It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a sig link ok/not ok clarification/explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We all get fined around here for breaking rules and edited due to measuring sticks I still don't comprehend. In the one instance in which I complained I never received a reply from a third party. I don't hold grudges and in all cases where there is direct mod interaction, I've been cordial and usually joke about it.

SO, if I have to remove a thread link from my signature because it is airing "dirty laundry" then my "understanding" of what is right and wrong is only confused further.

If I am fined for a short post and then link to the short post under the signature URL "don't write the line if you can't pay the fine", is that so wrong? It's obviously done in fun or isn't it? If it is there then why can't I link to my own post?

This slope is getting slippery.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh please. It was a small thing asked of you, by me, and note the drama that follows. OK you did remove the link that was to one of your posts complaining about getting a small point warn for something, wasn't me so I don't know, and it gets replaced with this:

*URL regarding forum censorship removed due to Moderational Activities Committee activites.*
Who's got my back?: (anyone?)

So let me get this right, you want to post here by your own rules and not ATS'? Is that the problem?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Any signature that doesn't get removed/edited by the Mods is probably OK.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join