It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' FIRST Holiday Debates!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Man, I'm itching to see how the other two debates come out. Where did you guys go???
One has been dead for more than a day, the other for 2.

If this keeps up I'll never find out what religion the Grinch is.
Luckily I already know who started the war on Christmas, but I can't tell you until that debate is over either.

While I'm here... I hope this doesn't come across as pushy (it's actually just nervous) but have the judges been arguing over who won the debate between Memoryshock and I, or are all of the debates being judged together? (I'm sure Mem and I would agree that it'd be flattering if we found out that we've put the jury into delliberation for a full 4 days)

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hats off to my worthy opponent Memoryshock. I really don't feel the judges' margin does him justice, though I am definitely flattered.

The judges pretty well affirmed everything that had me worried during the debate. I had to borrow a trick from TheLibra's trouncing of yours truly in the last tournament- I played a Chewbacca Defense with the church (cannonization versus calling the Church evil) then accused my opponent of doing it. I wasn't sure about it, but I had to go with something i'd seen work before.

Most of all though, it was a fun debate. Debating serious subjects can be tense. Debating whether Kenny G is the Devil's scion or just his boyfriend... how serious can that really be???

You have voted MemoryShock for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A congratulations to The Vagabond......his victory is well deserved.....he had me laughing at more than a few stages in the debate and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my attempts to associate carolers with Satan. It's not everyday that you get to make an effort at such a non-sequitor topic.....

And I would agree that the change of pace from serious topics was refreshing.

Again, Congratulations to The Vagabond!

P.S. Here's a nib in the bum to the other fighter's...........quit gorging on Holiday leftover's and debate allready!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No kidding guys. How much cheesecake can your grandma really make for one holiday? You've got to run out sometime.

I just dropped Mem a U2U, don't know if he or anyone else to be up to it, but if debators have gone AWOL, maybe the ones who didn't get to finish their debates would like to get into a team debate vs Mem and I.

Of course, I don't mean to presume for the other fighters or the judges. Just suggesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join