It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Who Xmas Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hello

Just finished watching the Xmas special with David Tennant. Watched the pre-2005 series intermittently, and have to say that they were really suffered in comparison to Russell T Davies' stuff. It's not just the better budget for special effects, the whole thing is just better written and directed.

Opinions?

Cheers

Taupe

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I watched the Christmas invasion and I also really enjoyed the last season of Dr Who. I was never a fan of the old stuff.

I have no complaints about the new doctor. He’s cool. I did really like Christopher Eccleston, I’ll miss him as the doctor. I heard he wanted to quit after filming the first episode... anyone know why he wanted to leave?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I heard that he is a 'serious' actor and didn't want to be typecast. *Apparently* he played some sort of cop in something like 'Cracker' or 'Prime Suspect' (didn't watch either), and got his character killed off for the same reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Xmas show was good, new doctors good too.

at the end did you watch the clips for series 2??

i saw K9 in them woot if they bring K9 back that be cool, all you saw was K9 spinning saying MAster Master i think, new cyber men look cool, and also what was an old companion doing there Sarah Jane Smith!!! do they travel back to time were they meet old caompanion possibly??? cause K9 in the clips.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I heard he wanted to quit after filming the first episode... anyone know why he wanted to leave?

He only had a one season contract and never intended to do a second in the first place because he didn't want to be typecast. This information was leaked by someone in the BBC after the 1st episode aired. Also there is some rumbling of Him and Piper re-uniting in the Big Finish productions, an audio play series. Check them out there are dozens of them out there. The Dalek Empire series is my fave

It's okay cuz Tennet is better. Still slightly Skitzo, a bit rude and not bi-polar I can't wait till March
I hate it when they tease us like that. Bad BBC bad!

Also after this series is over a NEW Doctor Who spinoff series called Torchwood will debut. It will star Capn Jack the omni-sexual con man. It's set in the 21st century and is a Sci-fi crime drama and is much more mature then Dr Who.

K9, Sarah Jane and Cybermen....oh my!

[edit on 3-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
The Xmas show was good, new doctors good too.

i saw K9 in them woot if they bring K9 back that be cool, all you saw was K9 spinning saying MAster Master i think, new cyber men look cool, and also what was an old companion doing there Sarah Jane Smith!!! do they travel back to time were they meet old caompanion possibly??? cause K9 in the clips.

Yes, in Canada we got cyberman clips - not sure if the 'proper BBC' version did that, although I certainly *did* see K-9. And Anthony Head strangely enough, although I can't take him seriously any more after seeing him as the PM in 'Little Britain'.
)

When I was a kid (and how many times do you hear that with Dr Who), the cybermen alway scared me *way* more than the Daleks.
)

Cheers

TD

PS How's this for a conspiracy? The BBC did a big 'With thanks to CBC/Coproduction' at the end of their titles on CBC, but there was no such thanks on the BBC 'British' version
)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I heard he wanted to quit after filming the first episode... anyone know why he wanted to leave?

He only had a one season contract and never intended to do a second in the first place because he didn't want to be typecast. This information was leaked by someone in the BBC after the 1st episode aired. Also there is some rumbling of Him and Piper re-uniting in the Big Finish productions, an audio play series. Check them out there are dozens of them out there. The Dalek Empire series is my fave

Hey there! I'm a big fan of Big Finish, do they sell locally in Canada, or do you get them online? It seems to be a decent 'retirement home' for ageing British Sci-Fi stars, and I always enjoy listening to Paul Darrow (Avon in Blake's 7) - he has the coolest voice in showbiz.
)

Oh dear me. I must be reaching a 'certain age' because I'm getting all nostalgic over the late 70s and early 80s!

TD

new topics

top topics

join