It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is better AR15 or M-16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am looking to buy myself an assault rifle for christmas since Florida has no more assault weapons ban. What gun do you think is better AR 15 or M-16 Or is their something better out there.I am not a fan of the AK-47 though. What is the best handgun out now in 9mm 45 or 40 semi auto

Thanks and have a safe and happy holidays everyone

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
P90!

It rules!
P90

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
AR15 is the non auto version of the M16. It all depends on preference.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Are not automatic weapons banned in the US? I'm just curious.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Weapons with full auto capacity are banned in the United States unless you have a Federal collectors permit or have a military, police reason.

The ban that was lifted was for to have clips with over 12 rounds. That means you can have firearms with full magizines of any number of rounds, but they cannot be auto.

This means you can buy an AR-15 or a WASR AK, both which are semiauto versions of the full auto weapon.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the AR-15 and M16 are virtually the same, the M16 is directly decended from the AR-15, AR-15's are often made with A2 features such as heavier barrel, improved sights etc.

I personally am more of an AK person my self as well, if they only made them with peep-sights lol...although i'm more of a fan of open-sights so you can have a bit more viewing space and a less constricted Line of Sight.

www.impactguns.com has some really nice AR-15's.

Also note that Assault Weapons are weapons based on assault weapons, usually stripped of strictly military features including automatic-fire, bayonet (even though they can be legally used and bough now), pistol grips and other stuff like folding stocks and all that.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
P90!

It rules!
P90

Nah much prefer the HK MP7,looking forward to getting trained on to use that rather than carrying the SA80/Pistol about....

[edit on 22-12-2005 by bmdefiant]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant

Originally posted by Ulvetann
P90!

It rules!
P90

Nah much prefer the HK MP7,looking forward to getting trained on to use that rather than carrying the SA80/Pistol about....

[edit on 22-12-2005 by bmdefiant]

...yeah...

MP7!

It rules, too!
MP7

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Those new "compact" assualt rifles, which are basically SMGs look so weird....you cant beat the most famous weapon ever, the AK.

Good luck getting one legally into the country though...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The AR 15 will serve you well. You really don't need the full auto feature anyways. You'll loose a lot of accuracy on full auto and the M-16 isn't know for being able to spray large amounts of bullets. A 30 round clip dissapears in under 10 seconds on full auto. Better to save the rounds for more accurate shots.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The AR 15 will serve you well. You really don't need the full auto feature anyways. You'll loose a lot of accuracy on full auto and the M-16 isn't know for being able to spray large amounts of bullets. A 30 round clip dissapears in under 10 seconds on full auto. Better to save the rounds for more accurate shots.

True be that! When ever I play Battlefield 2 and am armed with the M-16A2, or any other assault rifle for that matter, I always switch over to semi-auto, I find more accurate shots take up less ammo and do more damage. So for me, Semi-auto is always the way to go, unless I just want to spray shots.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Stick with either an AR15 or M4. AK47 ammo is getting scarcer, and a local dealer told me that when it is available, it will be pricey. Reason being China, Russia and the U.S. are stockpiling 7.62mm. The U.S. because of Iraq, but China and Russia? Who knows. If it was me I'd be looking at a Bushmaster M4 or AR15 with an A3 upper. You'll want to put an EOtech on it eventually.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Link
Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:

what is your favourite gun

who would win if the ??? and ??? went to war with each other

who has the best army/navy/airforce/secret service........
etc etc ...

This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Please could we get back to threads with genuine interest.

The above list is subject to change and additions and is not set in stone.

Closed

new topics

top topics

join