It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I was reading about the seven wonders and The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were on it. I was wondering about proof of this , all the other wonders are real but is their any proof The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were even real.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I feel like your post answers itself, but it certainly is something interesting to look into.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes and No.

There is no, "Hard" evidence - as in a building or an existing structure, like with the Pyramids of Egypt or the Great Wall of China however the Hanging Gardens are heavily documented, by Strabo and Diodorus Siculus to name but a few.

I've seen people make larger leaps on this site, so it is clear that such a thing did exist however they do not mean "Hanging" as in "on a rope" but rather "Over-hanging"/ On a terrace.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is more historical evidence of the gardens than archaeological, Historians like Herodotus, Trabus,Diodorus Siculus has described the gardens in their stories.

In 1899 Robert Koldewey claimed that he found the foundations of the gardens But the measurements were way smaller that the previous historians mention as impressive.

Modern archaeologist discredit his find claiming that the the site is to far away from the water to be the gardens.

I remember that Saddam claim links to King Nebuchadnezzar II and that he was restoring the gardens I wonder what happen with that.

Actually he though to be his reincarnation.

This are links to some of the places where you can find more information.

www.unmuseum.org...

paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 31-12-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join