It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appropriate Response to a Nuclear Attack by Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Kojac,
Considering that terrorist are killing Muslims with impunity almost daily, I don't think that the proximety to Palestinians would be much of a concern to them. I think they would believe they were doing the Palestinian Muslims a favor by securing their place in heaven through their sacrifice.
Oh - and how did you know about our plans for using the whales???

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The chances of this happening are too remote to even make them worth thinking about. The chances that, if it happened, any of the weapons would reach their targets is even more remote. The chances of any sane leadership in the region supporting this after the fact, if they did reach their targets, are practically zero.

If this happened exactly as proposed, however, then Iran, North Korea, and any other even remotely hostile, desperate, or fanatical country on the face of the earth with nuclear weapons or ambitions, would be annihilated with very little delay, if any. This isn't what I would want to happen, but it's the most probable response to such an attack. Neither Russia nor China would side with Iran - there would be no Iran to side with, and they care more about continued existence and prosperity than they do about backing a newly nonexistent or soon to be obliterated country. The same goes for Iran’s neighbors. The media may portray them as backward fanatics, but they aren’t stupid.

The global economy would take the biggest hit yet seen since the depression, and the world would be smart to start thinking about alternative energy sources in a big hurry, because the region might very well be irradiated.

None of this will ever happen, however, because to do this Iran would have to have a successfully concealed nuclear arsenal, and first strike capability. They wouldn't get half way to either of those before regime change. Now, if North Korea provided them with missile technology and fissile material or a functional weapon - that's another story. The chances of that happening without anyone knowing about it are very low, however, because North Korea views any weapons they possess as potential bargaining chips, and the concessions Iran would have to provide in exchange would be far too visible to be concealed.

If such an event occurred, the West would have to be at least partially complicit in it, in my opinion. There's no way this could happen without us knowing unless someone was asleep at the wheel.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
several things yes israel has nuclear armed subs.
it also has high energy laser systems which can shout down mortars and skuds ( made with the help of USA)
USA will not have the state Israel destroyed as it is in the black world 50 years ahead on the world it will have fully cloaked space weaponsystems as wel of ships armed with directed energy weapons.
maybe they have secretly developed energy shields.
the reason no nuclear war has been taken place is the usa and russia have systems to detect destroy ect to these attacks from missles.
and there for they both know it from each other so thats why they know launching missles on eachother will not work.

an attack of iran on a western nation + israel will lead to disclosure of new currently very secretly ships / planes and weapon systems.

all developed with the help of former german engineers and scientist and / or aliens.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If the US were to launch Nukes, they would most certainly come from Ohio Ballistic missiles subs, for they have never been able to show their destructive power. And, its not like its a secret launch either, I bet the US would tell the world look what happens when you really start pissing us off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There's no chance that this will happen. Sure Iran openly hates Israel, but they wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. Not only will they be nuking the pallestinians as well, but they also will be commiting suicide. No country will support anyone who launched a preemptive nuclear strike on a nation for no apparent reason. But if they did, it's quite simple. They get blown off the map perminantly.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There's no chance that this will happen.

What a profound statement to make. It may not actually be Israel that gets hit with a nuclear weapon first, but it is only a matter of time before it happens somewhere. Maybe right where you or I live. Whether the attack is initiated by Iran or a small group of terrorists acting of their own accord - It will happen!!! The reason I started this thread is that there seems to be very little conversation about what will happen after the inevitable occurs. We have North Korea and Iran now in the mix with the large number of missing weapons from the former Soviet Union. They are not actually missing though. They are hidden somewhere by someone. Why? So they can use them at some point against a perceived enemy or sell them to someone else. Why would someone buy them? To use them of course. How many of us are prepared for that day? Very few I think. I see no evidence that very many have thought about what the response should be when it does occur. Since there are no real plans, panic would be the order of the day. Look what happened here after a Hurricane that was expected in advance and planned for. What kind of mass hysteria will ensue when the unthinkable occurs? I believe anyone who thinks that an attack of this nature won't happen is hiding their head in the sand. Considering the amount of information available to us these days anyone who is unprepared will have no one to blame but themselves. The governments won’t be of much help as their heads are buried in the sand as well. They are not preparing for something they think will never happen. The government is people just like you and me. When an attack happens they will forget about us and take care of their own. We saw a graphic example of that after Katrina. Many of the authorities ran for the hills and took care of their own families. We all need to be prepared to take care of ourselves. We won't be able to run down to the mall for supplies as there won’t be any mall or supplies within a matter of hours. I used to live in an area of Idaho that would get snowbound occasionally and cut off from the rest of the world. By day 3 the store shelves are empty!!!! It was not a problem for those of us who were prepared. Many foolish people though figured that if we got snowed in they would just eat other people’s food and use their supplies so why bother to be prepared. Of course they were right. I'd end up giving out supplies to friends and neighbors. This will be different though. The stores may be closed for months. There may not be electricity for months or years. No one is going to be willing to help those who figured it could never actually happen. Friends will turn on friends, family will turn against family. It will be everyone for themselves anywhere near ground zero. Once on nutcase or other pushes the button there will probably be a domino effect. Every nut with a bomb will jump into the fray. For those who do not have basic survival skills it will be a terrible time I’m sure. Just being in a large city will be like a death sentence. There is no game to hunt, no fish to catch, no wild edible plants to eat and no firewood to gather for heat and to cook. Like I said the supplies in the stores will be depleted within the first week and it will take some time for the outside world to get to the victims if they ever do. Maybe even months or years. On top of that the fighting will continue. Once the nuclear genie is out of the bottle it will be very hard to put it back in.
Sorry for the length. I’m just so amazed at how unprepared the world is for the inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join