It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

australia has some major places

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
As For All The Alien Wars Etc... I Have No Idea and wont comment.

But as far as i know these are the only secret/ semi-secret bases and facilities in Australia.

Pine Gap - Already Mentioned

Darriman, Victoria - Omega Tower

Woomera - After Visting, Although Said To Be Closed Down, Are Some Signs of Testing... Workers Etc...

Alice Springs - JORN (Spelling Not Sure) Radar Relay System

RAAF Williamtown - Although Standard RAAF Base, has Air Defence Sector with use of long range satelite surveilance

RAAF Scherger, Learmonth, Curtin - Shadow Bases

Western Australia - Various Testing Sites and Locations

Probably More ....

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Dunno about pine gap, but im sure this large base in WA is simply the SAS training area ive heard a bit about, correct me if im wrong, and you KNOW your right.
The SAS (aussie special forces) have a huge area allocated to them. It needs to be large because they practise with live ammo.
I live near Williamtown Airbase, infact, whenever planes land from the west, they screw up my TV viewing with noise. If you go to the Info centre at the front gate of the base, they will tell you everything. There are no worthwhile secrets there. The info they gather would be secret, but there isnt much there, its simply not a large area, plus its a domestic airpot as well, and you can see everything.
To back this up, i know a few RAAF'ies that work there, including some pilots, one who has now retired was ranked as a wing commander of 2OCU. The wing commander not included, some of these guys couldnt keep a secret if you stitched their lips together.
Pine Gap exluded (US money), there wouldnt be a need for many secret bases here in aus. We dont have the funds or need for the, There is little development done here.
ALSO, Womera (pfft, aborigininal spelling is geh) is a rocket test centre for researchers, not the military or govenment. Scram jets were tested there last year, and it was all over the news.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just thought id add (to cover my arse
) that i know a blackhawk pilot with the army who can keep secrets

I get tot talk to alot of guys from the local base, and it seems the ones who know all the secrets, and wouldnt tell you because of military honour are Mechanics and cleaners, or fitness instructrors from the on base gym....

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by PeAtI]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Referring to the post by Spica posted on 29-10-2003 at 12:36 PM. Wow this is very interesting. I knew the US had many underground tunnels but I didn't know Austrlaia did. I actually live in South Australia myself, the home of Woomera and am interested to find out if anyone else knows of any other secret bases or tunnels? Or even any that may be used for UFO testing?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon
australia has some major hidden bases we need to figure out why and what they are doing here we have a massive land mass but a small population seems dodgy!

How many secret RAAF bases do you think are down there?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkey
As For All The Alien Wars Etc... I Have No Idea and wont comment.

But as far as i know these are the only secret/ semi-secret bases and facilities in Australia.

Pine Gap - Already Mentioned

Darriman, Victoria - Omega Tower

Woomera - After Visting, Although Said To Be Closed Down, Are Some Signs of Testing... Workers Etc...

Alice Springs - JORN (Spelling Not Sure) Radar Relay System

RAAF Williamtown - Although Standard RAAF Base, has Air Defence Sector with use of long range satelite surveilance

RAAF Scherger, Learmonth, Curtin - Shadow Bases

Western Australia - Various Testing Sites and Locations

Probably More ....

I actually work at Williamtown RAAF Base and there is in fact one very large building that is segregated from all the others and whilst there are 9ft chainlink and barbed wire fences throughout the RAAF base(they kind of segregrate the areas from the internal roadways etc, but once inside the fence you have the freedom to reach anywhere, this building is Barbed wired fenced WITHIN the Barbed wire fence perimeter, I drive past it everyday as i make my way to where I work on the base. I think i might direct a few questions about what goes on in there, some of the people i work with pride themselves on knowing where this is and what that does on the base, so lets see if they know what goes on in this building.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
To OzCon', I think the nukes were tested at Maralinga.
I'm not sure that is the only site, but they were tested
there. I hope i spelt Mara' right

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You spelled it right.

My father was there at the time of the tests....... can he get compo for the illnesses he has now which are almost certainly the result of radiation ? NOOOOOOOOO

but I digress.....

isnt there also supposed to be a base somewhere in Sth Melbourne? Might be one of those urban myths, but there are a fe places down Todd Rd that look innocent enough but try stopping and taking pics and things can get nasty

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
You spelled it right.

My father was there at the time of the tests....... can he get compo for the illnesses he has now which are almost certainly the result of radiation ? NOOOOOOOOO

but I digress.....

isnt there also supposed to be a base somewhere in Sth Melbourne? Might be one of those urban myths, but there are a fe places down Todd Rd that look innocent enough but try stopping and taking pics and things can get nasty

Hi Mullb' Try an aust' gov search about compo'. I'm pretty
sure a group of ex-workers have launched a class-action
case. He may well be eligible. All i know about Sth Melb',
if there is a 'base' there, it would be an intel' branch in
an office block. I have to agree, the vehicle traffic is a
nightmare. Have u ever tried to get a parking spot!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
what about the airforce research facility in Port melbourne? that's about the closest "dodgy" location i've heard of close to South Melbourne, some guy in another post wrote of stuff happenning there for years, through WW2 to the present i think...

And what of the talk of many secret tunnels under melbourne? anyone know more?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by satyricam
what about the airforce research facility in Port melbourne? that's about the closest "dodgy" location i've heard of close to South Melbourne, some guy in another post wrote of stuff happenning there for years, through WW2 to the present i think...

And what of the talk of many secret tunnels under melbourne? anyone know more?

About 2 yrs ago, a construction co' dug up a section
of a tunnel in the melb' CBD. It was made very public,e.g,
the news. I can't remember the address of the cons' site
but the section of tunnel had a concrete plug. It is thought
it connected from spring st to somewhere near the dock's.
It was maintained during 40...50's. The media tell us the
rest of it has caved-in or there r no records of an
'escape route' from spring st! Remember, this tunnel is
about 60-70 yrs old. It made from tube Gal ' iron

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well as mentioned before Pine Gap is a joint US/Australian facility. Part of US satelite spy network. Also used during Middle Eatsern conflicts to detect "Scud" launches with aid of satelites. Information shared bewteen Australia and US on equal basis. Prime target in time of world war.

North West Cape was a US Navy facility for submarine communications. Think it has shut down.

Woomera had a US communication facility but as mentioned shut down. Also site of scram jet testing, launch site of satelites back in the 60's and located near nuclear test sites used by the British in the 50's. Huge military range near township used for aircraft and missile testing.

Communication spy facility operated by DSD in Darwin, well known facility.

Communication facility down in Melbourne at a Army base. Forget name of the base, think its Watsonia.

Some bases have "underground" facilities but nothing top secret as such, more communication centres designed to withstand a direct hit my conventional weapons. As mentioned Canberra has a underground bunker able to talk to troops anywhere in the world. I dare say the RAAF, RAN and Army have their own capabilities as well in their respective Headquaters.

The tunnels mentioned in Sydney are fully mapped and i believe avaliable to see from government sources. A TV show did an article on them a few years ago.

I think every major city in the western world and within Europe has "secret" areas. Old tunnels people have forgotten about, underground bunkers designed during conflict but never used again.

I am sure if you look hard, you will find.

As for Ayres Rock or Uluru as its now known. Just a big rock guys, nothing more than that. You want weird, go to the Bungles in Western Australia.

As for C-5's flying into Pine Gap, well the USAF have regular supply flights to Alice Springs using C-5's, C-17's or C-141's depending on whats being carried. These days moslty C-17's. They depart from RAAF Richmond which has a small USAF detachment their. Think they also fly to Christchurch NZ when the Antartic flights are being flown as well.

RAAF Edinburgh hosts the DSDO as mentioned on other posts. Our main defence research facility.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by warthog]

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by warthog]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi, I was thinking this was a good place to put these links since you guys seem to seek the truth..

I've been checkin out all these "classified documents" (not the links below) and quite simply, it all checks out and most of it is true. 'It', being a matrix style, blinding of the people. A constant universal war between good and evil, or Federation and Draconian/Orion, respectivly.... As for their 'agenda' or purpose, it seems, it to simply kill the human race... Quite amazing, they just want us to die. Or rather, breed then kill us.. strange stuff.. fairly complicated.. and i sound strange, but I suppose this is the place to post strange stuff.. Anyway, i've been reading, and searching, and checking, and reading.. I have come up with this.. As im sure you've probably concluded..

Rennes-le-Chateau, France. "Rennes-Le-Chateau is the center of the mysteries of Holy Blood and Holy Grail, linked with the Knights Tempalr, Cathars, and the Merovingian Kings."
There is a book called The Holy Place, by Henry Lincoln, it describes the writers lifetime adventure of finding the Holy Grail. He decripted complicated mathamatical codes and came up with a diagram of the towns making perfect 5, 6 and 10 sided stars. The funny thing is, i've seen that exact same pattern on America's west side on an old map of USA. I'ts freaky and involves Aliens, Governments, underground bases, kidnapping, rape and murder, drugs, tax, laws, germans, time travel, hyperspace, ufo's, cow's, milk carton kids and their evil kidnappers, religion, God, our creator. Anyway, conclusion.. There's something out there, something big. As i've come to understand, there's only one way to stop it, as concluded in The Matrix series, compassion, love. Designed to love, we are the partial kids of the Ancients, the greatest species ever created.... But yea, we have to change practically everything about the 'system' of which we live, where i sit here typing while there's a kid starving in another part of the world. It's just not right. I don't understand why governments havn't changed things already.. anyway, i'll shuttup now.. peace.

Voltron

Oh yea, after some research, I found that the aliens need 'talc' to 'be' in this atmosphere and lysol kills them, real lysol. And there's something spooky about the e=mc2 thing, non-euclidian geometry thing too.

"Aliens, ahh.."
Cartman, as he holds his butt.

watch.pair.com...
members.rogers.com...

Lysol
Talc

Euclidian

www.virtuallystrange.net...
www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/mottoes1-msg.rtf+Creamus+Veritatem+Proprium&hl=en&start=9
www.pyramidtexts.com...
www.julen.net...
www.ufoseek.org/thetruth.htm
www.newconnexion.net...
www.davidicke.net...
groups.msn.com...
www.lunabase.org...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
kevingong.com/Math/NonEuclidianGeometry.pdf
www.geophys.uni-stuttgart.de...
archive.dumpshock.com...
users.iafrica.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.worldofthestrange.com...
crystalinks.com...
www.skygaze.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.majesticdocuments.com...
www.geocities.com...

Stange stuff huh...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ok, I live in Canberra (and have for 33 years).

We have the following bizarre facilities (these are the ones I HAVE SET FOOT IN);

(1) ASIO (Russell Offices)
(2) DSD (Russell Offices, North Gate)
(3) Foreign Affairs (Underground Bunkers, Forrest)
(4) Tunnel under lake (from Russell Offices (DSD) to New Parliament House, then on to the USA Embassy in Yarralumla).
(5) USA Embassy, Yarralumla (Secret nderground Bunkers)
(6) NASA Office, Yarralumla
(7) Deakin Telstra Exchange (Really a NSA Facility)
(8) Belconnen Sheep Paddock (Underground Bunkers & Listening Post)
(9) Old Duntroon Underground Bunkers (About 7 of them - not blocked off)
(10) A "myriad" of unused tunnels beneath the streets of Canberra (I explored many as a "Sewer Rat", when I was younger).
(11) DSN Tracking Station NSA Facility (Under Honeysuckle Creek)

Canberra has everything...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Does anyone know of any bunkers/tunnel systems in WA? I have tried looking through old maps of the city but there is alot that they wont list on purpose...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Australians are some of the dumbest people on earth, i know i live in australia, australians are ignorant stupid bitches.

I bet theres probably a hell of alot that happens in Pine Gap and other bases owned by the US in australia, most people in Australia dont even know Pine Gap.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Australians are some of the dumbest people on earth, i know i live in australia, australians are ignorant stupid bitches.

One of the dumbest ones probably stares back at you in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't like the thought of other nations having secret bases in my country. I was bad enough that they let the Brits test their nukes here... who knows what the US is working on? Could be nothing bad or it could be something dangerous, we just don't know cause it's secret.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae

Australian's in general just don't give a sh*t, We're more a sports nation

[edit on 25-10-2004 by headspace]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Theres Shoalwater Bay here in Central QLD, i dont know if theres a dedicated base there but they do alot of training/exercises there.
Ive heard of strange lights or aircraft at night out over the sea in that area from fisherman i have worked with.
Cause aswell as blocking of a certain amount land they also block a certain amount of ocean and ive heard stories from professional fishermen who have worked close to these boundaries, talking about close encounters with some weird lights/objects and some fast moving lights/objects.

But fishermen being fishermen you never know how much to believe

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join