It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Launch Protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakeyjc
Though i do agree with the other half...Why look at an icy chunk of rock?

Because its the one planet in our solar system that has yet to be imaged by a spacecraft. A lot is known about all other planets, because probes have either landed, or took pictures in orbit. Pluto didn't even get its picture taken by the Voyagers...which snapped virtually everything else.

The best picture taken of it so far is from Hubble...here it is.(in all its fuzzy glory)

This mission has a great "bang for the buck", not only will it photograph Pluto, but also its moons, as well as spend an additional *bonus* time in space with its extra fuel which will check out many other kuiper belt objects for years to come.

Heres a rendering of our solar system...with the KBO's. KBO's are considered to be the left over material from the construction of the planets.

I think 2015-16 will be when Pluto will "officially" lose its planetary status.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Idiots. They should be pushing to put a ban on the sun. The sun has caused more cancer than all the nuclear accidents or not so accidents combined. After all the sun is a mass of incandescent gas. A giagantic nuclear furnace. Where hydrogen is built into helium at a temperture of millions of degrees.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty
Oh no, nuclear power in space, jeez that has to be bad!
I sure hope these guys don't find out what causes stars to shine so bright, or they will be holding up protests against our own sun!

You caught me in a mood that made me laugh so hard just now!
How true...
These RTG's have been used for so many years.

The Voyager Spacecraft have been operating since the 70's, and are still providing valuable science....RTG's included....

Come to think of it, we should outlaw Black Holes immediately..
All those X-ray emissions..from swallowing up whole solar systems...
Where does the PCness stop?

[edit on 10-1-2006 by spacedoubt]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join