It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google earth strange findings post your finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
While searching 'round Moriarty late one night, I came across this wondrous sight.

Google Maps Link

It doesn't look like anyone's noticed this one up to now (at least I couldn't find a reference to it on the usual Wierd Stuff on Google Maps sites).

For those lucky enough to have Google Earth up and running, you might try
34°56'17.29" N, 105°58'22.27" W
Maybe they use the same database for that area.

There's much more strangeness in that area, UFO sightings, etc.

What you see there is an error having to do with the composition of the satellite image(s).

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here are some links to many strange explained and unexplained Google Earth Images Ive found with more to come.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

[edit on 16-5-2006 by VType]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
does anyone else havea problem with the image not clearing up when you're investigating rural area with lots of trees and blank countryside?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Here are some links to many strange explained and unexplained Google Earth Images Ive found with more to come.

Hey VType you can't post the locations of this first lot of pictures can you ?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

Hey VType you can't post the locations of this first lot of pictures can you ?

All the google photos have the coordinates in the frame bottom. The others are stock photos from one of the Area 51 threads here. I just find google images and save them without really naming them correctly.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandcastles on Cydonia
does anyone else havea problem with the image not clearing up when you're investigating rural area with lots of trees and blank countryside?

yes i do i thought it was something i was doing lol, im new to this google earth.
plus its no use to me because i got no idea where to look or what to look for lol iv just been cruising around the world

plus i saw my house it was cool haha

dont mind me im easily amused

Dae

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wow, nice! I thought this one was amazing.. They look like two really big boxes buired there, for some time too! Weird.

And those sea doughnuts before, really weird!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Get your Nuclear irradiation on Route 66!

Route 66 Sign

Disclaimer: its really just a few buildings at Los Alamos, but it sure looks freaky on Google Local.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Vtype, this is Tonopah Test Range (TTR) where they do some flight testing i believe, thought its not as secretive as Groom.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Been browsing google earth lately, anyone got any odd findings?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I found a 6 month thread bump...

Lex

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

The big new Peninsula they are building on the coast of Dubi. I thought it was pretty cool. Reserve your slip now just more money thain one person ought to have. Prices and considerations may vary, see dubi sales office for details, manditory terrorist insurance required before purchase.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Dubai "Palms".
Yeah, they are an expensive buy. Why I got a sweet, East facing condo, I'll never know.

Lex

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Antarctica

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Im sure you guys have found this one already, but here ya go.

50°0'38.20"N 110°6'48.32"W

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've just started doing the whole Google Earth thing in the past couple days, and it's very interesting. However, while looking at Area 51 today I saw something that I would swear I didn't see just a couple days ago. It looks kind of like someone has made some pencil drawings on the image. Not sure what it is but that's the general appearance of it. Check out these pics:

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

Could anyone shed some light on this? What exactly are these pictures showing?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey guys...could somone explain to me how to post any image...i have a couple pics I would like to share...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just host it on an image hosting service, like Photobucket.com for example, then post the link.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This would be the WSA (weapons storage area, if there were nukes there) or MSA (munitions storage area, conventional weapons). The only reason I know this is that was my job in the USAF. Any questions about these areas feel free to ask.

Originally posted by DustintheWind
Here is one at area 51 south of the hangers.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
southern_cross3, your photos are as follows:

The first two pictures are pictures of the approach end of Runway 03 and Runway 09. To the left, the emergency overun beyond the Mid-Lake Turnaround of the, now closed, Runway 32L is visible.

The third image shows the west side of Groom Lake with a better view of the location of the old Mid-Lake Turnaround. The round pad on the oval loop road is the location of the radra cross-section (RCS) measurement pylon.

The fourth image is a wide shot of Runway 03/21 and the Abort Circle ("The Hook") marked on the dry lakebed.

The fifth image shows the approach end of Runway 21, crossed by part of "The Hook."

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Shadowhawk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join