It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.S: Skeptic Overview 13: An Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 13: An Experiment
My first attempt at a full podcast with a completely new workflow, focusing on more ATS podcast snippets than normal.

length: 23:50
file: atsspodcast_782.mp3
size: 10392k
feed: atss

Some rough edges with the "production values" on this podcast as I try out a new combination of software for an unpaused complete start-to-finish run through. The mic settings on the software needs some tweaking and fine-tuning.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 13: An Experiment (reply 1)
So... I guess I should check the input on my new "pro" microphone BEFORE I record a full podcast.

length: 01:29
file: atsspodcast_784.mp3
size: 690k
feed:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sorry to make this just one line but what program are you using to record your PODcasts?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've been looking for software that provides a "100% live" streaming format similar to what's available via CastBlaster, but for Mac OSX. It seems that most people semi-serious about audio are already using Mac's with high-end software, and are settled into workflows with high-end audio editors such as Soundtrack Pro (I have that, but am looking for a better work-flow).

So I've been experimenting with various combinations, trying to get a system where the entire podcast content can be created in one continuous stream without additional editing. And now I think I have that.

Audio HiJack Pro is the center of it all... it enables you to grab and record audio from any source on your OSX computer. Skype, iTunes, Window Media player, and any other application can be integrated into a single audio stream. Combined with SoundByte and you have a complete setup that streams a compressed MP3 file to your hard drive as you run through your podcast.

So far, it looks like the ideal set-up for a Mac.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know a GREAT video and audio program that works well but you may have to have a higher end system to run off of. Something with at leats 500 gigs of HDD space on a SATA drive. Look for a program called NewTek VT[4]. I use this at school for our studio, its all digital. We stream and record our shows right onto the harddrive as we are taping it. Im only like 2 out of 2 people who know how to operate the thing, and to me its easy as pie. Im not sure how expensive it is but it also depends on how much you are willing to spend. Could do pretty good for an ATS online showcase. I thought about recording one one day maybe if I had the time and permission from you to do so.

NewTek: www.newtek.com...

I am running windows and looks that HiJacker is for mac.

[edit on 11/5/0505 by brodband]

new topics

top topics

join