It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III as seen through Soviet eyes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ww3 will be a reality if we can't stop bush...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Believe it folks.
I certainly do.
Talk about the mother of all contingency plans?
Read on.

external image

The nightmare of nuclear war in Europe - a spectre that haunted the world for half a century - stood revealed yesterday in terrible detail.

In a historic break with the past, Poland's newly elected government threw open its top secret Warsaw Pact military archives - including a 1979 map revealing the Soviet bloc's vision of a seven-day atomic holocaust between Nato and Warsaw Pact forces.

Opened: Top secret Warsaw Pact military archives

I found this article rather educational and a definate reminder of how things were planned based on hypotheticals, aka: contingency plans during the Cold War.
The article goes on to mention:

On the map, western Europe lay beneath a chilling overlay of large red mushroom clouds: Warsaw Pact nuclear strikes, using giant warheads to compensate for their relative lack of precision.

Soviet bombs rain down on cities from northern Denmark down to Brussels, the political headquarters of Nato. Large red clouds blot out cities such as Hamburg, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich and Baden Baden, Haarlem, Antwerp and Charleroi, above the Franco-Belgian border.

On the map, smaller blue mushroom clouds showed expected Nato targets - most of them relatively precise attacks - including strikes on Warsaw and Prague.

And now for the map:

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Very scary, i have family who live in Germany and now i am a bit worried for them. I love Germany so much i go there every year for a week, is there any dates on when these attacks may take place?. Me and my family are thinking of going to germany next year in January for a week again in Kleve.

seekerof

[edit on 26-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There is relatively nothing to worry about, IKnowSomethingYouDont.
What I have presented was from the Cold War era; the Cold War is over. The 1979 map is simply a hypothetical or "what if."

Continue to goto Germany, and have a good time.

I have been to Darmstadt, Kaiserslaturn, Wiesbaden, and Frankfurt AM, partly when my father was stationed there during my childhood and when I was in the Air Force.

Germany is a lovely place to visit, with good beer and good food. You know this.

seekerof

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I remember seeing a map that had hunderds of targets for both sides during my army time... My home town was targeted by both Nato and USSR Since it's the closest "neutral" airfield from soviet airspace.. both sides counted on other for trying to use it...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join