It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain's To Have Upgrade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Saw this news the other day and thought it just had to go in here.

Its bad enough that THEY want to control everything you do and say now, but what if THEY could control your brain as well (you wouldnt be loud to even think for yourself)!!!!!!!!!

Brains Can Have Wireless Upgrades?

Singapore - It could well be the ultimate in hands-free adaptors: A researcher claims that in a decade, people will have wireless networks in their heads!

This will enable direct mind-to-mind and mind-to-machine communications, claimed University of Reading cybernetics professor "Kevin Warwick" who specializes in artificial intelligence and robotics. He is best known for his work in cybernetics, the study of the control systems, especially systems that blend human nerves with electronic networks.

In a talk to students yesturday, he said that he plans to surgically implant a radio chip in his brain in about a decade, when such cybernetics technology becomes available. He is so keen on the idea that he claims the worst part of the process will be removing the device after the experiment.

For the rest of the story, click on link below:

asia.cnet.com...

(for some reason the link wont open onto the the page, so when it loads up onto the site, put into their research: "Brains can have wireless upgrades" and it should show up then, sorry guys)

PS: Anyone want to volunteer first?

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
*runs away* as much as it would be cool to think to other people but the ability to control the "human network" of minds is quite frightening.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm OK with brain augmentation chips from a reliable source, but there ain't no way a wireless network will be going in the head of anyone I respect.

Enough brain cancers coming into the lives of cell phone users in a few years as it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
actually there's a whole "Cult" of people who are into this kind of thing. I remember reading how M$ and some other high tech elitists were self-avowed transhumanists. Tranhumanism, if given to all, is great. But I'm not sure that'll happen.

www.transhumanism.org...

see www.nickbostrom.com...
with:
www.nickbostrom.com...

for the record I agree with a lot of what they say. i am concerned about how this tech would be distributed and think that the best solution would be some kind of free grass-roots release of new tech (0pt, seed AI, etc.)

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ray Kurzweil is also fine by me, as a commentator on these issues.

This is not science fiction, it is today's reality.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I could understand the concept of using such a cybernetic neural interface for something like prosthetic replacement-limbs for those who've suffered from accidental or medically-necesary amputation...After all, the limb would act & react a lot more narmally than a regular "dead" prosthetic. However, the margin of exploitation for this kind of technology is too high. Once the wealthy & influential absorb this idea, you just *know* they're going to pervert it into a way to increase their control over people.

First they'll control access of such technology by keeping it too expensive for the "common person" who would have a need for such an efficient prosthetic. Once they've studied & tested various applications, then they'll start mass producing *their* uses for it, which will bring the costs down & then they'll have their hooks in everybody who can afford it.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You wont find me geting a chip in my brain.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In maybe a few thousand years when humans have evolved and the current...um..unilateral idelas flopping about are gone, then yeah, cybernetcs will be cool.

But never now, theres just too many people and ideals that might use this # for..............what?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Skadi

This stuff will be going on before you are of retirement age.

Get used to it, I say!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately as usual it doesnt matter what the ordinary person thinks, but its moving forward with the times (well thats what they say?) and like it or not, in the future its going to happen.

Hopefully not for a very few years to come, but our children's great grand-children could be having chips put into their heads, when they are first born. Right now they only take prints of the babies sole's (feet) over here, and they wasnt doing that when my son was born 15 yrs ago, sadly its what THEY call, PROGRESS, but for who, is another matter!

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
no wonder our brains are so #ty we keep using machines to do everything for us

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
banjoechef

I agree with you there, machines seem to do more and more for us all the time.

Kids in school nowadays dont get to use their brains, as they use calculators Pc's and everything else, so they dont have to think for themselve's.

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
its quite frightening soon they will be taught to do exactly what the nwo wants when they want and they will get taught to question nothing

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Well its is a bit scary, as you dont know whose really thought of this, and why now?

blackwidow

top topics

join