It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Mac and hair-loss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah that's a real weird topic.

But at school on Thursday, someone was talking about a teacher (about 28 now) who started to lose his hair in college because he ate a lot of Easy Mac (you know, the Kraft microwave macaroni). My brother started college himself last year. He ate a lot of Easy Mac. He had a huge box of it on his shelf in his dorm. When he came home for Thanksgiving, my parents commented on how his hair looked thin and hadn't grown much in the three months he had been at school. They figured it was just because he was using Head and Shoulders too much. I do remember hearing about Easy Mac being recalled a couple years ago, but I know they kept selling it.

Maybe it was the Head and Shoulders, maybe it was because neither the teacher or my brother ate well. Maybe it was just stress. I never see the teacher, so I can't ask about it... plus it'd be hella awkward "DID YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR BECAUSE OF EASY MAC?!"

Any replies other than ones making fun of this ridiculous topic would be appreciated.

Edit: Alright so the recall probably has nothing to do with it, judging by the dates.

Kraft Foods Recalls Easy Mac
RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- Kraft Foods has recalled some lots of its Kraft Easy Mac macaroni and cheese dinner. The produce could be contaminated with a food-grade lubricating oil due to a machine malfunction.

The produce codes of the recalled boxes are: SEP-05-01 through SEP-26-01. The product was distributed nationwide.

Source

[edit on 13-11-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My god! Is that why my hair is thinning in front of me eyes?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ouch, I was downgraded to BTS... now I feel kind of ... dirty... It was a serious topic ... just Easy Mac is a joke
hehe

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow, how come I ain't bald? I eat that stuff daily, it makes up about 60% of my diet.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Even easier than Ramen! Love this stuff.

And... still got all my hair, so, I don't think soo....

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
1.) Easy mac is the only pure good in this world. Meaning you cannot say anything bad about it, it was crafted from the hand of god himself, much like this food was crafted by satan

2.) Be not worried because you got downgraded to bts, making a topic about the evils of easy mac probably isnt the way to go for an extremely serious conversation.

3.)I eat easy mac at least once every day, yet i still have an amazing full head of hair.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Haha... That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while... Especially since my religion teacher/ band starter-upper/ drama club moderator has recently become Easy Mac's biggest fan...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's not the Mac.
It's the microwave...

Excessive drinking can prevent baldness, you know..

new topics

top topics

join