to find this on GE, possibly not even on GM. The latest image update has erased a section of the image, the section with it on. It sliced the clouds right next to it in half! This looks like a giant glowing object underneath the water's surface. The little trail of what looks like bubbles is convincing, but is it just the sun's reflection?

Was at 47 45'06.86" N 90 3'16.85" W

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Google earth is inaccurate, the images on both the search engine and on it's program are 2-3 years old.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not all of them. They update images alot. Recently, they updated images to November of this year in some areas, such as Oahu in Hawaii (I know tis because my relatives were stationed there for Navy and you could see their van and home and all that stuff and the recent update now has someone else's vehicle on it). You can find out when they update at a few places, but mainly the images are out of date by a year or two.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The stuff in my particular area is about three or four years old and you can't distinguish any details whatsoever, it's really poor quality. Even the old geologic survey aerials that you can find online are better for my particular area than Google Earth.

Wig

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My particular Google Maps sighting has definately been seen and discussed by you guys before. I mean you can't miss it so it has to have been discussed. But I can't search for it here because I don't know how to describe it.

I also cannot really show you guys the google link to the sat image because for some strange reason google maps makes my computer freeze and also now google maps wont even open properly for me.

Instead of getting a large square picture frame satelite view roughly 4inches by 4 inches on my monitor, I currently am getting a small thin rectangle sat image on google maps page sized roughly 5mm by 4 inches. So as you can imagine it is going to be dificult for me to link to my image.

(***If you can help me technically with this problem I'm all ears***)

Here is my description of the feature. Near Roswell NM, I saw today some massive features stretching for miles. They look like isoceles triangles. But they don't look man made. i.e they are not triangles drawn into the desert. I can only describe it as though a meteor shower struck at this location and as the meteors hit they hit at a shallow angle to the Earths surface, so the effect was sread outwards from the imact point out wards in a triangular shape.....imagine what would happen if you threw a bag of flour hard at the ground, it would burst and spread outwards and away from you. well these shapes I found are like that.

Also They all seem to be aligned roughly with the triangle going outwards to the North East from the start point.

If you recognise what I must be talking about can you link me to the discussion thread about them on ATS please?

For some reason google maps just worked normally for me here they are:
maps.google.co.uk...,-103.557129&spn=1.05455,1.851196&t=k&om=1

Any ideas what these are? What is the scientific explanation for them? For they have to have been discussed by American Geologists...after all they appear to be milllenia old features, and not some top secret military feature.

They also appear to dissappear at greater zooms? As though the land is bleached of all colours ??? I just had a thought about this, I am 100% positive that the markings appeared in colour earlier on today in google maps on every zoom level. All of a sudden the whole area is now monochrome at higher zoom levels!

Thanks

[edit on 18/12/2006 by Wig]

Wig

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
maps.google.com...,-11.403809&spn=0.379867,0.55481&t=h&om=0

this is pretty awsome. its got to be huge....

That is the Richat crater

www.saharamet.com...

Google maps for me is ok if I navigate to it myself (via google home page), but if I click on any of these links here it is screwed up and freezes my computer....does anyone else have this problem?

Wig

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock
Here's something i've been wondering about for a while now. I spent some time searching for sunken ships and came across what I refer to as the underwater massive donut farm thing.

40, 13'53.80" N 0, 17'58.76" E

That's this thing
maps.google.co.uk...,0.299624&spn=0.001876,0.003616&t=k&om=1

Looks like a fish farm to me.

Wig

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Back to my striations on the landscape, a few more points.....

Google has deliberately bleached out all the colours at the greater zooms so that you cannot view these features at greater zooms, you can also not see a lot of other stuff due to this bleaching.

However, it is still possible to see theses striations at greater zooms in some places like this for exaample

maps.google.co.uk...,-103.534749&spn=0.002059,0.003616&t=h&om=1

That should be a zoom in on a fenced off area, look at the lowerright hand corner of the fence, very close by is a line in the dirt going roughly South West to North East. It can be seen that to the South of this line the land appears lighter than to the North,, I don't know, but it seems to me to be lacking vegetation.

Now zoom out and you will see that this line is part of one of the larger of these striation features.

If anyone lives near there perhaps they could go and find out what is different to make this viewable from space, and also go to see some of the other oddities. For example why are these striations sometimes having sharp angled corners? What are the dark patches we can see within the light areas? Possibly where the land dips down into a hollow.

Come on evryone why am I not getting any responses on this?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i thought this was odd...perhaps missle targets?

maps.google.co.uk...,-115.63149&spn=0.001235,0.005375&t=h&om=1

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Those are targets on the range at Creech Air Force Base, Indian Springs, Nevada. I have had the opportunity to watch that area undergo punishing bombardment during a CAPSTONE exercise.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
looks like something has been brushed out of the picture here...near pine gap too...

LATITUDE-22°30'55.27"S

LONGITUDE-128°34'38.35"E

B20

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
vinrock

Your underwater doughnut farm is nothing more than a fish farm I'm afraid!

B20

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I do however like this image containing 2 SR71s.

SR71s

I have been told that it's in California somewhere. Does anyone know the Lat / Lon to this tile?

[Edit:]

Ok, answered my own question! It turns out that it's Edwards Air Force base. The SR71s are no longer in the same place in the currect google maps images, but one can be seen very clearly here:

New SR71

There's plenty of other aircraft to look at on the base too. Nothing strange or interesting, although some of the markings in the ground are.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by B20]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forums or in this thread, but I was wondering the significance of two things when looking briefly at Area 51 on Google maps.

(1) First, this little patch of green slightly outside the base.
maps.google.co.uk...,-115.843239&spn=0.002502,0.007639&t=k&om=1

(2) An extremely long road extending South-East from the base and ending evidently somewhere near the mountains. The road starts here: maps.google.co.uk...,-115.792637&spn=0.040067,0.122223&t=k&iwloc=addr
And ends about here: maps.google.co.uk...,-115.719166&spn=0.0401,0.122223&t=k&iwloc=addr

If anyone could provide insight to any of those, that'd be fantastic. Thanks.

(This board is great.)

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The green area with the little pond is Slater Lake. Originally built as a recreational area in the 1960s it was eventually surrounded by Soviet-type radar equipment for testing purposes.

The long road at the south end of the base goes to a navigational beacon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join