It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth anomaly near Brooks Lake, Wyoming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was reading some og the Dulce papers on Ufoarea.com and there was talk of a underground facility near Brooks Lake with a road supposedly dissapearing into the mountains. So I wanted to check it out on sattelite pictures...

I didn't really find what I was looking for but something caught my attention. I would like your opinion on this picture:

maps.google.com...,-110.025501&sll=37.062500,-95.677068&spn=0.039396,0.075831&sspn=88.091763,163.476563&t=k&hl=en< br />
It looks to me like a white object hanging in the air and casting a shadow on the ground (?)

Anyway, it's my first post here, so go easy on me

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I can see the white capsule like object in the middle of the image, but I cannot make out the shadow of it. Is it just some kind of a balloon thing just happen to be there at the moment?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Could you be a little more specific as to where this white hanging object is located on the picture? I saw this black shadowy area(could it be a shadow from a cloud?) and the only white thing I see is right smack dab in the middle, almost near what looks like a hole or pit

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i just get a "we do not have any imagery at this zoom level.

however in the pic posted above, i do see the white object and the shadow. is there anway to zoom in from there?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I tried scoobdude, but I got the same message

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can zoom in just a bit from the web page. According to the scale on the bottom left corner, the white capsule object is about 75m long. Any idea what it is? I still can’t make out the shadow of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
I would like your opinion on this picture:

maps.google.com...,-110.025501&sll=37.062500,-95.677068&spn=0.039396,0.075831&sspn=88.091763,163.476563&t=k&hl=en< br />
It looks to me like a white object hanging in the air and casting a shadow on the ground (?)

If you view it in google earth, you can look at it from the side
and "fly" around it from any angle. The dark spot, when viewed
from the side, doesn't seem to have any relationship to the white
spot. Elevation there is over 10k ft. My guess would be snow/ice for
the white spot. Nat Wx Service says the temp on Lava Mt, at the time
I'm typing this, is 13 deg F, -2 wind chill.

The average year-round high in the town of Dubois, 24 mi south
of there and about 4000' lower in elevation, is only 78 deg F.

Sarge

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I went to Google Earth and typed "Brooks Lake, Wyoming" and something extremely strange came up... Indices for "Alien City", "Atlantis", "Alien Lake" and "CPU Lake" all appear on the map. I have an image capture and am going to try and post... Except I have no idea how to. Does anyone else see this??????????

OK, wait a minute... Looks like a hoax but how does this stuff get into Google Earth and why does the lake look like a printed circuit board???

[edit on 3-11-2005 by kozmo]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I went to Google Earth and typed "Brooks Lake, Wyoming" and something extremely strange came up... Indices for "Alien City", "Atlantis", "Alien Lake" and "CPU Lake" all appear on the map. I have an image capture and am going to try and post... Except I have no idea how to. Does anyone else see this??????????

OK, wait a minute... Looks like a hoax but how does this stuff get into Google Earth and why does the lake look like a printed circuit board???

Hoax?

Anyway, the "shadow" I was talking about is below to the left of the blob. The blob is in the center of the image. It looked to me like it was a shadow but that the angle perhaps was wrong if you look at shadows from surrounding mountains etc?

I hear lots and lots of these anomalies are found in google earth, so unless the google team is putting them there for some kind of hoax/pr/sales-thing, these things are for real.

As for clouds or snow, there is none to be seen anywhere else on the photo. It seems unlikely that a natural phenomena like that would be so localized.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by DrLeary]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Could be one of those heavy lift blimps that was mentioned on here a while back.
Cannot find the link though.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is also an anomoly around Metropolis, Illinois. Apparently google earth suspiciously doesn't have anything for here. My thoughts are another type of alien interference. j.k

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The "shadow" is wrong; in satellite photos the sun comes from the bottom (South) and it takes a while to get used to that.

It looks like the black dot is a small lake/pond, in some kind of crater, while the white "blimp" is a fuzzy picture of either fresh dirt or snow where there was apparently an explosion.

terraserver.microsoft.com...

Dang! you had my hopes up! Good eyes, though. Keep it up. (This is my first day here, too.)

Enjoy the hunt!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

When I type Brooks Lake, Wyoming into Google Earth I go straight to Brooks Lake.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
is this the place you were talking about kozmo the lake witch looks like a circuit board i all ready had it as a placemark heres the pics it looks very weird like...
??

Very Wierd?

[edit on 1-1-2006 by matrix 333]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
anyone know how this could have been caused ?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you take the google link at the beginning of this thread and toggle the view select to MAP you'll see a road that does indeed run up to nowhere - just to the East/NE of the dot. When you toggle to HYBRID it show a very strange, nearly perfect, round black circle/hole/basin/dome/reservoir.... Odd indeed.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i emailed the lava mountain lodge (the mountain the object is on) with screen caps and they said they don't know exactly what it is, but believe some sort of weather facility exists on the mountain where they get readings from.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by macchipazzi]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
i've searched aand searched this entire area, nothing...can you please give the exact co-ordinates of the 'object' and 'cpu lake' as i am drawing blanks\

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
maybe it is that one? check it out

www.summitpost.org...

Driving to the Base
The starting point for activity on the mountain is the Brooks Lake Road, reached from US26/287 near Togwotee Pass. The pass itself is reached by driving highway 26/287 for 34 miles east from Moran Junction or for 22 miles west from Dubois. 7 miles east of the pass (or 15 miles west of Dubois), the Brooks Lake Road (#515) heads north at a well-marked junction. About 4 miles up this road is the parking lot for the Pinnacles Trail. This highway is undergoing a protracted and inflated 7-year construction project. Expect some delays.
The mountain can also be accessed from the Bonneville Pass trailhead by continuing up the Brooks Lake Road for another mile to the junction for the side road to this trailhead.

Eastern access to the mountain is problematic due to private land in the DuNoir valley.

Also see photo the Sign? "Private property no trespassing Violation will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by DeafRaz]

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
('
')

In Response DrLeary.

I have found something, rather interesting.

43.767882,-109.988203

Enter this into the search bar on Google Maps....

Interest on location taken from a comment on the Dulce Papers;

New Mexico and Arizona have the largest amounts of entrances followed by California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri. Of all the state's Florida and North Dakota have the least amount of entrances. Wyoming has a road that opens directly into the subterranean freeway.

That road is no longer in use, but could be reactivated if they decide to do so, with minimal cost. It's located near Brooks Lake.

edit on 20-2-2014 by D0M1N0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join