It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Heads Up: TV Doco' on Time Travel, tonight 30th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I look forward to watching this, tonight.

SBS "Time Trip"
8.30pm - 9.30pm (Eastern states)

Ever since Einstein showed it was theoretically possible, the quest to travel through time has drawn eccentric amateurs and brilliant scientists in equal numbers. This journey deep into cutting-edge physics features theories from amateurs such as Aage Most to professionals like Professor Frank Tipler. The concept that time travel is possible is explored and according to Professor Paul Davies, "Scientists have no doubts whatsoever that it is possible". It has been humankind's dream to be able to travel through time and the documentary looks at the likelihood that future generations will be able to use computers to create exact replicas of the past. And if this will be possible, who's to say we are not one of those replicas?

Sanc'.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
...oooh now to convince the 9 year old that she reallly really wonats and needs to watch that instead of some airy fairy movie....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This sounds like a great show, unfortunalety I won't be able to watch it (I'm not in Australia).

In my humble opinion if time travel was possible, everybody would have his own personal time machine already. Let me explain, sure the military would keep it secret "now", but there are no doubt some dude from the future would come back in the past and tell the world how it works, it's inevitable at some point in time. Look at history, no secret last forever. So if you don't own a time machine in your basement at the moment of this writing, well guess what, time travel is impossible.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well, it just finished (thanks for the heads up sanctum
) and it wasn't too bad. Despite some fairly daggy moments (the guy wearing the "time coil" around his head was pretty hilarious and I could have done without the Doctor Who theme at the end) they managed to summarise the predominant theories behind time travel fairly well.

The final theory, regarding the use of simulated visions of the past, was particularly interesting, since it presented time travel as less of a physical alteration of time and more of a sensation of experiencing the flavour of the past through mimicry. The notion that we all may be simple simulations is at once disturbing and liberating. What did you guys think of this show?

[edit on 30/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh man i missed it

It sounded really interesting stupid C.S.I!

top topics

join