It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JetBlue sells out thier passengers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, this is one airline I WILL NOT be flying... Wonder how many others have done the same and NOT told us???

JetBlue Airways began sending out apologetic e-mails Thursday to customers who are infuriated that the airline gave 5 million passenger records to a defense contractor investigating national security issues.

The form letter, provided by JetBlue to Wired News, confirmed a Wired News story that JetBlue turned over the names, addresses and phone numbers of its customers in September 2002 in response to an "exceptional request from the Department of Defense to assist their contractor, Torch Concepts, with a project regarding military base security."

The e-mail was carefully worded to say that data was never provided to a government agency or used for airline security testing, that the sole copy had been destroyed, and that the Torch presentation was developed without JetBlue's knowledge. The company also expressed regret and promised never to turn over passenger information again without court order.

www.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I agree with you DR I'm never flying with them. Ill stick to pan am till they screw up.

join