It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I agree with you Majic, my outrage is around the people who would be killed in a war. Military for sure and possibly civilians in the ensuing war. The deceit and war casualties (look at the Iraq war casualites) are enough for me.

The news articles about this say there would be real attacks and murders and so on, but I haven't see that either in the NW documents.

abc News

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.
America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

Sensationalism. As if the truth isn't good enough.

There's more research to do.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just gotta say I'm soooo enjoying this conversation. I'm listening to Mr. Wupy right now and "The ends justifies the means" is a concept I have felt G.W has been working under ever since 911.

I gotta say all of the podcasts on this thread are just mind blowing stuff.
It is so dope to be able to hear you guys. I'll cast some of my thoughts in the morning. I have work in about an hour but this conversation is worth a listen and I hope more podcasters will have joined in by the time I get home.

Peace yall,
S-A-F.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 10)
In which our intrepid Majic falls down the JFK rabbit hole. Oh my!

length: 11:02
file: atscpod_1244.mp3
size: 1941k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hitting The Links

Here are some links to material I refer to in my latest podcast.

Sorry they're raw, but I'm in a hurry to get busy finding more sources.

This is getting more interesting the more I research it.

As always, I urge skepticism with regard to ALL sources.

Question everything.

James Bamford

Here's the ABC News link Benevolent Heretic provided above, repeated here for convenience.

U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba

Here's more on James Bamford.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.cooperativeresearch.org...

www.usatoday.com...

Spartacus Educational

Interesting site, well cross-referenced.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

Following the embedded links in any of the above pages leads to even more intrigue.

Various Sources

Some of these refer directly to Operation Mongoose/Northwoods, others add some interesting context in my opinion.

justicewell.20m.com...
www.gwu.edu...
times.discovery.com...
www.fiu.edu...

I encourage my fellow members to contribute whatever opinions and links they think may help us zero in on what really was going on with President Kennedy, Operation Mongoose and Operation Northwoods.

I smell a conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 11)
i kept going on and on about money...i haven't been to sleep yet...blame the lethargy

length: 05:38
file: atscpod_1245.mp3
size: 5282k
feed:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 12)
Majic asks why there are two conflicting versions of the story surrounding Operation Northwoods and calls for investigation of the disinformation campaign the different versions imply.

length: 06:56
file: atscpod_1252.mp3
size: 1221k
feed:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am not sure where you got the idea the JChiefs came up with this... In the podcast we specifically stated that the plan made it as high as the Joint Chiefs.

Nowhere in that did we mention the Joint Chiefs thought it up or that Kennedy knew about it, I've never heard anyother version myself.

The point is, IMHO, the US Government has in the past created a "plan" that included;
Airplanes being crashed
Terror as a weapon of distraction

The clincher was pointing the finger of guilt for the above at a foriegn government we wanted to oust in order to create support at home for the invasion of that country.

These are the freaky similarities to what has transpired in our very recent past. Transpired in fact.

Obviously we have no solid evidence our government had anything to do with 9/11 but it is a scary thought to realize our government has laid out plans like this in the past from today's perspective.

The similarities between the plan and what happened on 9/11 and thereafter(the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq) are undeniable. Regardless of who actually thought Northwoods up, whether civilians were planned on being lost or not, whether Kennedy saw the plan or not it's a BIZARRE and frightening fact of American history.

Springer...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join