It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important -- Assistance Needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, so it may be THAT important to you, but I have to get this done!

I have to write a research paper for my AP English class... And I need a topic. The only criteria are that it be a controversial, two-sided issue that I can take a stand on and use research to back my arguement.

I only ask one thing- Please, no suggestions for stem cell research, anything about oil, gay marriage, national id cards, or the like. I can't take an overplayed topic anymore...

I'm BEGGING for your help. And I know this is the place to go for this kind of assistance...

Thanks.

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS title

[edit on 12-11-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Abortion?
, you didn't mention that overplayed topic.

How about an ATS subject like "Is the Earth Being Visited by Aliens?" or something like that...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ha ha dj... Let me say that I REALLY appreciate your assistance :bnghd: Ha ha ha!

Maybe aliens is a little... TOO... ats...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't know how off-track I may be, but what about something along the lines of this topic here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How about: "Is there a fundamental 'right to privacy' contained in the Constitution of the United States?"

Get the Law Reviews out.....

Whatever you decide, good luck....

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Greyhound Racing

Anti-racing

Pro-Racing

I've been highly involved in this debate and it's wonderful! Lots of information on the net.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hormonal or antibiotic usage in the food supply....Add genetic modifications and you have a boat load to discuss on both sides, and will certainly get anyone's attention.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Choosing a topic for a school paper is the easiest thing in the world. The topic you want to write about is the one with the most substantive data. You can start by hitting all the news sites and looking for stories that are currently hot and then doing the research, internet and otherwise, to see if you can find enough material to support both sides of the issue. When you find your topic, you'll know it.

Whether or not you are interested in the subject is really immaterial. Your assignment is to write a paper. The easiest way to do that is to become an expert on the subject you choose and tell the world what you know and why you take the position that you do. Now get to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
vaccines pros and cons

addition of smiley for two line post

new topics

top topics

join