It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: My Rights vs. Your Rights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 25)
NrKy contributes some of his own ideas to the discussion (instead of simply responding to previous podcasts), Conspiracies, Problem-Reaction-Solution.

length: 09:56
file: atscpod_1292.mp3
size: 2913k
feed:

[edit on 22-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 26)
Maybe the solution is simply to stop the cause, I don't know, but caution when solving problems of going from one extreme to the other.

length: 04:13
file: atscpod_1294.mp3
size: 3956k
feed:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 27)
BH embraces her inner BH. More on offense and how to deal with it.

length: 09:02
file: atscpod_1295.mp3
size: 3710k
feed:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Great points BH, and thank you for asking NRKY what that voice is saying at the end of his casts, cause I keep wondering the same thing but forgetting to ask.

And to clarify on the KKK thing, no I don't mean mention of them causes offense, I was using them as an example regarding no offense should be taken if no offense is intended, but in the case of the KKK, this is an example of where you could be crossing that line, as their is often intent to offend in some of their actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 28)
as i face this gray box again the only words that come to my mind are SUP GIRLFRIENDS and homeboyz

length: 04:43
file: atscpod_1297.mp3
size: 4378k
feed:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 29)
The difference between saying 'gurfrenz' to a stranger and to a friend. Plus a wee racist tale.

length: 03:24
file: atscpod_1298.mp3
size: 1399k
feed:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 30)
NrKy responds again. Fondness vs. Patronising, My Rights vs. Your Rights (aka. My Freedom of Speech vs. My Tolerance of Others), Possible Justifications for 'irrational' racist paradigms, Taking ownership of offense, Accountability and Responsibility, Misinterpretation of intentions, 'Its in my own head, I've added meaning to what people have said', Conspiracy, Conspiracy, and more Conspiracy.
22050Hz, 32kbps Mono.

length: 16:50
file: atscpod_1299.mp3
size: 3947k
feed:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 31)
BH on racists' rights and choosing to not taking offense even when offense is intended.

length: 01:57
file: atscpod_1301.mp3
size: 802k
feed:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 32)
NrKy responds AGAIN. Choice, Freedom of Opinion and Speech vs. Freedom of Action, and The Two Ugly Faces of Political Corectness (Opressive Exclusion vs. Xenophobic Inclusion and Favouritism). 22050Hz, 32kbps Mono.

length: 05:39
file: atscpod_1302.mp3
size: 1325k
feed:

One of the rare podcasts where I don't swear, for once!

Can't believe that I lasted five and a half minutes without swearing, must be a record or something.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just a quickie to say that I am really enjoying listening to these podcasts, most informative and interesting opinions

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I also forgot to mention in my podcasts that you can blame Yarcofin for me having that as my podcast-closing trademark. He suggested, ages ago, that I put it in my podcasts as a trademark, because I used it a couple of times and he enjoyed it.

Don't know why I keep importing it into the audio files, just a habit. Kinda like saying 'gday' at the start, referring to myself in the third person at the start and end of my podcasts, and replying to topics brought up in podthreads sequentially instead of in some logical order.

SLR Jester: If you want to contribute a podcast to this podthread, please feel free to do so. Unfortunately it's rather confusing to people listening to the podthread on their ipods, (that aren't members of ATS or have constant access to it to make references) if people make important responses in writing. Whilst responses are encouraged, podcasts are encouraged even more so.
'Tis always good to hear a new voice in ATS pod-people-person land. Oh, and welcome to ATS, we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget the motto "Deny Ignorance".

[edit on 23-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
Just a quickie to say that I am really enjoying listening to these podcasts, most informative and interesting opinions

Thanks for letting us know. That's cool. Sometimes it feels like the 4 of us are the only ones listening.
Although that would be ok, too.

Please feel free to add typed responses and views of your own if you're not into PODcasting. All views welcome! The more the merrier!

And welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Relentless, Benevolent Heretic, Majic, Mrwupy, Saphronia, and myself, couldn't have done over 570+ pageviews on our little lonesome could we?

You know what i'd like to see, would be a counter on the podcast forums in each thread that tells us how many times the podcast has been downloaded, like the one SO apparently has access to (or mentions in during the overviews).

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I see we have made the most replied to Podcast thread to date!!! Well done Relentless! Bar WillyPalooza which only had 30 podcast replies, no other Podcast thread has come close, and this one still has a lot of steam left in it.

Podcast on the way. Talk to yez later.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The 'why is religion dying, if it is...' one got up to 30 podcasts, but that pretty much came to a conclusion months ago. This one is only just starting to kick off, hopefully we can get another couple of people in here contributing to it, get some new angles in, and hopefully start some controversy.

EDIT: This thread is #39 in the list of most-viewed forum threads in the Podcasters section, HOWEVER, it is the newest one in that list, with most of the threads that are above it, having been started in november or october, this one still has plenty of views left in it. We are currently six views behind 'Marg's intro' (which has been quiet since november), seven behind the 'New ATS Feed Channels' sticky (quiet since december), etc.. We were at 550 views yesterday, and I'm hoping that the mention of our podthread in the latest Skeptic Overview, will give us even more, hopefully we can hit 1000 views by next week, which will put us in #16 for number of page-views. (We won't beat willypalooza 2005 though, it's at 3200 views)

This thread is #3 !!! in the list of most-replied threads in the Podcasters section. We are at 54 replies, with 'Quakes Trigger Quakes' taking second at 71 (quiet since december), and Willypalooza 2005 taking first place with 125 replies.

EDIT2: We're at ten days now, and 60 views a day, that's pretty darned good! Willypalooza is at 120 views a day now, though, so we've still got a long way to go.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 33)
Just some passing thoughts

length: 05:24
file: atscpod_1312.mp3
size: 1268k
feed:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 34)
Taking it all pretty serious now, because the "thought police" have actually done more than control our actions but actually led us to believe that being politically correct is beneficial, when it's not.

length: 07:59
file: atscpod_1324.mp3
size: 1214k
feed:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 34)
Taking it all pretty serious now, because the "thought police" have actually done more than control our actions but actually led us to believe that being politically correct is beneficial, when it's not.

length: 07:59
file: atscpod_1325.mp3
size: 7482k
feed:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 36)
It's like a puzzle.
A few thoughts...

length: 03:37
file: atscpod_1326.mp3
size: 1488k
feed:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

PODcast: My Rights vs. Your Rights (reply 37)
Then gosh darn it along comes a case where I am thrown into - well, we can't just throw PC out the window either.

length: 04:28
file: atscpod_1336.mp3
size: 4191k
feed:

Note: I see the example I used in this podcast (the signature of a newer member) has been removed already. BTW - I personally feel the member who I purposely didn't name may get their wake-up call and contribute to denying ignorance, so please don't any PC police go after it. The ATS police have done their job and let's just leave it at that.

[edit on 1/29/2006 by Relentless]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join