It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Since You Left...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

PODcast: Since You Left...
BH cries in her beer...

length: 02:34
file: btsmpodcast_723.mp3
size: 1208k
feed: btsm

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic, very nice!!!

r/s
sporty

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
BH, Nice voice! And pretty well done lyrics, too! That little growl in your voice on "I hunger for your touch" in that one part most definately got my attention. Good to get a shot of the blues once in a while.

xu

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
nice:

did you record the vocal directly onto the background music? or did you record the vocal seperately and mixed later?

if you have the vocal record (just the vocal) will you podcast that also, so I can compose a different background and mix them and podcast in this thread back. I will understand if you really chose not to post the raw vocal file. however in my opinion the background sound (everything except the vocal) kind of lowers the quality of the overall sound. and believe me if you could have listened the raw vocal recordings of the well known pop singers you would notice what makes them sound good is actually post processing and the background composition.

as I said I will undertsand if you dont want to, for instance personally I wouldnt
, but if you ever wonder how the overall sound would be like when it is mixed onto a different background and with postprocessing, I could give it a shot since raw vocal files are like jewels to electronic music compositor.

hey this gave me an idea, there could be like an ATS e-music composition competition, where everyone would be provided with the same raw-vocals ( like your podcast, minus the background) and would be expected to create a complete piece from it, and outcomes would be podcasted and maybe voted on. just an idea. ok this post got so long.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
simply lovely..ya voice is so made for blues. do ya art, girl!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Err, was this recorded at 80bpm?

Zip

xu

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Zip

my auto bpm meter gauge shows me 81 bpm or 162 bpm...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I quite like the vocals.

Zip

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xu
did you record the vocal directly onto the background music? or did you record the vocal seperately and mixed later?

This was my very first attempt at making computer music.
I'm just messing around and having a blast. I dont have the bare vocal track, but I'll make you one tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what you do with it!

Thanks for all the nice words.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
simply lovely..ya voice is so made for blues. do ya art, girl!

Thank you. I share a birthday with BB King.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Zip

Err... I think it was 81. I just stopped when it felt right.
Is it standard practice to do it at a round number?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Cool! Great work!

I dont have the bare vocal track

Oh no! Rule of computer music thumb --- ALWAYS save each track separately. I was also hoping to take the vocals from this track (which I really like) and add real blues instruments.

but I'll make you one tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what you do with it!

Wooot! I am very much looking forward to that.

Regarding the bpm, ehh, it doesn't really matter, but I had loaded it into Ableton Live to add some guitar to it and knowing the exact bpm is helpful for that, in many ways.

Great voice!

Zip

[edit on 10/30/2005 by Zipdot]

xu

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'm just messing around and having a blast. I dont have the bare vocal track, but I'll make you one tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what you do with it!

Great
this will be fun.

Im not sure about podcasting details here but if there is a quality setting for the podcast mp3, or when you decode it as an mp3 before podcast, it will be better if you go for the 96 kbps compression ratio, or even better if 128 kbps that will provide a good quality to work with. ( your mp3 here is 64 kbps compression for instance). if you see no option for the compression settings then dont botherwith it, it will do as 64 kbps too.

like Zipdot I look forward to it too

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

PODcast: Since You Left... (reply 1)
80 bpm. In B. Good luck synching up to it.

length: 02:50
file: btsmpodcast_725.mp3
size: 1332k
feed:

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

PODcast: Since You Left... (reply 2)
128kbps

length: 02:50
file: btsmpodcast_726.mp3
size: 2663k
feed:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
awe cmon, BH gotta 128K of the solo vocal?? And hate to say it, but I think you mighta clipped the vocal a bit on the recording.... (clipped means overdrove, distorted a bit, and unfortunately, re recording if you wanna get it clean.) That's why I wouldn't mind hearing a 128k of it to see.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sorry, I mean it's in B. I have to go to bed. I could stay up all night doing this, though.

Sorry about the sound quality. I have crap for a mic. I'll do another upload of 128 bit rate.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I already sent you a U2 but I will add it hear as well, I really liked that and I hope to hear more from you

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
awe cmon, BH gotta 128K of the solo vocal?? And hate to say it, but I think you mighta clipped the vocal a bit on the recording.... (clipped means overdrove, distorted a bit, and unfortunately, re recording if you wanna get it clean.) That's why I wouldn't mind hearing a 128k of it to see.

I'm getting a new mic in the next few weeks, and I think my crap-for-mic is what you're hearing. There's a lot of noise I have to manually take out. I know it sucks. Anyone want to buy a girl a microphone?

The 128 K is there, but I don't know if it's any better. Goodnight all.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The 128 K is there, but I don't know if it's any better. Goodnight all.

Yep, it's clipped in the strong parts.

But, you can still do fine with that mic. Notice the softer parts are fine.

1) turn your mic input level down a hair
2) "Work" the mic a bit more, i.e., for softer parts get closer, but as soon as ya feel a growl comin on, or when you know you're gonna get louder, back up a bit BEFORE you sing that louder part.

These things will help, but of course having a nice mic and good mic pre makes a good bit of difference.

And if you really wanna give it the whammy, then near the end, last chorus, ad lib your butt off and stray away from the main melody. Why? Cause ya done sang the main melody enough at that point, and need to move towards a climax for more variety. Climaxing it more in the second chorus and way more near the end will make the emotional content rise and keep it from staying less linear down the track.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join