It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google earth strange findings post your finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Feel free to post your Google Earth findings it can be anything as long as its strange/weird/cool/amazing/- something interesting at least i will post mine soon, i dont have that many, most of mine i have all ready posted anyhow, lets get this started

here is some of my quite recent finds nothing special like just weird alien like face on antarctica (its a side profile face) not hard to see

as most of u know the south pole is very distorted my guess is probably because satellites dont cover the bottom of the earth.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by matrix 333]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Quite the toothless underbite, eh ?

Sorry
Lex

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Denver International Airport

[edit on 21-1-2006 by 56]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ah yes, That's true* *sighs* That's all part of the NWO.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Retouched cloud shadow

So, why would anyone need to white-out a shadow? I've seen overexposed areas toned-down, but this is the first time I've seen a dark area deliberately airbrushed lighter.

Anyone seen anything lke this?

BTW, this is near the mysterious Powell Air Force Station.

Hmmm...speaking of which, here's one more: you think you got bugs? Well, check out Wyoming, such places as Powell Air Force Station; see the white dots? Those are ant hills, and some are over 15 meters (45 feet) across!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've tried lookin for crop circles but cant find any, especially the giant one of a person waving in Peru which is meant to date back thousands of years. Anyone found any?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here is one at area 51 south of the hangers.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm downloading the program right now, I'll be on the look for strange things. I was on the internet version looking around and found some rather strange areas, I'll be sure to take some shots of em and post them on here for all to see.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.mrsite.co.uk...

both of thos pics are in the middle of egypt and are quite close

the first one also has a landing strip wich shows how big the circles are and the secong one, looks very strange when you get very close

[edit on 1-3-2006 by maddale]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is so amazing i can hardly believe it. I saw dustinthewind's post and thought that it kind of looked like an arrow, and well I had nothing better to do so I followed the arrow in the direction it pointed to. I almost gave up until i found something amazing.

37'32'41.24'N 117'55'35.75W

Just zoom out a little if you don't see it at first, it's the most incredible coincdence(or not) i have ever seen. I might even have to make a thread about this

[edit on 13-5-2006 by dk2852]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
dk2852

Weird!!! They look like spiraling holes into the ground with green covering...maybe grass?
I'm gonna look into it!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk2852
This is so amazing i can hardly believe it. I saw dustinthewind's post and thought that it kind of looked like an arrow, and well I had nothing better to do so I followed the arrow in the direction it pointed to. I almost gave up until i found something amazing.

37'32'41.24'N 117'55'35.75W

Just zoom out a little if you don't see it at first, it's the most incredible coincdence(or not) i have ever seen. I might even have to make a thread about this

You mean the green circles? They're pivots. Basically circular fields of crop irrigated by a, uhh, pivot.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OK, maybe but how do you explain this place in the middle of the Nevada desert
37'32'41.24'N 117'55'35075' W
sorry about the coordinates i'm sure you can figure it out.
P.S. I found it using the same method

Things i would like you to note about this.
1. Its size, too large to be a company headquarters
2. its location, why would anyone build this here
3. 4 disc shaped structures to the immeciate west of the facility. Probably nothing, but still cool.
4. There is a road that leads from the facility to a building on a mohntain? What the ****

Please I need Opinions, or i will just start a thread with this.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dezert Skies is correct. They are irrigation pivots. The exact same configuration
has been posted showing Penoyer Farms irrigation system. Penoyer Farms is in Rachel Nevada next to Groom Lake and Area 51. Rachel is 5000ft elevation and is high desert . Its the most economical way to get water to any crops as their is no water available except for the wells. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here's something i've been wondering about for a while now. I spent some time searching for sunken ships and came across what I refer to as the underwater massive donut farm thing.

40, 13'53.80" N 0, 17'58.76" E

I'd post a picture or upload the KMZ but i'm too lazy. I have no idea WTF this could be and it's absolutely huge compared to some of the boats nearby.

I'm real interested if anyone can identify it.

Edit: The thing is about 775'x240' and is located about 1.25Mi offshore.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by vinrock]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here you go, I took a screencap showing whatever-it-is and it's size.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
While searching 'round Moriarty late one night, I came across this wondrous sight.

Google Maps Link

It doesn't look like anyone's noticed this one up to now (at least I couldn't find a reference to it on the usual Wierd Stuff on Google Maps sites).

For those lucky enough to have Google Earth up and running, you might try
34°56'17.29" N, 105°58'22.27" W
Maybe they use the same database for that area.

There's much more strangeness in that area, UFO sightings, etc.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
that donut thing is odd

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Strange picture Rand.

Looks to me like both images are of the same plane. Maybe some sort of anomaly of converting to hi-res, maybe double exposure some how. My digital camera will make ghost images of people in the shot (it's older). It is the same image of the people already there, just slightly beside them. I was told it was a reflection on the lens inside the camera. Maybe the satelite had a similar problem. I don't know, just a guess.

My question is, how does everyone find these interesting images? I guess I don't have the patience to sit and hunt these things. My google earth searches usually end the same way. Hey kids, look where I lived when I was 10! Or hey, look at area 51!

Pass

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pass
My question is, how does everyone find these interesting images?

I don't know about anyone else, but I usually start by picking out a state or region where there have been strange (UFO, etc.) reports, then going to Earth Explorer and browsing the 1-meter spy satellite images of the area -- if the spooks were interested, I am too. Then I cross-reference those images to Google Maps, set the scale to about 2000' and start dragging around in a spiral until something catches my eye.

This one is probably just an artifact of the image-stitching process, but it's wierd nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join