It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

australia has some major places

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hi folks. Wasn't sure where to post this as I didn't want to start a new thread, here seems as good a place as any. I have been looking around on google earth in the Woomera Prohibited area. Very intereting stuff out there. If you follow some of the dirt tracks there are some interesting features. Hard to tell if they are mining or military related though. Anyway, some of you may have heard of Nurangar joint defence facility, it closed in 1999.

www.woomera.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...

Looking at the google earth images of this facility, you can clearly see a rectangular area with what appears to be two large "holes" in it. It looks to me like a missile silo? Just wondering if any one has any knowledge on this as if it is a missile silo, it is interesting as there shouldn't be any ICBM's in Australia.

Co-ords: 31 19'24.77" S 136 46'39.16" E

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's the remains of two radar domes, as in the foundations and whatever part of the structure may have been below the surface. You know that big white dome to the left of the building? And no I'm not saying there was an underground base.
The Nurrungar base was not a missile base btw.

Nice find though. Keep exploring, I've found an airfield near Woomera, but more like in the middle of nowhere.
Also at times when you look at the various RAAF bases around the country you will see FA18 Hornets around, I've even seen one of the Wedgetail AWACS jets at a RAAF base in NSW.

Oh and if you go to the Australian site www.nearmap.com, and go back through the history bar at the top, while looking at the ASC facility at Osborne in Adelaide, you will see two Collins Class submarines docked, and another one out of the water for maintenance.
Nearmap is updated on a regular basis, but it's too bad they don't cover the outback yet because they provide some pretty good quality images of the cities.
edit on 25-2-2011 by BLV12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bourbon

Australia, along with every other "free" country obviously has secret military facilities for the purpose of supressing the population.

So what if we don't know exactly where they are? It's not like moving suburb is gonna help.

They have us all on lists, especially Americans (America has a lot of lists) so just accept it.

I don't care if I die tomorrow because there is an afterlife so I may as well enjoy my stay in this giant prison system.

Don't be paranoid. Be happy. Try psychedelics (read The Psychedelic Experience before).

Psychedelics, AKA Plant Teachers will teach you everything you need to know.

Psilocybin mushrooms can be found in most places. Gotta know exactly what you're looking for though. Mescaline cacti can be legally bought in most countries.

That should be enough psychedelics for now. Feel free to PM me for advice

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
Pine Gap is an underground base

No it is not - just where do you get such garbage from?

Its primary purpose is research into electomagnetic propulsion.

Wrong again, it is a ECHELON station, no research into electromagnetic propulsion takes place there.

comes from locals who regularly see US Military "goings on".

Such as what exactly? It is not a military base...

and Nurranger near Woomera in South Australia.

Closed down in 1999.... so more rubbish
edit on 6/3/11 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Australians are some of the dumbest people on earth, i know i live in australia, australians are ignorant stupid bitches.

I bet theres probably a hell of alot that happens in Pine Gap and other bases owned by the US in australia, most people in Australia dont even know Pine Gap.

he he, you said it man, most of us couldn't care less. just pass the vb!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I cant believe your stupidity! I guess us guys from the SECDET deployments to Iraq in 2003 didnt see combat and must therefore have imaginary ICB medals on our chests. If you wanna make a right dick of yourself claiming to KNOW the FACTS do some better research, like talk to someone WHO WAS THERE! And then tell them to their face they werent in a war with American and British Allies! Here's a tip, look up Aussie ASLAVs in Iraq on Youtube, Oh wait are you gonna tell me then that we were just firing blanks and play fighting whilst Iraqi suicide bombers were driving their vehicles up beside us in an attempt to blow us up?

You did get one thing right, we did not suffer a single death from the enemy but we did have afew wounded and i think that speaks volumes for the professionalism of our soldiers.

Sorry to derail the original thread, Silver Shadow needed an uppercut

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to: tgtbtu

I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing secret or strange going on at the Mt Stuart Training area up in Townsville. It is mostly permanent shooting ranges, with a couple of field firing ranges as well. Nothing mysterious.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironside800

Spot on Mate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join