It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Who are you? What do you want?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

PODcast: Who are you? What do you want? (reply 10)
Majic joins in and talks about -- what else? -- himself in his trademark smarmy style.

length: 04:58
file: btstpod_1025.mp3
size: 874k
feed:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey, Majic! MrWupy and I have already claimed each other as long lost twins, so find your own twin... Or maybe we're long lost triplets...

Electronics, Unix, spirituality, we do have a lot in common...

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return...."

I see you as The Child-like Jester.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Jest Things In Life

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I see you as The Child-like Jester.

Shirley, you jest.

Well, as long as we don't start spontaneously breaking out in Three Stooges gags (nyuck nyuck nyuck
), I'm cool with the whole triplet thing.

So, what should we call our merry band of triplets?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Unfortunately BMW is taken. B(BH)M(Majic)W(Wupy)

There is always WMB

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I suppose, "The three Beamers" is still up for grabs, but i'd feel a bit odd claiming it

Can't use three amigo's either. Hmmmm.... This could be a tough one.

Majic, I'd love to read something you've written, i'd love to share some of my writings with you as well. BH said she liked them a bit, but I think she was just being kind

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Writing On The Wall

Originally posted by mrwupy
Majic, I'd love to read something you've written, i'd love to share some of my writings with you as well. BH said she liked them a bit, but I think she was just being kind

Well, I have been known to lurk in the Collaborative Fiction forum now and then (although I've been scarce everywhere lately), and have left a few items there myself...

Majic's Poetry

Majic's Song Lyrics (Guess I could update that one...)

A couple of haibane-related short stories that read like Grimm's Fairy Tales due to the subject matter...

The Crossing: A Short Story By Majic (Reki's back story)

River Girl: A Short Story By Majic (Kana's back story)

And if I ever get around to it, I'm almost done with my first novel, which I haven't been touting much outside Haibane Renmei fandom, but which is available for an admittedly rough preview for the intrepid literary adventurer.

Mado of Stone Mill

Although it is quite reasonable to roll one's eyes at the thought of a novel written as a sequel to an anime series. I wrote the book so that readers who hadn't seen the series could come in “cold” and hopefully enjoy it, though I recommend Haibane Renmei to anyone who will watch it and am constantly sending out copies of it to friends and family.

I ask anyone who might check the story out to bear in mind it's my first work of fiction since eighth grade (and that last one sucked -- it was about dinosaurs), and I'm learning as I go. And it needs editing.

And stuff.

But, um, yeah.

And yes, as my self-focused and narcissistic schedule permits, I do plan to secretly evaluate your work, so consider yourself warned.

However, I'm hoping to finish that first draft of my novel and my second album by the end of this month, so we'll see. This is going to be a busy month.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'll share one story with you and if you like it, i'll pass on a few more. It's a very quick read, promise.

Wildflowers

I'll read what your up to as well and get back to you on it.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Flowers And Funerals

I'll share one story with you and if you like it, i'll pass on a few more. It's a very quick read, promise.

Wildflowers

Hmm, you offer an uplifting spiritual allegory based on plants and I offer tragic stories of children dying.

The contrast is something, I'll give it that.

The wildflowers story is great, and I love your warm, casual narrative style. As I read it, I could hear you dictating it aloud in your voice -- a voice I know from your podcasts (“This is mrwupy coming at you...”) with its delightful drawl and animated cadence.

It was easy for me to visualize the scene, you effortlessly drew me into that day and the way you describe your thought processes is familiar and endearing.

And of course, the message is spot-on.

I think we all will eventually come together someday.

I call it Convergence, and though my ideas about it may be dead wrong, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

About Those Gruesome Short Stories Of Mine...

Just to make sure it's clear, they're back stories for some characters in the anime series Haibane Renmei, which is a spiritual allegory set in a mythical walled city.

While the series gives strong hints that all the haibane had lived before (and thus had died in various ways), it is generally pretty vague about how, and the details are left to the viewer's imagination.

In writing my novel designed as a sequel to the series, I did a lot of background work, and sketching out the back stories for each character was part of that.

Just a small part, too. So far I have over 30,000 words of background material written for the story that I have no intention of ever publishing, because it would spoil the story (it's stuff like story arcs, timelines, character profiles, plot synopses, schedules and so forth).

Anyway, the back stories for Reki and Kana are two of those, and I may write up the rest over time -- maybe after I finish the darn novel itself. I started it in December 2004, so I would like to finish it this year.

And yes, by their nature, the stories of the previous lives of haibane must necessarily end in death, which can be rather grim. After all, since when is the death of a child ever a happy occasion?

But on the bright side, they go on to become haibane, and that's not all bad.

Bah, sorry for the long-winded digression.

Just sayin'.

Oh and please pass on some more stories of yours. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

[edit on 12/1/2005 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The wildflowers story is great, and I love your warm, casual narrative style. As I read it, I could hear you dictating it aloud in your voice -- a voice I know from your podcasts (“This is mrwupy coming at you...”) with its delightful drawl and animated cadence.

It was easy for me to visualize the scene, you effortlessly drew me into that day and the way you describe your thought processes is familiar and endearing.

And of course, the message is spot-on.

I couldn't have said this better (naturally). It's so true and I had the same experience while reading wupy's story.

As for a name for our happy trio, I'll have to give it more thought...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

by BH:
As for a name for our happy trio, I'll have to give it more thought...

Not to intrude on your threesome, but ...

[oooh nooooo I did not just say that :shk:]

how 'bout "The Tripods"

...couldn't help myself there.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
how 'bout "The Tripods"

that's pretty good! I had something more spiritual in mind but that would work!

TriPOD - In the neverending quest to uphold the stool of PODcasting on ATS.

That reminded me of The Sphinx from Mystery Men!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DAMN Majic, those are some sad stories! I just read, "The Crossing." and "River Girl." and even though I have never heard of Haibane Renmei before i'm not sure I want to watch it now. I'd be depressed for weeks.

Still, I enjoyed the stories my friend and want to say thank you for sharing them with us.

Here are a couple more of the stories i've written, if you have some time you might check them out. Thank you for the kind words about wildflowers.

Sometimes I write.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Death Be Not Deadly

DAMN Majic, those are some sad stories! I just read, "The Crossing." and "River Girl." and even though I have never heard of Haibane Renmei before i'm not sure I want to watch it now. I'd be depressed for weeks.

Actually, the series does have its dark moments. It's a drama, after all.

But almost everyone I know who has watched it has described it as "uplifting", and that includes me.

It's a spiritual allegory, and the story begins -- unusually enough -- by symbolically portraying the death of the main character. My short stories speculate about some of the past “endings” of other main characters in the show.

However, since this is a spiritual story, even death itself is not the end for anyone, but rather a new beginning, and for these wonderful and lovable spirits, the new beginning takes place in a mythical walled city where they hatch from enormous cocoons, sprout wings and are given halos by their nest-mates.

Haibane Renmei offers a metaphorical view of what might come next.

It does this in a way that transcends religions. There are many people of many different religions who enjoy the show and contribute to the fan board I hang out on -- which is dedicated to this one show.

Due to its subject matter, it's definitely a very powerful story, that addresses the most fundamental and universal questions life -- and afterlife -- has to offer. And it does this without being preachy, dogmatic or pedantic.

It's really deep. It's not like anything else I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of things in my short life.

And not to sound cultish or anything, but since I started watching this show, my view of life, the universe and everything has become increasingly positive and centered on love and light -- which this show highlights in some of the most touching ways I have ever seen expressed onscreen.

I really, truly love this show.

So I hope my back stories don't paint a negative picture of what is actually a very positive series.

If it was so depressing, I wouldn't be watching it for the 47th time, I assure you.

I did a podthread about haibane, if you're curious: Majic: Concerning Haibane

It offers an overview of the little winged darlings, and gives a feel for the series by featuring several music clips from the show.

Not to push it on anyone, but it is my favorite show of all time, and I don't pick favorites lightly.

Edit: Sorry, in my feathery fluster I neglected to thank you for the link to your stories, which I've bookmarked and will be perusing this weekend.

[edit on 12/3/2005 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

PODcast: Who are you? What do you want? (reply 11)
Voidmaster jumps back into PODspace to say "Your not the only weird person."

length: 01:45
file: btstpod_1104.mp3
size: 619k
feed:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join